Utah / Detroit / Portland

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Utah / Detroit / Portland 

Post#61 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:30 pm

Not really, you are being ridiculous, and I'd be more than happy to tell you why.

ONE, your over exaggerating what ONE or TWO POR fans might've said.

POR fans may overvalue their young players at time, but the sensible ones understand that a team full of all young players won't compete, and that their young players don't have nearly as much value outside of Oregon.

Your being sarcastic to mock an entire fan base, when your mocking is unfounded.

For all the griping your making for POR fans overvaluing their players, you and Warspite are doing just the same for your players.

That is why you are ridiculous, and I don't feel I acted in a unmod like way by calling you on it.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#62 » by vege » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Lol i am not the only one saying that about PDX fan base. And i haven't said that because of this thread.
A few more ppl said the same thing in this thread. Some said things worst than what i said. But yeah we are all wrong and i am ridiculous.

As for me over valuating Detroit players the last trade idea i posted in this forum was a RiP trade was a 3 teams deal and all 3 teams were ok with the trade. I think the value should be at very least ok if i got that kind of response.
It was RiP for Crash for Det. Andre and Dally for RiP Nazr and Felton for Philly and Crash Felton and Nazr for Andre and Dally for Charlotte. It was before Diop deal.

I discussed in Tor board a Bosh/Det deal and seems to be reasonable. It wasn't my idea but after my opnion became JO + CB4 + Moon for AI + Tay + Max + Amir.

I am just being sarcastic with (Please Use More Appropriate Word) ideas when the OP is stupid enough to not admit his idea is a joke. And i insist. RiP and Max for that package is a worst deal than Oden for RiP and Max would be. Because that package have 0 value. RiP and Max have some value. RiP could have been 2004 finals MVP he is 3 times all star and is playing for a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) head coach. The whole team is doing crap not only RiP but ppl bash RiP's value close to 0 here in this board.

RiP PER bull is low? What about AI PER bull? what about Sheed PER bull?
The team is broken because they have no head coach. And ppl keep doing arguments that RiP is done. Without watch Detroit games.

Oh yeah but i am ridiculous. Sorry sir.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#63 » by Prospect Dong » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:50 pm

My quick review of draft express indicates that, while the pistons might have 4(!!) picks next draft, three of them are second rounders. That makes all the "we totally have heaps of picks to rebuild!!" feel like you're trying a bit too hard.

I think the original trade is pretty fair value for all three teams, though there may be issues with team needs/direction. I'd imagine Portland could throw in a heavily protected first (so Detroit would have, like, 5 picks!!!) or a second-tier prospect to seal the deal...
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#64 » by CB-Blazer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 pm

vege wrote:Lol i am not the only one saying that about PDX fan base. And i haven't said that because of this thread.
A few more ppl said the same thing in this thread. Some said things worst than what i said. But yeah we are all wrong and i am ridiculous.

As for me over valuating Detroit players the last trade idea i posted in this forum was a RiP trade was a 3 teams deal and all 3 teams were ok with the trade. I think the value should be at very least ok if i got that kind of response.
It was RiP for Crash for Det. Andre and Dally for RiP Nazr and Felton for Philly and Crash Felton and Nazr for Andre and Dally for Charlotte. It was before Diop deal.

I discussed in Tor board a Bosh/Det deal and seems to be reasonable. It wasn't my idea but after my opnion became JO + CB4 + Moon for AI + Tay + Max + Amir.

I am just being sarcastic with (Please Use More Appropriate Word) ideas when the OP is stupid enough to not admit his idea is a joke. And i insist. RiP and Max for that package is a worst deal than Oden for RiP and Max would be. Because that package have 0 value. RiP and Max have some value. RiP could have been 2004 finals MVP he is 3 times all star and is playing for a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) head coach. The whole team is doing crap not only RiP but ppl bash RiP's value close to 0 here in this board.

RiP PER bull is low? What about AI PER bull? what about Sheed PER bull?
The team is broken because they have no head coach. And ppl keep doing arguments that RiP is done. Without watch Detroit games.

Oh yeah but i am ridiculous. Sorry sir.

Should you really be calling people and their trades retarted if you keep insisting that a package of Webster/Bayless/Raefs 12 mil expiring has "0 value"?

You say that you don't over rate the value of your players because you have had a few sucessful trades, as does Farzi, the OP you keep harshly attacking so by your same logic doesn't it mean that he doesn't over value Portlands players also?

No one in this thread has said RIP value is remotely close to 0, again you are over exaggerating and acting like a drama queen.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#65 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:10 pm

vege wrote:Lol i am not the only one saying that about PDX fan base. And i haven't said that because of this thread.

Well when I see those other people saying worst things than you, I'll call them on it too.

I never said your always ridiculous, you were just being ridiculous in this thread.

What does that have to do with the relative trade value of Richard Hamilton?

And i insist. RiP and Max for that package is a worst deal than Oden for RiP and Max would be.

