CHA - MIN - Don't think I've seen this one before...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

CHA - MIN - Don't think I've seen this one before... 

Post#1 » by spidythejoe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Minnesota
In: DJ Augustine, Gerald Wallace, Alexis Ajinca
Out: Mike Miller, Kevin Love, Boston 1st

DJ/Telfair
Foye/McCants
Wallace/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith
Collins/Ajinca

Trade improves the overall fit of Minnisota's roster. Love is probably going to be pretty good, but he is probably not a center and he is probably never going to be a real good defender. Jefferson needs some defense around him. Wallace is a solid defender and a versitile forward that can play next to jefferson in small line ups. In the mean time, Foye moves to the 2 where he is very comfortable and DJ mans the point, giving Sota a heck of a floor leader who can feed the post, slash and shoot. Ajinca is an interesting talent who could develop into a nice front court partner next to Big Al.

Charlotte
In: Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Boston 1st
Out: DJ Augustine, Gerald Wallace, Alexis Ajinca

Felton/Brown
Bell/Miller/Caroll
Diaw/Miller/Ammo
Love/Diaw/May
Okafor/Hollins/Booth

Charlotte gains an excellent compliment to Okafor that can help them on their push to the playoffs. Love's shooting sandwiched between Diaw and Okafor's defense makes a very decent front line. Mike Miller brings back the scoring punch J-Rich left behind and makes a living spreading the floor for the bigs to operate. His contract also is two years less than Wallace's, making Charlotte a player in the magical year of 2010.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Re: CHA - MIN - Don't think I've seen this one before... 

Post#2 » by countryboi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 pm

DJ is the point of the future for charlotte. no way they trade him right now
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#3 » by Basti » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:29 am

it is an interesting trade. I think Minny would do it.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:39 am

Diaw is much more useful at the 4 than the 3 IMO. I think the Cats know they have something special in DJ. I like Love, Miller is a good player too but i would rather have Crash.

Im torn.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:01 am

It's an interesting trade, but if Larry Brown has as much pull as their last few trades indicates, there's no way he allows MJ to do this deal. It's a downgrade in defense at two positions, and moves the players he lobbied for on draft day.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#6 » by shrink » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:It's an interesting trade, but if Larry Brown has as much pull as their last few trades indicates, there's no way he allows MJ to do this deal. It's a downgrade in defense at two positions, and moves the players he lobbied for on draft day.

That's probably the most important hurdle here, but I just posted to applaud spideythejoe's creativity. Interesting trade!
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#7 » by Vindicater » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:50 am

Thats one of the closet deals ive seen to fair talent in along time on these boards... much better then any of my deals :P

As a wolves fan I would do it
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."

Return to Trades and Transactions