Sac/Wash/Tor....Draft night deal...idea from SportsFan215

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Re: Sac/Wash/Tor....Draft night deal...idea from SportsFan215 

Post#21 » by perezident » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:16 am

WashWiz54 wrote:
perezident wrote:And for washington fans, you've got to be kidding me right???? Haywood,Etan,Javaris+#3 for #1+Garcia and Kenny. Basically trading 2 stiffs with terrible contracts for the #1 and Garcia. At least with this deal you still have your valued assets in Blatche McGee Young etc This deal provides a young core and still are able to compete at a high level in the east when everyone's healthy. I mean come on you guys would be getting Blake Griffin! And if every doesn't work a lineup of McGee/Blake/McGuire/Cisco/Young for the future is very promising and for what expense...the likes of Haywood and Etan?? Give me a break

Stop talking. Etan, yes a stiff, but Haywood is a damn good center on a damn good contract. Then again how would you know that? You called him Brandon in your original post, it's Brendan.

Haywood is a damn good center?? Bro Haywood<Dampier, Kaman, Big Z, Biedrins, Nene. And they are centers in his very own class, and he doesnt even finish top 10 in those class of guys. He's on par with Big Ben and Foster.

He's not even better than Brook Lopez...or even...Spencer Hawes
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#22 » by nate33 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:17 am

perezident wrote:Haywood is a damn good center?? Bro Haywood<Dampier, Kaman, Big Z, Biedrins, Nene. And they are centers in his very own class, and he doesnt even finish top 10 in those class of guys. He's on par with Big Ben and Foster.

He's not even better than Brook Lopez...or even...Spencer Hawes

You have no idea what you are talking about.
gloriousthree
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by gloriousthree » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:39 am

I'd guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

How about we try something more productive like throwing in a counteroffer.
Greasenani FTW!!
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#24 » by rpa » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:10 am

KM44 wrote:glorious three has a solid point here. I would swap JT for Greene and add Hou 1st. Kings would only do this though if bosh would resign, which he wouldn't, which would ruin the whole trade.

Too much for Bosh. I like him but giving up the 1st pick in the draft, a mid-late 1st, AND a solid prospect is just way too much. Especially when you consider that those pieces are going to be locked up on reasonable contracts for 3--4 more years vs. Bosh @ $18-20mil/year.
cb4_89
RealGM
And1: 517

Post#25 » by cb4_89 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:52 am

WOW. Bosh and the 8th pick to move up 5 spots? Worst deal ever. Boshs value is number 1 overall pick alone for him. Nothing less. Now if you don't agree stop making these offers
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#26 » by giberish » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

An extended Bosh has, at worst, equal trade value with Blake Griffen.

Something like Bosh for Griffen, Thomas (EC salary filler), and Garcia (somewhat redundant on Sac, but a wing upgrade for Tor) looks a lot more reasonable. I don't really see the point of sticking Washington in there.

Sacramento still has PG issues, but maybe Lawson or someone falls to the Houston pick - or else they move Thompson for a PG upgrade in another deal.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#27 » by deNIEd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:27 pm

giberish wrote:An extended Bosh has, at worst, equal trade value with Blake Griffen.

Something like Bosh for Griffen, Thomas (EC salary filler), and Garcia (somewhat redundant on Sac, but a wing upgrade for Tor) looks a lot more reasonable. I don't really see the point of sticking Washington in there.

Sacramento still has PG issues, but maybe Lawson or someone falls to the Houston pick - or else they move Thompson for a PG upgrade in another deal.

This is just Washington trying to force themselves into a trade using minimal pieces.

If we are talking about an extended Bosh...
Bosh for #1, Garcia, Kenny
would work well for both teams.

Washington is just being greedy here

Return to Trades and Transactions