I disagree

Because that package have 0 value.

No, it really doesn't
vege
RealGM

Post#66 » by vege » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:26 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:

What does that have to do with the relative trade value of Richard Hamilton?

You said i over valuate Detroit players value and make fun of PDX for over valuating their NCAA players. It have to do with how i value Detroit players.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#67 » by old rem » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Warspite wrote:We go from Rip for LA to this boondoggle???

You cant make a legit trade with Blazer fans. They think they have 7 allstars on there team. If you go to the Blazer board and compare there team with the 64 Celtics (6HoFers) and do the comparison by position Blazer fans would tell you they have the better player at every position. I would bet they would rather have Bayless/Roy over Porter/Drexler.

If anything I believe the Blazers lack role players and defenders. Oden will never be the dominate player most people think we was going to be because hes the 5th option on the team. They need a Charles Oakley/Dennis Rodman/Derrick Mckey type player not a 20ppg SG.

I've noticed that. The sum total of what the Blazers have-projects very well,but there is a tendency to over-rate some of the various parts.

The Piston fans also over hype guys like Amir who's barely a rotation guy on most teams.

AK.....well...talk about overpaid+overrated. WHEN HE"S ON...real diverse impact guy. Problem is that there's some big gaps where he's NOT on and times when he's just drifting
CENSORED... No comment.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#68 » by princeofpalace » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:34 pm

old rem wrote:

You cant make a legit trade with Blazer fans. They think they have 7 allstars on there team. If you go to the Blazer board and compare there team with the 64 Celtics (6HoFers) and do the comparison by position Blazer fans would tell you they have the better player at every position. I would bet they would rather have Bayless/Roy over Porter/Drexler.

If anything I believe the Blazers lack role players and defenders. Oden will never be the dominate player most people think we was going to be because hes the 5th option on the team. They need a Charles Oakley/Dennis Rodman/Derrick Mckey type player not a 20ppg SG.

I've noticed that. The sum total of what the Blazers have-projects very well,but there is a tendency to over-rate some of the various parts.

The Piston fans also over hype guys like Amir who's barely a rotation guy on most teams.

AK.....well...talk about overpaid+overrated. WHEN HE"S ON...real diverse impact guy. Problem is that there's some big gaps where he's NOT on and times when he's just drifting

Its not about overhyping Amir, its about to Detroit- a young athletic PF who also happens to be their starter is far more important to them than an undersized SG. They have guards, they don't have bigs, its that simple.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#69 » by CB-Blazer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:39 pm

princeofpalace wrote:
old rem wrote:

Its not about overhyping Amir, its about to Detroit- a young athletic PF who also happens to be their starter is far more important to them than an undersized SG. They have guards, they don't have bigs, its that simple.

Is bayless not a Young athletic PG who happens to be their future starter? You get off calling Bayless undersized, but Amir is 6'9 210, not big by any means for a PF.
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#70 » by princeofpalace » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
princeofpalace wrote:
old rem wrote:

Is bayless not a Young athletic PG who happens to be their future starter? You get off calling Bayless undersized, but Amir is 6'9 210, not big by any means for a PF.

Amir is actually 6'11'' 240. Bayless would not be Detroits starting point guard and I havent seen enough from him to suggest the has enough court vision so for Detroit Bayless would be an undersized SG. End of discussion.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#71 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 am

NBA.com and espn.com have him listed at 6'9 and draft express has him listed at 6'10, out of curosity where do you get your 6'11?

As to Bayless, he is a PG, just because Detroit would play him at SG doesn't mean that he cannot play PG. His court vision is actually good for a rookie, he just needs to be more on spot with his passes.

Bayless is playing PG for Portland and 6'3 210 which is hardly "undersized" for a PG.

End of Discussion
princeofpalace
RealGM

Post#72 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:12 am

CB-Blazer wrote:NBA.com and espn.com have him listed at 6'9 and draft express has him listed at 6'10, out of curosity where do you get your 6'11?

As to Bayless, he is a PG, just because Detroit would play him at SG doesn't mean that he cannot play PG. His court vision is actually good for a rookie, he just needs to be more on spot with his passes.

Bayless is playing PG for Portland and 6'3 210 which is hardly "undersized" for a PG.

End of Discussion

NBA and ESPN list players height and weight based on when they entered the league. Amir Johnson grew 2 inches since he was drafted and added muscle, this information was provded on both Pistons.com and Detroitnews. I'm not sure how DX comes up with their numbers, they have Rasheed at 6'10- 225.

I am not high on Bayless and he doesnt adress any of Detroits needs; which is why Detroit rejects this deal without question.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#73 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 am

princeofpalace wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:NBA.com and espn.com have him listed at 6'9 and draft express has him listed at 6'10, out of curosity where do you get your 6'11?

