Raptors/Bulls (Gordon to TO, S&T)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Raptors/Bulls (Gordon to TO, S&T) 

Post#1 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:58 am

Raptors Trade:
Kris Humphries $2, 900, 000
Patrick O'Bryant $1,500,000 (855, 000 guaranteed)
2009 Lottery 1st(8th overall) $2,403,120 (Joe Alexanders salary this year)
= 6, 803, 120 X 1.25+100, 000
= 8, 603,900

For

Bulls Trade:
S&T Ben Gordon 8.5 million (BYC $6,404,750)

So as you can see this deal works under the CBA, it satisfies the 125% rule and also works in the S&T. Since Gordon would be BYC its 50% of his new salary or previous one, whichever is more and that would be his current salary so you use that. He can not sign until i believe july 15 but talk to people on July 1st, the raptors can sign the pick and trade it to the bulls so they stay under the luxury tax and gain a lottery pick and two young big men.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Raptors Offseason:
- Sign Rasho/Delfino (Split MLE)
- Resign Pops
- Buy late pick draft Tyler Hansbrough
- Resign Graham

Lineup:
Calderon/Roko/Banks
Gordon/Delfino/Kapono
Marion/Graham
Bosh/Pops/Hansbrough
Bargnani/Rasho/Jawai

Delfino can start the game for defensive purposes and then Gordon finishes the game much like in Dallas with Terry but Gordon is not bad defensively as so many people make him out to be. He is decent not great but decent certainly no different than Parker now. He adds more scoring and can create off the bounce and score at will and score in crunch time. It gives us an added edge and takes the pressure off bosh. Good depth, good rebounding off the bench and Hansbrough replaces humphris.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Bulls:

Stay under the tax with this deal and replace Gordon with a lottery pick and two pick men. If they sign gordon they will have to pay huge luxury tax debts so heres their lineup:

Lineup:
Rose/Hinrich
Salmons/Henderson(8th Pick)/Roberson
Deng/Clarke(Bulls pick)/Thomas
Thomas/Hump/James
Miller/Noah/POB

They should try to deal Hinrich+Thomas and get something of value back to fill out their depth but would have a good young bench that could potentially be something. They replace Gordon with Henderson and get a bunch of young talent. Signing Gordon would put them way into luxury tax and this way they stay at it and wouldnt need to add anyone really because they would be pretty set.
Although people criticize Gordons defense

Opponents are only having a 15 PER against him while Salmons is letting opponents have a 15 PER against him with 20 points while Gordon is at 21.

Parker is at a 17 PER and 21 points so you can see Gordon would be the same but better on offense for the raptors. Also gives them someone to give the ball to in the clutch. Although he is a jump shooter he fits with the raptors because he can break people down and would flourish if teams come with double teams to Bosh or Bargnani. Marion guards the opponents best player and we improve our depth which is key and i think are a serious threat next year
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Re: Raptors/Bulls (Gordon to TO, S&T) 

Post#2 » by Leto » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 am

I like the trade for the Bulls except that puts them into lux tax. Besides, I think the Raps are under the cap in the summer so you could just make Gordon an offer.
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#3 » by Silk Wilkes » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:21 am

^^^That's exactly right and I don't think there's a way the Raps are giving up their pick to get Gordon when they may want to package it to move up and snatch Rubio if he declares.
Realm_G
Senior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Realm_G » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 am

Terrible backcourt defensively for Toronto, especially for Gordon at that price.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#5 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 am

I forgot to add in the suspected drop in tax and we could not resign Marion and sign Gordon this deal gives us no downgrade on defense as I showed you and you still say horrible defensive back court prove me wrong with stats I've provided reasons why it wouldn't now show me I'm wrong or don't comment.

Bulls would be in tax but not as drastic as signing Gordon up right also the pick would not have the impact of Gordon to make bosh stay and push us into the playoffs we get better depth better starting 5 under Messina also everyone I believe would be better defensively
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
swirsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#6 » by swirsk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:22 am

Why not just draft Willie Warren at 8?
formerly known as Swirsky4PM
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#7 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:01 am

willie Warren will not ever have the ability to score like Gordon does with ease. His per 48 in clutch time is 37 points which is amazing. He gives us that scoring and is no worse on defense than anthony parker. He could be a 6th man and warren will take a while to develop, you hope warren becomes what ben is now but he couldnt so this way you get the sure fire thing to please bosh. He gets his wing player that can help him win now and we become a overall better team.
TheGallopingSweetness
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Post#8 » by TheGallopingSweetness » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:40 am

It's that time of year again. Time to bust out this old gem.

The draft occurs before free agency, so unless Toronto is willing to draft who the Bulls want on the faint hope of a S&T of an UFA, it's extremely difficult to include picks in a sign and trade.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#9 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Rapsobsessed7, I havent really agreeed with most of your trades thus far for Raps, maybe its because I'd like to take toronto in a different direction, and not the same old rinse and return cycle

-It just plain bad to give up our 1st round selection in this deal.
-I highly doubt we buy draft picks also
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#10 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Duke the 1st rounder i think will be later than 8th which is why this deal makes sense. We have one of the easier schedules and also we have a lot of home games. Someone on our board said it but playoffs arnt that far out of reach. I think if the pick was 10-15 the deal becomes much more fair for both clubs.

Earl Clarke $1,623,720 (15h pick)
= 6, 023, 720 X1.25+100, 000

For

S&T Gordon (7.5 million)

He wont get more than that in the open market so i think its more than reasonable. Would the bulls still do that deal?
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#11 » by treis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:43 pm

The Bulls won't go into the luxury tax. This deal costs them ~12 million when you count salary, tax payments, and not getting reimbursed for being under the tax. Plus, Humphies (IIRC) is signed for the year after next as well and is not needed. This is an easy pass for the Bulls.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:44 pm

even if the pick is late lotto... I wouldnt put the pick on the table for Ben Gorden
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by bcortell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Duke the 1st rounder i think will be later than 8th which is why this deal makes sense. We have one of the easier schedules and also we have a lot of home games. Someone on our board said it but playoffs arnt that far out of reach. I think if the pick was 10-15 the deal becomes much more fair for both clubs.

Earl Clarke $1,623,720 (15h pick)
= 6, 023, 720 X1.25+100, 000

For

S&T Gordon (7.5 million)

He wont get more than that in the open market so i think its more than reasonable. Would the bulls still do that deal?

If you think the pick will be later than number 8, why are you trying to sell this trade as if you guys got the 8th pick? As mentioned before, the draft occurs before FA, so the Bulls will know what pick you have.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#14 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Can the Raps even trade their first round pick this year? Isn't there a rule about trading firsts in consecutive years?
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by The Duke » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:45 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:Can the Raps even trade their first round pick this year? Isn't there a rule about trading firsts in consecutive years?

You can get around that rule by trading the player you draft (after the draft) .. teams can agree in principle (and X team tells Y team who to draft)

Return to Trades and Transactions