Bulls/Blazers/Pistons Blockbuster!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Bulls/Blazers/Pistons Blockbuster! 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:40 pm

Bulls Trade: Hinrich, Gooden, 2nd
Receive: Webster, Sergio, Raef

Noah/Gray
TT/Noc
Deng/Webster
BG/Hughes
Rose/Sergio/Hunter

The Bulls cut a tonne of salary while getting a decent young wing on a very reasonable long-term contract and a young PG.

Blazers Trade: Rudy, Sergio, Outlaw, Webster, Raef, 09 protected 1st
Receive: Prince, Hinrich, Maxiell

Oden/Przy
Aldridge/Maxiell/Frye
Prince/Batum
Roy/Bayless
Hinrich/Blake

The Blazers consolidate talent in a big way and go all out for a championship.

Pistons Trade: Prince, Maxiell
Receive: Rudy, Outlaw, Gooden, 09 protected 1st, 2nd

Sheed/Gooden/Kwame
Amir/Outlaw
Hamilton/Hermann
AI/Rudy
Stuckey/AI

The Pistons get a lot younger, add a 1st and cut even more long-term salary. Due to Detroit's winning culture they could pursue two max FA's over the next two years (Bosh, Amare, Lebron, JJ, Wade, Boozer, etc).
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Bulls/Blazers/Pistons Blockbuster! 

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:42 pm

I like this, not sure if DET is crazy about trading Prince, but Rudy and Outlaw is great value, not to mention the 1st.

I think POR gets 3 players that fit their team like a glove, the value may seem steep, but man that team is scary.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#3 » by princeofpalace » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:59 pm

Detroit declines. They arent in rebuild, they are competing, Prince allows them to do that, Rudy/Outlaw/1st does not. Tayshaun has been Detroits best player this season and he is least likely to be moved. Detroits average age is 27; they arent old and dont have a desperate need to 'get younger' as young teams rarely win anything.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#4 » by Liqourish » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:54 pm

I think Rudy could be a steal but I agree with princeofpalace, Detroit would decline.

I know we have a few old guys in our rotation but we also have some solid young guys too.

Rodney Stuckey 22 yrs old
Arron Afflalo 23 yrs old
Tayshaun Prince 28 yrs old
Jason Maxiell 25 yrs old
Amir Johnson 21 yrs old
Kwame Brown 27 yrs old (has a player option this summer)

Rip Hamilton 30 yrs old
Allen Iverson 33 yrs old (expires this offseason)
Walter Herrmann 29 yrs old (expires this offseason)
Rasheed Wallace 34 yrs old (expires this offseason)
Antonio McDyess 34 yrs old (expires this offseason)
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#5 » by vege » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:00 pm

Detroit laugh and offer Amir + Afflalo for LMA as counter offer. Funny huh?
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#6 » by Liqourish » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:39 pm

Whats funny about his trade? Fernandez, Outlaw, and picks is very good value for Prince/Maxiell, the timing is just off and it doesn't fit with the plans Dumars has.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#7 » by CellarDoor » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:52 pm

vege wrote:Detroit laugh and offer Amir + Afflalo for LMA as counter offer. Funny huh?

Beyond this guy, good trade man.

I think Portland may feel like they're giving up a bit much. Also; Webster completely buries thabo on the bench. But that's not much different than now with Hughes.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Post#8 » by Wizenheimer » Mon Jan 5, 2009 7:01 pm

for portland, the price is pretty steep but they'd do the deal. They'd probably like to delay till hinrich is healthy and roy as well because that would leave their backcourt rotation as blake and bayless...that's it...2 guards and 96 minutes to fill.
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 113

Post#9 » by Red Robot » Mon Jan 5, 2009 7:14 pm

I think the Blazers would rather cut Chicago out of this. Hinrich for Webster, Sergio, and Raef's contract isn't close to worth it for them. The Blazers and Pistons could pare it down to something like:

Fernandez
Outlaw
Draft pick
Frye or Diogu (expiring)

for

Prince

Of course, it can't be saved if Detroit doesn't want to move Tayshaun right now, and it sounds like they don't.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#10 » by N.O.R.E. » Mon Jan 5, 2009 11:38 pm

bump
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#11 » by Agenda42 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 12:01 am

I don't think that the Blazers can run with Bayless as the backup SG. He's not ready yet.

If the Blazers could swap Frye for Webster in the deal, things would work much better for them.