End of Discussion

NBA and ESPN list players height and weight based on when they entered the league. Amir Johnson grew 2 inches since he was drafted and added muscle, this information was provded on both Pistons.com and Detroitnews. I'm not sure how DX comes up with their numbers, they have Rasheed at 6'10- 225.

Well thanks for the tidbit on Amir. I wasn't trying to argue with you because he came in out of high school and its completely realistic that he grew and added weight since he joined the league.

I wasn't trying to talk you into the trade, I don't like it either. I was just trying to shed some insight on Bayless since I have seen every minute of his pro career.

I am not high on Bayless and he doesnt adress any of Detroits needs; which is why Detroit rejects this deal without question.
HeroicKennedy
General Manager
And1: 134

Post#74 » by HeroicKennedy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am

End of Discussion

You need to understand something: Stuckey is our PG. He is not going to play SG. The Pistons generally like bigger backcourts, despite our current situation. It doesn't make sense to bring in Bayless when he have two players that compliment Stuckey very well as is (Hamilton and Afflalo).

You keep saying that you're not trying to agree with this trade, yet you keep trying to justify it. If you really didn't thing we should do this deal, you wouldn't argue every single point.

You claimed Rip isn't the player he once was, yet all evidence points against it.
IPC075009
Junior
And1: 0

Post#75 » by IPC075009 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:28 am

vege wrote:
VintaGe36 wrote:
vege wrote:HK don't waste your time. Detroit Should Trade RiP/Stuckey/Tay/Amir for Portland scrubs. Because portland scrubs are worth a loooooooooootttttttttttttttt more than Detroit starters. So we should make the deal and say thank you very much sir for the chance to get this future HoFers for our crap starters.

Your ridiculous.

Yes man i am sorry.
This is a fantastic trade. RiP for Outlaw. Don't need to add bayless and Raef. Detroit toss in a 1st too.
There are 4 pages over a beyond terrible trade and i am the one who is ridiculous. Nice attitude for a Forum Mod.
If it was me calling you ridiculous i would be anally scolded here.

Wow!!! The best way to state an argument is to make more outrageous statements.
And on top of that, critique a mod.

As for the four pages, which is five now, you have been a part of them just as much as anyone else. And if you are saying portland has homer fans, look at how big of a homer you are being towards the detroit team. You are being very ridiculous and extremely counter-productive

All I am going to say is that Rip is no Reggie Miller. Rip isnt even the best on his team, while Reggie was constantly carrying his team. Rip may have a similar style, but those two are on totally different levels.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#76 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:31 am

HeroicKennedy wrote:

End of Discussion

You need to understand something: Stuckey is our PG. He is not going to play SG. The Pistons generally like bigger backcourts, despite our current situation. It doesn't make sense to bring in Bayless when he have two players that compliment Stuckey very well as is (Hamilton and Afflalo).

You keep saying that you're not trying to agree with this trade, yet you keep trying to justify it. If you really didn't thing we should do this deal, you wouldn't argue every single point.

You claimed Rip isn't the player he once was, yet all evidence points against it.

I'm not agreeing with the trade and I'm not arguing for it. How am I trying to justify it? Because I responded to someone saying that Bayless is an undersized SG? Just because I say the value is there does not mean that I believe the fit is.

Where was I arguing the fact that where Bayless would play for the Pistons? I was just simply responding to the fact that Bayless actually isn't an undersized shooting guard.

I admitted that the effects of this season probably has taken a larger toll on Rip than I have given credit too. Big whoop, atleast I can admit when I am wrong about something. We'll see next year when RIP reclaims his starting position.

He hasn't seemed as fluid in his movement and his shooting has been down(from last year), but like you said, it could be contributed to injury/change of position/line-up or other things, but then again it could be because he is losing a step. We will see next year
vege
RealGM

Post#77 » by vege » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:33 am

IPC075009 wrote:Wow!!! The best way to state an argument is to make more outrageous statements.
And on top of that, critique a mod.

As for the four pages, which is five now, you have been a part of them just as much as anyone else. And if you are saying portland has homer fans, look at how big of a homer you are being towards the detroit team. You are being very ridiculous and extremely counter-productive

All I am going to say is that Rip is no Reggie Miller. Rip isnt even the best on his team, while Reggie was constantly carrying his team. Rip may have a similar style, but those two are on totally different levels.

I don't know why i am replying to this but i can't stop laughing.

Ok so we are not allowed to make critics at the Mods. They are gods. When they write something we must lower our head and accept. Amen. Else we will be ridiculous.

I have been part of it throwing in arguments on how ridiculous it is.

I think you might be drunk. I never mentioned Reggie Miller. HK did. But you have an awesome argument. RiP isn't Reggie Miller because he is not the best on his team. Bravo. Reggie Miller was Reggie Miller because he never played with Michael Jordan. Else he wouldn't be the best player on his team. Doesn't matter the fact he would have 10 tittles he would be a scrub. BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T BE THE BEST PLAYER ON HIS TEAM.

Really i am lmao.

Return to Trades and Transactions