Bucks Rebuilding Plan V. 4 (LAC/DAL/NY/OKC/NOH)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Bucks Rebuilding Plan V. 4 (LAC/DAL/NY/OKC/NOH) 

Post#1 » by eitanr » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:43 pm

Here it is...the much anticipated 4th attempt to rebuild the troublesome Milwuakee Bucks. Lets just skip the intro and go right to the deals...first with the original one.

Trade 1: (LAC, DAL, CLE, NY, NOH)
Clippers Give: Zach Randolph, Marcus Camby, Ricky Davis, Brian Skinner
Recieve: Richard Jefferson and Michael Redd

Mavs Give: Jerry Stackhouse and Jason Terry
Recieve: Zach Randolph and Fransico Elson

Cavs Give: Ben Wallace
Recieve: Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse

Knicks Give: Jarred Jeffries, Eddy Curry, '09 1st Rd Pick
Recieve: Ben Wallace and Ricky Davis

Hornets Give: Tyson Chandler
Recieve: Marcus Camby and Brian Skinner

Bucks Give: Richard Jefferson, Michael Redd, Fransico Elson
Recieve: Tyson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, '09 1st Rounder

Why for Clippers: If LAC drafts a big with their number one pick (Griffin, Monroe, or Hill...which is very likely), they may want to unload Z-Bo in hopes of giving that big more minutes. Unloading Camby in this deal also increases the potential minutes for DeAndre Jordan. The Clippers have a much more competitive team for '10 and are still able to play their potentials.

Why for Dallas: The Mavs should be a likely 1st Rd exit and need to make a big splash next off-season if they want to see their chances of advancing in the post season increase. Kidd may bolt to Cleveland which leaves several questions at the PG spot. JJ Barea could be the man there or possibly AI. Regardless a major weakness Dallas has always had is a lack of a true inside scorer. The Jet has been nice for them, but an inside scorer alongside Nowitzki has been a true need for some time. Insert Z-Bo and the Mavs have that inside presence and a chance to truly do some damage out West.

Why for Cleveland: The Cavs gain another sharp shooter alongside Mo Williams in the Cavs' backcourt. Terry has shown a knack of being a lethal outside shooter which may be enough alongside LeBron to win several titles in Cleveland and keep Bron from bolting.

Why for NY: As previously discussed in other Bucks' rebuilding plans, the Knicks gain the ability to re-sign both Lee and Nate Rob and 2 MAX players in 2010.

Why for NOH: They get a clean expiring for Chandler's deal. Also, Camby is a legit presence who can propel the Hornets, in the short term, to advanced rounds in the playoffs.

Why for Milwuakee: The Bucks essentially open up more room for their youth to develop and gain an extra pick in the draft.

Deal 2: OKC
Andrew Bogut and Charlie Bell for OKC's first rounder and Chucky Atkins

Why all for Milwuakee: They gain lotto picks and open up roster minutes for their youth. They also now have the ability to re-sign both Charlie V and Sessions.

Draft: (G. Monroe, D. DeRozen, and T. Evans)
PF C. Villeneuava/ G. Monroe
SF J. Alexander/ L. Moubte A boute/ J. Jeffries
C T. Chandler/ D. Gadzuric/ E. Curry
SG D. DeRozen/ T. Evans
PG R. Sessions/ L. Ridnour
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Re: Bucks Rebuilding Plan V. 4 (LAC/DAL/NY/OKC/NOH) 

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:48 pm

Dallas hates that. Wouldn't do the second deal. New York can't trade their 1st and don't like it for the Bucks anyways.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#3 » by eitanr » Mon Apr 6, 2009 3:57 pm

trw17,

You liked the previous plan which pretty much had the Bucks give up the same players and get back the same players minus Martel Webster. How is this one much different?

I heard NYK can deal their pick on draft night only. If not then a 5th version needs to be posted.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 4:30 pm

I looked at it further. Chandler isn't as good as Bogut. And we're taking on some of the worst contracts in the NBA (Curry and Jeffries) and really not saving any money. The money saving comes from trading Bogut, which is the last thing the Bucks want to do.

I'm not saying Redd and Jefferson have these great contracts that everybody wants, but if they're healthy, they're going to be a hell of a lot more valuable than Curry and Jeffries.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#5 » by eitanr » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:05 pm

The whole point of taking on Curry and JJ is to net that 9th pick of the draft. I believe that it is in Milwaukee's bets interest to unload cap and/or players on their roster to net as many lotto picks as possible.

It may not be worth it though to take on Curry and JJ just to net the 9th pick. If that's the case then MIL can just get Ben Wallace back in this deal and everything will be okay.

As for the Bogut deal as a seperate one....I believe Milwuakee is better suited taking a chance on top teir draft pick, i.e. young PF and signing both Sessions and Charlie V, then keeping Bogut and risking losing both of their prized FAs.

WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#6 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:15 pm

Why would the clips give up 2 front court players for Redd and RJ
Redd would block gordan
RJ would block thortan

Cavs would be nuts to take on Terry's deal, they could get more at the trade deadline

Knicks take it and run

Horents say no, doesn't cut enough cap

Bucks say no to both, why trade bogut?

it would appear the thunder take the deal and run
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#7 » by JES12 » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:29 pm

Why would Cleveland add unneccessary salary to pair Terry with MoWilliams & Gibson?

And Dallas does not do Zack for the same reason (Dirk & Bass)
eitanr
General Manager

Post#8 » by eitanr » Mon Apr 6, 2009 5:42 pm

Does OKC do the Bogut deal IF they take on Bell and Gadz' contracts as well?

Return to Trades and Transactions