Let's try this PG in Philly thing again

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Let's try this PG in Philly thing again 

Post#1 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:10 pm

Minnesota Timberwolves trade:
PF Brian Cardinal
SF Corey Brewer
PG Sebastain Telfair

Minnesota Timberwolves Get:
C Samuel Dalembert

Chicago Bulls trade:
PG Kirk Hinrich

Chicago Bulls get:
PF Brian Cardinal
SF Corey Brewer
PG Sebastain Telfair

Philadelphia Sixers trade:
C Samuel Dalembert

Philadelphia Sixers recieve:
PG Kirk Hinrich

Why for Minnesota: Minnesota has since acknowledged that they need a C
next to Jefferson, who is a far thing from a C. That can be masked with good
perimeter defense. However, the only one on that roster who plays defense
and enough time to make a difference is Foye. In this revised trade of a
discussion of a year ago, Minnesota only has to give up Brian Cardinal in
terms of 2010. Brewer has been injury prone and inconsistant and Telfair
has improved but is still a 2nd-3rd stringer at best

Why for Chicago: I tried to get a PG in Philadelphia before, but Chi-Town fans
wouldn't budge because they felt it too early to give up on Deng. Well,
I imagine they are fine with an extra 6 million in capspace and
Two more prospects. Excellent value for Hinrich

Why for Philadelphia: Philly needs 2 things: A 3PT shooter in the starting lineup
and a PG. They get both. After trying long and hard. I think I finally got the deal
that allows Hinrich to don a new type of red: Philly Red. Philly is about ready
to hand over the reigns to Speights at the C. Can he succeed? I believe he
can.
tclg
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Re: Let's try this PG in Philly thing again 

Post#2 » by tclg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:27 pm

What we get back for Hinrich is basically nothing. None of those guys can shoot the three reliably. I would like some sort of big man back and not two SF's. If we were going to salary dump hinrich this would be a good deal. But in another thread detroit was offering maxiell/amir plus the 15 to me thats a better deal
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#3 » by Leto » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Like the previous trade, cut Chicago out. We aren't trading Hinrich for a pile of trash.

Just trade Dalembert to Minny for Cardinal, Telfair and Brewer.
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#4 » by LakerFanMan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:59 pm

What's wrong with Andre Miller anyway?

If you really want Hinrich, why not cut Minny out and send Daly to Chicago in a deal for Hinrich?
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Slackerr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Uh.. Where the heck are we getting capspace from? Unless I'm somehow horribly wrong, Minny's players are just expirings... which leads to not doing anything towards helping BG... which is the reason WHY we would even consider dumping Hinrich.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:54 pm

I've explained it to you before: Unless you dump salaries to a team UNDER the cap, you can't do anything about your current cap situation.

You can however, acquire expirings for your future cap situation. Such as this trade does here.

Bulls management IMO would take the deal, as they lose those unneccessary deals.

I don't think Bulls fans understand the situation. Hinrich has 3 years left at 30 million. To be a BACK-UP.

Chicago Management would either want future expirings or expirings+talent or flat out talent.

In this case, they get expirings+talent. Brewer and Telfair are two young kids, who can still pan out. If you think of where Tel has been: Minnesota, and Boston. He was expected to be the starting PG from day one. I think Tel is an excellent back-up PG and will do excellent there.

Brewer can play the 2/3 and fit in with TT, Salmons, Tyrus. Small ball :D
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#7 » by Leto » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Dedicated_76ers_fan wrote:I've explained it to you before: Unless you dump salaries to a team UNDER the cap, you can't do anything about your current cap situation.

You can however, acquire expirings for your future cap situation. Such as this trade does here.

Bulls management IMO would take the deal, as they lose those unneccessary deals.

I don't think Bulls fans understand the situation. Hinrich has 3 years left at 30 million. To be a BACK-UP.

Chicago Management would either want future expirings or expirings+talent or flat out talent.

In this case, they get expirings+talent. Brewer and Telfair are two young kids, who can still pan out. If you think of where Tel has been: Minnesota, and Boston. He was expected to be the starting PG from day one. I think Tel is an excellent back-up PG and will do excellent there.

Brewer can play the 2/3 and fit in with TT, Salmons, Tyrus. Small ball :D

No. I don't think you understand the Bulls situation. They aren't salary dumping Hinrich so the Sixers can get better.

A more accurate description of the situation is that the Sixers are desperate because they have NO PG and aren't likely to get one good enough to start unless they sign Miller again.

If you want HInrich, you'll need to be sending Speights to Chicago.

Edit add: By the end of this season, if the Bulls make no other moves, they will have Hinrich and Deng as their only players under contract with Salmons having a Player Option that he'll likely execute. I.E., we don't need any more expiring contracts.
Slackerr
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Slackerr » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:44 pm

As Leto said, we are not dumping Hinrich just to get more under the cap space. We have a ton of room already. As I have explained before, the only reason that Hinrich would be dumped, is IF they are going to resign Ben Gordon using the space created from the dump. Otherwise, Hinrich is NOT being dumped.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,660

Post#9 » by shrink » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 pm

As has been mentioned many many times, Dalembert's $13 mil next year is not close to being worth expirings

Keep him away from MIN and their valuable 2010 cap space.

As a side ntoe, on the Trade Board, you might also get more responses if you put the names of the teams involved in your subject heading. Most posters don't have the time to read every thread, so you can "advertise" for opinions from the posters who know their home team by including those other teamnames.

Return to Trades and Transactions