Hinrich telling friends he's going to Portland?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Re: Hinrich telling friends he's going to Portland? 

Post#21 » by CB-Blazer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:59 pm

The guy who runs "BlazersEdge" apparently heard from his media sources (he has them and they aren't "anon" sources") that the trade talks for Hinrich to Portland is "serious and ongoing".
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#22 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:The guy who runs "BlazersEdge" apparently heard from his media sources (he has them and they aren't "anon" sources") that the trade talks for Hinrich to Portland is "serious and ongoing".

Any word on the potato chips? Salt/vinegar or Sour cream/onion?
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#23 » by CB-Blazer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 pm

john2jer wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:The guy who runs "BlazersEdge" apparently heard from his media sources (he has them and they aren't "anon" sources") that the trade talks for Hinrich to Portland is "serious and ongoing".

Portland is apparently only offering "orginial" and will not get rid of any of their flavors.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#24 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:26 pm

And that's why Pritchard is great greatest GM in the history of bucketball.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#25 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:48 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:
john2jer wrote:

Portland is apparently only offering "orginial" and will not get rid of any of their flavors.

Maybe the Old Bay Seasoned chips? Those are rumored to have negative value to everyone but Steve Kerr and possibly Mike Dunleavy.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach

Post#26 » by CB-Blazer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Maybe the Old Bay Seasoned chips? Those are rumored to have negative value to everyone but Steve Kerr and possibly Mike Dunleavy.

This leftcoaster isn't aware of the brand "Old Bay" so no deal.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#27 » by john2jer » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm

Old Bay Seasoned Chips are the Tiago Splitter of snack foods.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#28 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:36 pm

You’ve either forgotten about cracked black pepper chips, you’ve never had them or you’re a chip philistine.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#29 » by Leto » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:37 pm

I'll just say there isn't a guard outside of Roy that is better than Hinrich on the Blazers squad. That doesn't mean the Bulls will get fair value in terms of talent. Just look what the Wizards traded for two bench players.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#30 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:40 pm

I'll just say there isn't a guard outside of Roy that is better than Hinrich on the Blazers squad.

I don’t think many Blazer fans have argued otherwise. I think the general discussion revolves around the degree of upgrade from Blake to Hinrich.

Personally, I happen to think it’s pretty substantial.
JordanL
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#31 » by JordanL » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:If the Bulls are serious about retaining Gordon, Cliff Levingston expects a Hinrich to Portland deal to consist of Blake + 2010 1st rounder (and maybe a 2nd rounder or two) for Hinrich. Gives the Bulls an immediate $5.5 mil in space under the tax and provides us with a a trade asset for the summer of 2010.

Holy crap, Portland does that deal so fast it's ludacris.

That's basically Blake + $4 million cap + 2010 #25+ for Hinrich who's basically the perfect PG next to Roy.

As a side note, I will be monumentally sad if we end up with Andre Miller. Guy isn't worth the contract he wants IMO.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#32 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 pm

1). Chicago wants to make money. Portland doesn't make money if I remember right, but they have a rich owner. Chicago owners want to make money. They can afford to over the tax, but right now they feel they just want to make money.

2). So 2 years people, 1000+ Hinrich to Portland trades proposals on REALGM, is this really going to happen?

Blake + Outlaw + A Pick for Hinrich?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#33 » by Spykes » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 pm

boogydown wrote:1). Chicago wants to make money. Portland doesn't make money if I remember right, but they have a rich owner. Chicago owners want to make money. They can afford to over the tax, but right now they feel they just want to make money.

2). So 2 years people, 1000+ Hinrich to Portland trades proposals on REALGM, is this really going to happen?

I doubt Portland adds a pick to the deal if it's Blake and Outlaw. If it's just Blake and cap space, then I could see a pick added.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#34 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Spykes wrote:
boogydown wrote:1). Chicago wants to make money. Portland doesn't make money if I remember right, but they have a rich owner. Chicago owners want to make money. They can afford to over the tax, but right now they feel they just want to make money.

I doubt Portland adds a pick to the deal if it's Blake and Outlaw. If it's just Blake and cap space, then I could see a pick added.

We aren't really sure Outlaw is going to be involved are we? I think Chicago intends to waive at least one of them, so might as well swap Outlaw for a pick? Can this be done? Not sure if it can until July 1?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#35 » by Spykes » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 pm

boogydown wrote:
Spykes wrote:

We aren't really sure Outlaw is going to be involved are we? I think Chicago intends to waive at least one of them, so might as well swap Outlaw for a pick? Can this be done? Not sure if it can until July 1?

