Toronto Decides to build around Bosh the right way.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Toronto Decides to build around Bosh the right way. 

Post#1 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Jun 7, 2009 8:21 pm

Toronto Trades:
Bargnani(Extended)+Cash
Grizzlies Trade:
Gay(Extended)+28th Pick

The Bargnani and Bosh combo isn't working very well and I think its time to build the right way. Toronto get Gay who is a scorer and very young, he is athletic and you can't say he is bad defender since Memphis starting line was inwhole a bad defensive unit. Toronto also gains an extra pick and this should be a good trade for them since they are selling high and buying low.

Memphis gets a power forward and one the quicker ones so they can employ the run and gun, Bargnani is also a good defender so that could help them a bit plus he open up the paint for Gasol and his ability to drag the opposing big man out let Mayo and Conley attack the paint without worrying about help defense.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Toronto Trades:
Kapono

Philly Trades:
Evans

Philadelphia gets their shooter and they get one of the league's best and they are intially buying low and they could possibly have one of the biggest x faxtors in the league. Toronto adds defense and toughness, they need someone like Evans behind Bosh to be aggressive to keep the defenders intimadated.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Toronto Trades:
Ninth Pick

Washington Trades:
Stevenson
5th Pick

Washinton gets rid of two really bad contracts and get back one that exprires earlier. Toronto gets a higher pick and they can draft Harden if things go as planned and can set their wings up for the next decade.
Toronto Drafts:
James Harden
Sam Young

Toronto Signs:
Rasho
Delfino
Pops
Parker
Gortat (MLE Two Years)

Roster:
Gortat/Rasho
Bosh/Evans/Mensah-Bonsu
Gay/Young
Harden/Delfino
Calderon/Ukic/Parker

I think the roster is solid in every position, though the back-up spot at the point looks rough it is servicable as I believe Ukic has improved and is more understanding of his position, if not we can still sign a back-up for the minimum. The shooting guard position has Harden and Delfino who can play solid defense and can score. The small forward has toughness in Young and scoring in Gay who we will count on to be the 2nd option, he is clutch, athletic, and big which makes a perfect fit for us. The Power Forward has our first option Bosh who said he is likely to stay here and play here for the rest of his career, we have more defense and toughness behind him. The center position is more defensive now and experienced. Rasho did well with us before he left and I think that magic might work again if we are lucky.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Toronto Decides to build around Bosh the right way. 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:45 pm

The only one of those deals I see being a possibility is the one with Philly. Otherwise I don't think Toronto can do any of those deals especially the one with Washington.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#3 » by Storm Surge » Sun Jun 7, 2009 9:59 pm

Toronto should just do the Washington trade, re-sign Marion, then go after Delfino.

Calderon
Harden/Delfino
Marion/MLE - Childress?
Bosh
Bargnani
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#4 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Jun 7, 2009 10:02 pm

One of Bosh or Bargnani needs to go, that will never be a championship contending frontcourt.
GIZMO
Analyst
And1: 1,771

Post#5 » by GIZMO » Sun Jun 7, 2009 11:55 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:One of Bosh or Bargnani needs to go, that will never be a championship contending frontcourt.

CB4 is 25 YO and Bargs is 24 YO. You don't think they can improve?
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#6 » by Assassin_1 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:03 am

^Bosh is in his prime right now and he isn't going to improve, Bargnani might but we already have Bosh, who is a better scorer and rebounder, and he is more traditional. Jump shooting bigs don't win its math. We need scoring from the wings rebounding from the bigs and creativity from the point and consistency from the bench right now we don't have any of that.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#7 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:09 am

GIZMO wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:One of Bosh or Bargnani needs to go, that will never be a championship contending frontcourt.

I'm not saying that.

They both just need to have their deficiencies protected by a player who are above average rebounders and defenders.
GIZMO
Analyst

Post#8 » by GIZMO » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:10 am

J-Slim wrote:^Bosh is in his prime right now and he isn't going to improve, Bargnani might but we already have Bosh, who is a better scorer and rebounder, and he is more traditional. Jump shooting bigs don't win its math. We need scoring from the wings rebounding from the bigs and creativity from the point and consistency from the bench right now we don't have any of that.

First off, lets agree that you can't predict the future. CB is only 25, if I am not mistaken, he just turned 25. He may never improve and likely won't but we can't be sure.

as for the wing position, there are ways to upgrade it.

Either way, the point is the blazer fan saying they would never contend. Again, how can anyone predict the future that a 25 and a 24 YO will never improve enough to contend?
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#9 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:14 am

GIZMO wrote:
J-Slim wrote:^Bosh is in his prime right now and he isn't going to improve, Bargnani might but we already have Bosh, who is a better scorer and rebounder, and he is more traditional. Jump shooting bigs don't win its math. We need scoring from the wings rebounding from the bigs and creativity from the point and consistency from the bench right now we don't have any of that.

First off, lets agree that you can't predict the future. CB is only 25, if I am not mistaken, he just turned 25. He may never improve and likely won't but we can't be sure.

Either way, the point is the blazer fan saying they would never contend. Again, how can anyone predict the future that a 25 and a 24 YO will never improve enough to contend?

It is a GREAT offensive frountcourt but in terms of defense/rebounding it is pretty dang bad. I'm not knocking either as players but they have the same flaws.

You cannot in a championship when neither of your post players are more than average rebounders/defenders.
GIZMO
Analyst

Post#10 » by GIZMO » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:16 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
GIZMO wrote:

I'm not saying that.

They both just need to have their deficiencies protected by a player who are above average rebounders and defenders.

I agree that they have deficencies. Maybe it's the way that you worded it that irked me.

It's like me saying that Oden will never be good enough to ever make it in this league, due to not being able to stay on the court and constantly being injured. That would be stupid of me to say because although both of these things are true right now, I really don't know and because he is still young chances are I would be wrong (I hope).
GIZMO
Analyst

Post#11 » by GIZMO » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:19 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
GIZMO wrote:

It is a GREAT offensive frountcourt but in terms of defense/rebounding it is pretty dang bad. I'm not knocking either as players but they have the same flaws.

You cannot in a championship when neither of your post players are more than average rebounders/defenders.

I remember the last game of the year, CB needed 18 or 19 (I don't recall) rebounds to get to 20 and 10. He got it, not saying he could do it all the time. Point being, they are not nearly as bad a rebounding duo as is they are being portrayed. Their defence as well is not nearly as bad, but they can definitly improve.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#12 » by CB-Blazer » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:23 am

Thats not like what I was saying at all. A Bosh/Bargnani frountcourt will never work because they don't fit together.

Bosh is a very good player and Bargnani is proving he can play in the league, but sometimes less talent but good fit works better than more talent and bad fit, which IMO is the case.
GIZMO
Analyst

Post#13 » by GIZMO » Mon Jun 8, 2009 12:43 am

CB-Blazer wrote:Thats not like what I was saying at all. A Bosh/Bargnani frountcourt will never work because they don't fit together.

Bosh is a very good player and Bargnani is proving he can play in the league, but sometimes less talent but good fit works better than more talent and bad fit, which IMO is the case.

Actually they are fitting together nicely. They were the only ones that kept us in the games. It was our SF and SG that killed us. By the time Marion got used to playing with them, it was too late IMO. They just need more help at SG/SG and they need to continue to improve in certain areas. they may not be your protatypical C&PF combo. But they are learning to play with each other.

What was proven this year is that JO did not fit in with CB.

Return to Trades and Transactions