Sac-Orl

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Sac-Orl 

Post#1 » by KM44 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:19 am

So Last year I remember orlando and sac talking about trading miller over there. I thought that miller was a great fit over there, so now that he is 100% on the block looking to go to a contender, lets do a deal.

My first thought.

Sac trades: Miller, Udrih, Bobby Brown
Orl trades: Nelson, Batie, Bogans/reddick (it was initially reddick, but I think the value evens out better if its bogans) and Cook

So I don't know a whole lot about orlando and their needs or wants, but I think that beno would be an PERFECT fit on orlando, because he is a penetrater who loves to be out of the spotlight and set up his teamates. Dwight howard in the middle, hedo and lewis shooting, pietris slashing, and miller doing the little things, that could be conpetitive with boston and cle. Beno is a bit of a step down in scoring from nelson, but he is such an awesome intangibles guy that he would truly flourish on a team like orlando.

Beno/Johnson/Brown
Pietris/reddick/Lee
Hedo/Lewis
Miller/Lewis
Howard/Foyle

As for the kings, we get a super athletic poing guard who could be an all-star during his career. We do take on battie, bogans and cook, but they all expire before 2010. I think that this allows us to really get out there and make something happen in the next couple of years when it comes to getting a star forward.

I'm thinking a package with our 2009 first (top three hopefully), 2010 first, thompson, salmons and for a star SF/PF. Then we use our houston pick, which will end up around 20-25, to get a backup point, our second rounder, which will be early, to get a defensive big man, and sign paul millsap. If greene pans out to be the guy people think he could be, then this team could be quite good.

Sac in two years
Nelson/(this years Hou pick- best case scenario- Lawson)
Martin/Garcia
Garcia/Greene
*Enter star here*/Millsap/(2009 second rounder)
Hawes/(2009 second rounder)

So tell me if I'm way off in evaluating nelson, but I think that he is an excellent player, but expendable. I think miller and beno would be more important than nelson when it comes to taking on bos and cle. I have no idea how good he is on D, but I think it is above average, and he can shoot, but he isn't a shooter.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be knocked down on this one because of nelson's value, but I think that beno's potential on orlando and miller's veteran contribution would be tremendous for the magic. Thoughts?
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Sac-Orl 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:42 am

I like the idea in general, but Orlando can't afford a shake-up. Not when their core is finally clicking, and Jameer is putting his talents to good use.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#3 » by dozencousins » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:55 am

The trade for SAC really sucks

No way ,No how ,Never
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,942

Post#4 » by Effigy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:13 am

Nelson is playing at such a high level this year that there's no way you move him for this package. The Magic decline easily. They'd be interested in Miller, maybe taking his salary off the Kings' hands so they can give more minutes to Thompson and Hawes, but they aren't moving Jamier to do it.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#5 » by KF10 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:22 am

Jameer has been playing really well for the Magic. I'm actually surprise to be honest. He seems to be in another level from last year.
humboldtkingsfan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by humboldtkingsfan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:50 am

Ouch for Orlando. Don't like it for the Kings either because we don't improve. I think Jameer is good enough with players around him, but throw him in with the Kings and it looks horrific. As for the intangibles Beno brings.....? Not sure what I missed, but watching the Kings on league pass every game has shown me that I should have as little faith in him as Adelman had in JWIll in the 4th.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#7 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:55 am

Not bad value for either team, but I agree with ecuhus, the Magic are in no rush to mess up their team chemistry by moving their starting PG. Now, if the Magic start to tailspin out of the playoffs and Nelson starts to struggle, maybe...
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#8 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:17 am

I sound like a broken record., but I don't want to trade for a PG when we will be drafting one in the summer. I love Nelson but he isn't our PG of the future.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#9 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:59 am

^Neither is Udrih and they are both getting paid pretty similar salaries, both in years and length.....
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#10 » by KM44 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:22 pm

^^Nick, there is no assurance that any of the pg's in this years draft are going to be superstars. At least nelson has all-star potential, and that's all we really need in our point, not a rookie who makes too many mistakes.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#11 » by trebone » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 pm

i actually like this for the magic, jameer is playing well but we have to much offense on the team as it is, we really need a pass first pg to set people up not real familiar with beno but I do like the idea of miller in the high post.
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#12 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:28 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:^Neither is Udrih and they are both getting paid pretty similar salaries, both in years and length.....

that is an excellent point, I just don't think Jameer wants to come on to be the future backup. (assuming our draft pick surpasses him). I change my mind though, I would do this.

Return to Trades and Transactions