No one really knows who might be involved. Might be Outlaw and Blake or maybe they just wait until July 1st and it's just Blake and cap, or Outlaw or cap, or maybe it's just pure cap and a pick... Who knows? Nothing has really been reported yet.

However, just knowing how they value Outlaw and Blake, I don't think Portland would be willing to throw in a pick for just Hinrich.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#36 » by boogydown » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 pm

No one really knows who might be involved. Might be Outlaw and Blake or maybe they just wait until July 1st and it's just Blake and cap, or Outlaw or cap, or maybe it's just pure cap and a pick... Who knows? Nothing has really been reported yet.

However, just knowing how they value Outlaw and Blake, I don't think Portland would be willing to throw in a pick for just Hinrich.

I think I'd value Outlaw over the #22 though.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#37 » by kombayn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 am

I actually think Kirk Hinrich would be a perfect fit for the Blazers. Plus he's still very young to develop with this young nucleus. Maybe Chicago is going to try and get the #22 Pick? Would that be worth Hinrich?
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#38 » by treis » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:39 am

kombayn wrote:I actually think Kirk Hinrich would be a perfect fit for the Blazers. Plus he's still very young to develop with this young nucleus. Maybe Chicago is going to try and get the #22 Pick? Would that be worth Hinrich?

Not even close. People (in general) overvalue draft picks and overvalue the players their teams drafted. Here's a list of the 6-8 picks (Hinrich taken 7th) of the last 11 years ordered by my estimate of their value:

Stars (2): Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay
Legit Starters (12): Eric Gordon, Josh Childress, Luol Deng, Chris Kaman, TJ Ford, Kirk Hinrich, Nene Hilario, Shane Battier, Wally Szerbiak, Rip Hamilton, Andre Miller, Jason Williams
Marginal Starters/Good Backups (8): Danilo Gallinari, Joe Alexander, Brandon Wright, Martell Webster, Jamal Crawford, Randy Foye, Robert Traylor, Larry Hughes
Backup (7): Yi Jianlian, Corey Brewer, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Desanaga Diop, Dermarr Johnson, Chris Mihm
Bench Warmer/Out of League (4): Channing Frye, Rafael Araujo, Dajuan Wagner, Eddie Griffin

Obviously some of these stories still aren't written, but I think the trend is pretty clear. Depending on how you rank the legit starters group Hinrich is anywhere from above average to well above average for his draft spot.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#39 » by Soulyss » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:48 am

CB-Blazer wrote:I'm pumped about it. I'd much rather have Hinrich over Andre Miller.

Amen... I can't stand the thought of signing Miller.
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#40 » by Soulyss » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:51 am

treis wrote:
kombayn wrote:I actually think Kirk Hinrich would be a perfect fit for the Blazers. Plus he's still very young to develop with this young nucleus. Maybe Chicago is going to try and get the #22 Pick? Would that be worth Hinrich?

Not even close. People (in general) overvalue draft picks and overvalue the players their teams drafted. Here's a list of the 6-8 picks (Hinrich taken 7th) of the last 11 years ordered by my estimate of their value:

Stars (2): Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay
Legit Starters (12): Eric Gordon, Josh Childress, Luol Deng, Chris Kaman, TJ Ford, Kirk Hinrich, Nene Hilario, Shane Battier, Wally Szerbiak, Rip Hamilton, Andre Miller, Jason Williams
Marginal Starters/Good Backups (8): Danilo Gallinari, Joe Alexander, Brandon Wright, Martell Webster, Jamal Crawford, Randy Foye, Robert Traylor, Larry Hughes
Backup (7): Yi Jianlian, Corey Brewer, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Desanaga Diop, Dermarr Johnson, Chris Mihm
Bench Warmer/Out of League (4): Channing Frye, Rafael Araujo, Dajuan Wagner, Eddie Griffin

Obviously some of these stories still aren't written, but I think the trend is pretty clear. Depending on how you rank the legit starters group Hinrich is anywhere from above average to well above average for his draft spot.

LOL Rudy Gay is NO Star... He has the same Per as Travis Outlaw for gods sake.. Enough with the over-valueing of Gay. Argh!!!

I think you could say that Rip Hamilton is a Star or close to, at least he's been an All-star.

Return to Trades and Transactions