Kings - Clippers

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Re: Kings - Clippers 

Post#21 » by killbuckner » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Tough deal for me to assess simply because I think that pretty much all of the players involved are worth less than their fanbases think.I do think that it would be ridiculous for a lottery team to trade for Baron Davis, but this is also why I think that the Clippers should be open to trading Baron Davis. I think that this would probably just work better as a 3 way deal since the value doesn't appear to be significantly off.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#22 » by ejftw » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:07 am

Take out DeAndre, we add Ricky, you add 2 future 2nds, and alright

Udrih would be the perfect PG in Dunleavys system, plays defense and can knock down a jumper.
Udrih-Gordon-Thornton-ZBo-Camby
Taylor-Jones-Salmons-Skinner-Kaman
Hart-Collins-Novak-Davis-Jordan
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#23 » by Smills91 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:29 am

ejftw wrote:Take out DeAndre, we add Ricky, you add 2 future 2nds, and alright

Udrih would be the perfect PG in Dunleavys system, plays defense and can knock down a jumper.
Udrih-Gordon-Thornton-ZBo-Camby
Taylor-Jones-Salmons-Skinner-Kaman
Hart-Collins-Novak-Davis-Jordan

I just added Jordan as a roster filler. It could be Mardy Collins/2nd or whatever. I just figured it's best to do a straight 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 swap. In my mind I thought the Clips had more need for back court(Collins) depth than front court(Jordan) depth.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#24 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:04 am

I think most Clippers fans see Jordan as having at least late-first rounder value, albeit as a bit of a project big man. If you only want him as filler then you should just switch him out for something that's genuinely useless (Davis).
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Smills91
Banned User

Post#25 » by Smills91 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 am

Prospect Dong wrote:I think most Clippers fans see Jordan as having at least late-first rounder value, albeit as a bit of a project big man. If you only want him as filler then you should just switch him out for something that's genuinely useless (Davis).

Consider it done.

Davis/Davis

for

Beno/Salmons/Hou 2009 1st.
ClipperEric
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#26 » by ClipperEric » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:31 pm

As a Clip fan I'll take the original deal or the Davis/Davis version. But I doubt the Kings would accept. I am veeeerrrrrryyyyyyy unhappy with Baron, he just doesn't fit into our system and Udrih would be a perfect fit. But the Kings probably won't take on BD's huge contract.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by KM44 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:31 pm

I think that value wise, this trade isn't bad, but baron is NOT a good fit on the kings. Because of his age, contract and history with injury, I would have to pass on almost any trade for Davis. If we do a deal with the clipps, thorton has to go to the kings.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
Norbit
Sophomore

Post#28 » by Norbit » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Give me a break everyone (including clippers fans) on these boards are talkin about how **** Baron has been all year. I wouldnt want that chucker and his horrible contract on my kings especially for our pick this year which looks like a top 4 pick. Baron davis sucks, deandre jordan sucks but as long as a kings fan is posting a trade it seems like everyposter and their mom on these boards wants to rape us.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 618

Post#29 » by sackings916 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:24 pm

I actually think BD would be a good fit on the Kings. He'd be able to dominate the ball and our offense would revolve around him creating. Unlike on the Clippers the Kings big men are perimeter oriented which is beneficial both to Davis and the Kings bigs. Having a playmaking PG like Davis could potentially take Kmarts game to the next level as well.

But there's no way im giving up a potential(high) lotto pick for Davis and that contract if im the Kings. Salmons+Beno+Hou 1st for Davis/filler is reasonable for both sides.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#30 » by Smills91 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 pm

I really think this is one of the mutually beneficial deals that works for both parties because of each teams other personnel that would surround the traded parties and the style of play dynamics. The Kings are built to be a team that should run and gun, and the Clipper are built around post men in the half court. Beno was VERY effective last year running an Artest-driven offense from the post out. I think he'd be equally or more effective in the Clippers system.

Baron was VERY effective in GS, where a run n gun mentality took place. I can think of no better wing than Kevin Martin on the wings in a run n fun style. I aso think Thompson, Hawes, Garcia, Moore would be improved with a Baron Davis leading the point.

I do think the age/contract/injury concerns from both sides are noteworthy, but ultimately, each team is really underachieving this year and this could break each team out of the monotony that they're going through to change the dynamics this year and set the tone moving forward next year for each franchise.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#31 » by ejftw » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:31 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:I think most Clippers fans see Jordan as having at least late-first rounder value, albeit as a bit of a project big man. If you only want him as filler then you should just switch him out for something that's genuinely useless (Davis).

No, we view as DJ becoming a Camby-esque player with his length and athleticism, who will hopefully be ready in a couple of years when Marcus expires. Collins or Ricky swapped for DJ, and sure.

Return to Trades and Transactions