GS/MEM

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: GS/MEM 

Post#21 » by loserX » Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 pm

don nelson wrote:Larry Riley stated at his press conference yesterday the Warriors are not planning on any major shakeups like you are describing. Riley was talking about making just 2 additions to the roster of which one will be the Warriors first round draft pick. Those who really follow the Warriors know exactly which player the Warriors are looking to move. Here's what Riley said about what he's looking for in exchange for that player. "Needs to be a quality player. It doesn’t do any good to go acquire a guy who is older, mature, and going to be your 12th man. I don’t see that working for us. It does work sometimes for other teams. But I don’t see that working for us."

It's very difficult to take any of this even remotely seriously.

First of all, just because Riley said they aren't planning any major shakeups, doesn't mean they wouldn't accept one. So that's pretty much irrelevant as far as trade proposals go here. This is a board meant to discuss hypotheticals. As I've said before, it's not a "stand pat" board.

As for the quoted portion, of course he said that. Who goes into a press conference saying "we're really hoping to trade Player X for another team's junk...I hope we don't get any quality players"? So that's meaningless too.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by don nelson » Wed May 13, 2009 10:27 pm

loserX wrote:
don nelson wrote:Larry Riley stated at his press conference yesterday the Warriors are not planning on any major shakeups like you are describing. Riley was talking about making just 2 additions to the roster of which one will be the Warriors first round draft pick. Those who really follow the Warriors know exactly which player the Warriors are looking to move. Here's what Riley said about what he's looking for in exchange for that player. "Needs to be a quality player. It doesn’t do any good to go acquire a guy who is older, mature, and going to be your 12th man. I don’t see that working for us. It does work sometimes for other teams. But I don’t see that working for us."

First of all, just because Riley said they aren't planning any major shakeups, doesn't mean they wouldn't accept one. So that's pretty much irrelevant as far as trade proposals go here. This is a board meant to discuss hypotheticals. As I've said before, it's not a "stand pat" board.

As for the quoted portion, of course he said that. Who goes into a press conference saying "we're really hoping to trade Player X for another team's junk...I hope we don't get any quality players"? So that's meaningless too.

loser x,

You are entitled to your opinion. If you feel that's its totally meaningless that's fine by me.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#23 » by loserX » Wed May 13, 2009 10:31 pm

don nelson wrote:
loserX wrote:

loser x,

You are entitled to your opinion. If you feel that's its totally meaningless that's fine by me.

Yeah, sorry, but I do. It's nothing against Riley or the Warriors' organization specifically. Everybody in basketball wants quality players in trades. Even if they're going to settle for less, they're certainly not going to admit that in a press conference. So quotes to that effect are meaningless.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#24 » by killbuckner » Wed May 13, 2009 11:03 pm

donnelson- have you ever heard the term "the dreaded vote of confidence"? I can't beleive that people take any of that stuff at face value.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#25 » by gswhoops » Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 pm

killacalijatt wrote:Id be down for a Darko/Pick for BWright/Crawford

That gives us leverage to trade Beans for Amare or Bosh
or move both picks for Rubio

I'd be totally OK with this deal, but if you're expecting anything more then 6 fouls off the bench from Darko you're in for a rude awakening. He is not the kind of guy I would feel confident in, even as a back up.
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#26 » by don nelson » Thu May 14, 2009 12:29 am

killbuckner wrote:donnelson- have you ever heard the term "the dreaded vote of confidence"? I can't beleive that people take any of that stuff at face value.

How can Larry Riley be needing a vote of confidence when this was only his first official day on the job as the General Manager of the Warriors. Riley was merely responding to a question from one of the local beat writers about how much change should be expected on the roster.

Return to Trades and Transactions