Finding Beno Udrih a new home...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,499

Re: Finding Beno Udrih a new home... 

Post#41 » by pillwenney » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:33 am

Personally, well I guess it depends on our situation. But particularly if we don't end up with Rubio, I won't be nearly as desperate to trade Beno as some others--and that's even assuming we get a PG with one of our later picks. I think he could become much closer to being worth his contract. His assist/TO got much better after the trades, moving from putrid to a very respectable 3/1ish area. More than anything, I just feel that now is a bad time to try to trade him. I think he has had his worst year in Sac (unless of course we get somebody that will start over him), and his contract will only get shorter. And I think in the right situation, he'll be very capable of playing up to his contract.

Not to mention that another Jameer Nelson-type situation is bound to present itself at some point over the next couple of years.
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#42 » by amb1ent » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 am

mitchweber wrote:
Not to mention that another Jameer Nelson-type situation is bound to present itself at some point over the next couple of years.

"eventually, luke walton will live up to his heritage and blossom into an all-star caliber point forward."
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by pillwenney » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:30 am

amb1ent wrote:
mitchweber wrote:

"eventually, luke walton will live up to his heritage and blossom into an all-star caliber point forward."

Not really responding to that specific part of the post but whatever.

I'm not saying that Beno will be an all-star, just that in the right situation, I think he could live up to his contract.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#44 » by Hassassin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:31 am

Smills91 wrote:TO fans?

Beno for Kapono straight swap?

I wouldn't actually be surprised if a deal like that went down. Colangelo went on the radio the other day saying that the Raptors need a backup PG for Jose. Maybe add in the 23rd pick as a sweetner? Colangelo did say that he wanted another pick in the draft.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#45 » by Bac2Basics » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:24 am

Udrih for Kapono is the closest thing to anything that makes any sense for Sacramento to consider in this entire thread, but even that isn't too impressive for either side. Adding the Houston pick however is laughable for the Kings if all they're getting back is Kapono.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:55 am

Sixers trade:
SG/PG Louis Williams
C Samuel Dalembert

Kings trade:
PG Beno Udrih
SF Andres Nocioni.

The Kings get a Beno replacement in Louis Williams, not exactly a 1. Nor at 6'2 the perfect 2. But regardless of where the Kings slide him, he'll score the basketball. That's one thing they need. Scoring. But they also need defense. Whether or not Hawes is the future C is unclear. And some King fans may argue that by acquiring Dalembert, they hinder his development. But sometimes Daly gets in foul trouble. So Hawes could still be averaging 20-25 MPG per game, which is good for a young player.

Dalembert's block shots and rebounds allows the young feisty kings to continue to score the ball and play a bit better defense and allow them to do better then 1-31 against the Eastern Conference.

So the Kings cut salary and get a major upgrade in the front court and scoring departments. In exchange for a prospect PG and shooting.

Indeed, the Sixers part ways with Dalembert to acquire Udrih. A player whom at 6'3 is not a bad defensive player for his position. And at 46 percent shooting, brings an Andre Miller-ish quality to the table. Nocioni too, known for his toughness and shooting is welcomed into a Philadelphia team that lacks the outside punch to be considered a threat.

So for the Kings:

-Get a shotblocking C that can rebound when motivated and stays out of foul trouble. But either way, Hawes gets significant time

- A Future 6th man in Louis Williams

For the Sixers:
-A Prospect PG that costs relatively little, and could possibly run the team next year'
-A Back-up swingman that can play heavy minutes if called upon and can shoot.

With the 17th pick, the Sixers select developmental PG Jonny Flynn.

In FA, We'll sign Chris Anderson to the MLE.

Roster:
Beno Udrih/Jonny Flynn/Beno Udrih
Andre Iguodala/Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/Andres Nocioni/Donyell Marshall
Elton Brand/Thaddeus Young/Marreese Speights
Marresse Speights/Chris Anderson/Theo Ratliff
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#47 » by amb1ent » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:32 am

mitchweber wrote:
amb1ent wrote:
mitchweber wrote:

Not really responding to that specific part of the post but whatever.

I'm not saying that Beno will be an all-star, just that in the right situation, I think he could live up to his contract.

okay, cross out "all-star caliber" and scribble in "legit starting"

both are equally farfetched
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by pillwenney » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

amb1ent wrote:
okay, cross out "all-star caliber" and scribble in "legit starting"

both are equally farfetched

Beno can easily be a 13/6 guy. Again, not amazing, but on a team with talent at other positions, I'd easily call that "legit starting"--especially when you consider that guys like Rondo, Fisher and J-Will have been starting PGs on championship teams over the years, with regular season stat lines like 11/4/5, 11/2/3, and 12/2/5.
spidythejoe
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#49 » by spidythejoe » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:Sixers trade:
SG/PG Louis Williams
C Samuel Dalembert

Kings trade:
PG Beno Udrih
SF Andres Nocioni.

The Kings get a Beno replacement in Louis Williams, not exactly a 1. Nor at 6'2 the perfect 2. But regardless of where the Kings slide him, he'll score the basketball. That's one thing they need. Scoring. But they also need defense. Whether or not Hawes is the future C is unclear. And some King fans may argue that by acquiring Dalembert, they hinder his development. But sometimes Daly gets in foul trouble. So Hawes could still be averaging 20-25 MPG per game, which is good for a young player.

Dalembert's block shots and rebounds allows the young feisty kings to continue to score the ball and play a bit better defense and allow them to do better then 1-31 against the Eastern Conference.

So the Kings cut salary and get a major upgrade in the front court and scoring departments. In exchange for a prospect PG and shooting.

Indeed, the Sixers part ways with Dalembert to acquire Udrih. A player whom at 6'3 is not a bad defensive player for his position. And at 46 percent shooting, brings an Andre Miller-ish quality to the table. Nocioni too, known for his toughness and shooting is welcomed into a Philadelphia team that lacks the outside punch to be considered a threat.

So for the Kings:

-Get a shotblocking C that can rebound when motivated and stays out of foul trouble. But either way, Hawes gets significant time

- A Future 6th man in Louis Williams

For the Sixers:
-A Prospect PG that costs relatively little, and could possibly run the team next year'
-A Back-up swingman that can play heavy minutes if called upon and can shoot.

With the 17th pick, the Sixers select developmental PG Jonny Flynn.

In FA, We'll sign Chris Anderson to the MLE.

Roster:
Beno Udrih/Jonny Flynn/Beno Udrih
Andre Iguodala/Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/Andres Nocioni/Donyell Marshall
Elton Brand/Thaddeus Young/Marreese Speights
Marresse Speights/Chris Anderson/Theo Ratliff

I like this trade a lot. Beno and Noc give some badly needed shooting. Kings get defensive upgrade and finally get their Bobby Jackson coming off the bench. A big man rotation of Hawes, Dally and Thompson addresses a lot of weaknesses. Dally can play in the same front court with Hawes or Thomspon.

For Philly Nocioni can back up the 3 and play the 4 in smaller line ups. He should be able to get his shooting percentages back up this year now that he can be a third or fourth option on offense will playing his normally infuriating defense.

A solid effort.

Return to Trades and Transactions