I also think that this deal would be easier to make work if the Blazers and Pistons cut Chicago out and worked on a deal of young talent for Prince.
vege
RealGM

Post#12 » by vege » Tue Jan 6, 2009 8:13 am

Liqourish wrote:Whats funny about his trade? Fernandez, Outlaw, and picks is very good value for Prince/Maxiell, the timing is just off and it doesn't fit with the plans Dumars has.

good value? lol Prince is our best player. Outlaw is worth Max. So are you saying a late 1st and Rudy is worth our best player? Rudy is good but is still unproven and a sg. A late 1st? we can get what? another afflalo? or another max? if we are lucky because this draft sux. So are you trying to say a prospect (a good one but not a "stuckey". Perhaps a guy who will be close to what RiP is in 2-3 years by now without the experience, without the defense, without the durability) So are you trying to say a prospect Rudy + a Max or Afflalo (at very best) is worth Tay? The guy who have been playing SF and PF for us and have been brilliant? the guy who filled a black hole we had at SF since Grant Hill left? A guy any NBA coach would love to have? And you want to tell me it's fair value? Sure yeah. Afflalo and Amir is fair value for LMA too.
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#13 » by NBAMAN2006 » Tue Jan 6, 2009 8:18 am

I like it, but think it would be simplier and more realistic if the deal was broken down into two seperate deals and Prince was not involved...

1) Raef, Sergio, 2nd for Kirk and filler
2) Outlaw for Maxiell and Herrmann
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#14 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jan 6, 2009 8:49 am

I don't see Portland getting prince w/o giving up one of Roy/Oden/LMA and that is something that Portland won't do, nor should do.

Prince gets little love on this board, he is damn good.

I like the Idea of getting maxiell and hinrich though.

Would Det do a Outlaw for Maxiell swap? Allows Amir to get the minutes he deserves and needs to develope.
vege
RealGM

Post#15 » by vege » Tue Jan 6, 2009 9:36 am

CB-Blazer wrote:I don't see Portland getting prince w/o giving up one of Roy/Oden/LMA and that is something that Portland won't do, nor should do.

Would Det do a Outlaw for Maxiell swap? Allows Amir to get the minutes he deserves and needs to develope.

Good. Finally someone with some sense.
Yes Detroit would do Outlaw for Maxiell. Detroit have a glut of PF and have absolutely no backup for Tay at SF. We have Dice/Amir/Max as PF. Prince and Herrmann have been playing PF too so Outlaw for Max would be perfect for Detroit.
Outlaw for Max and Herrmann would be nearly perfect for Detroit. And would be great for Portland.
Other than that i think Max extension is too much for his role tbh. Maybe other Detroit fans don't think the same way.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#16 » by CB-Blazer » Tue Jan 6, 2009 9:53 pm

vege wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:I don't see Portland getting prince w/o giving up one of Roy/Oden/LMA and that is something that Portland won't do, nor should do.

Good. Finally someone with some sense.
Yes Detroit would do Outlaw for Maxiell. Detroit have a glut of PF and have absolutely no backup for Tay at SF. We have Dice/Amir/Max as PF. Prince and Herrmann have been playing PF too so Outlaw for Max would be perfect for Detroit.
Outlaw for Max and Herrmann would be nearly perfect for Detroit. And would be great for Portland.
Other than that i think Max extension is too much for his role tbh. Maybe other Detroit fans don't think the same way.

Maxiell signed a 4 year 20 mil dollar contract. I think that is actually a pretty great deal from Portlands perspective. We need to start locking up some role players to good deals and between Webster and Maxiell, we would be at a good start.

Alot of Blazer fans want David Lee, but I honestly would rather have Maxiell. He is the banger PF that is needed on the 2nd unit. He only takes good shots which is evidenced by his 517 career fg percentage and is a dang good rebounder, which the 2nd unit lacks outside of Pryzbilla. Maxiell will also be ALOT cheaper that Lee will be and I could see Maxiell embracing the role alot better than Lee does. Then you have to take into account that we will have all of our bench/trade pieces still minus Outlaw.

Imo its a win win situation and should probally get done :D
JasonStern
RealGM
And1: 3,887

Post#17 » by JasonStern » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:39 am

+1; while we'd hate to trade fernandez, we'd gladly take a prince trade that leaves us with roy, oden, lma, batum, and bayless.
"You can't go 0-82 without starting 0-3"
- Chauncey Billups

Return to Trades and Transactions