Det/Chi/Tor

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Det/Chi/Tor 

Post#1 » by vege » Sat May 9, 2009 9:05 pm

Posted it in another thread and a guy loled so...

Detroit Out: RiP + Prince + Max
Detroit In: Bosh + Banks + Deng

Chicago Out: Deng
Chicago In: Kris Humphries + a insane TPE

Toronto Out: Bosh + Banks + Kris Humphries
Toronto In: RiP + Prince + Max

Detroit gets their #1 option and a young replacement for Prince and rebuild around Stuckey + Deng + Bosh. They would still have some good amount of capspace to fill the rooster.

Chicago gets out of Dengs contract and get immediate cap relief to sign Gordon and stay under the Luxury Tax. They get a 7-8 millions TPE that might be very valuable considering very few teams have that amount in raw capspace so they might be able to pull a steal with that TPE with so many teams in crap financial situation.

Toronto gets 2 great wingers and a young PF to replace Bosh and add to Bargs and Calderon core. They also unload Banks terrible contract.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Re: Det/Chi/Tor 

Post#2 » by RTM » Sat May 9, 2009 9:25 pm

Chicago should be able to get much more than this for Deng. I'm also not sure it's enough for TOR (they'd want Deng for themselves I would imagine. Picks would also have to their way.)

Obviously, it's a dream for DET. We'd still have cap for either Ben Gordon or to trade for another big.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#3 » by CB-Blazer » Sat May 9, 2009 9:30 pm

I don't see Chicago giving up Deng for capspace quite yet.....

And you aren't going to get Bosh/Deng for Rip/Prince/Max....
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#4 » by princeofpalace » Sat May 9, 2009 9:51 pm

I think Chicago could probably get Bosh for Deng/Gordon- I don't think those two are as good as Rip/Tay but they are younger and I think the Raps would be more interested because of that
vege
RealGM

Post#5 » by vege » Sat May 9, 2009 10:02 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:I don't see Chicago giving up Deng for capspace quite yet.....

Yes but for RiP/Prince/Max/Raw Cap Space + Banks salary dump it's a different story.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#6 » by CB-Blazer » Sat May 9, 2009 10:04 pm

vege wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:I don't see Chicago giving up Deng for capspace quite yet.....

Yes but for RiP/Prince/Max/Raw Cap Space + Banks salary dump it's a different story.

Why would Toronto take on Rip though?

Calderon
Rip
Prince
Maxiell
Bargs

isn't any better than what they had before........

It also doesn't change the fact that Chicago is giving away Deng for less than pure capspace.......

DET needs to add more value, plain and simple

EDIT: They could resign Marion and trade for Maggette and put together a better team........
vege
RealGM

Post#7 » by vege » Sat May 9, 2009 10:05 pm

RTM wrote:Chicago should be able to get much more than this for Deng. I'm also not sure it's enough for TOR (they'd want Deng for themselves I would imagine. Picks would also have to their way.)

Obviously, it's a dream for DET. We'd still have cap for either Ben Gordon or to trade for another big.

A lot of people seems to believe Deng for expirings should be a great deal for Chicago, so i have to believe Deng for capspace and a TPE is a hell lot better.

Salmons played great for them, i don't see Chicago paying all that money for Deng and probably resulting in the luxury tax.

But yes, Chicago could put an offer around Deng maybe Ben and TT for Bosh. Not sure if Toronto would take that offer over RiP Prince and Max but that's a good point.

My point is, if think believe Deng should be traded for expirings doesn't that deal make a lot more sense?
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#8 » by CB-Blazer » Sat May 9, 2009 10:08 pm

vege wrote:
RTM wrote:Chicago should be able to get much more than this for Deng. I'm also not sure it's enough for TOR (they'd want Deng for themselves I would imagine. Picks would also have to their way.)

A lot of people seems to believe Deng for expirings should be a great deal for Chicago, so i have to believe Deng for capspace and a TPE is a hell lot better.

Salmons played great for them, i don't see Chicago paying all that money for Deng and probably resulting in the luxury tax.

But yes, Chicago could put an offer around Deng maybe Ben and TT for Bosh. Not sure if Toronto would take that offer over RiP Prince and Max but that's a good point.

My point is, if think believe Deng should be traded for expirings doesn't that deal make a lot more sense?

But Chicago won't trade Deng for expirings.

Salmons only makes alittle more than 5 million a year in 2010 when he has an opt out clause, Salmons is going to opt out and get a big pay day when everyone has capspace and it leaves CHI out two good SF's for nothing......

Deng can only improve upon what he is doing now. He isn't going to get worse. If you can fetch expirings for someone at their all time low, why not let him play and see if he can get more?
vege
RealGM

Post#9 » by vege » Sat May 9, 2009 10:10 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
vege wrote:

But Chicago won't trade Deng for expirings.

Salmons only makes alittle more than 5 million a year in 2010 when he has an opt out clause, Salmons is going to opt out and get a big pay day when everyone has capspace and it leaves CHI out two good SF's for nothing......

Deng can only improve upon what he is doing now. He isn't going to get worse. If you can fetch expirings for someone at their all time low, why not let him play and see if he can get more?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=903110

Chicago fans think different. And i am not going to argue with them. The big majority of ppl think Deng should be traded for expirings and once again, here he is being traded for immediate relief. So argue with ppl in that thread not with me here :P

Return to Trades and Transactions