Clippers-Pacers Deal (after the Q-Rich Z-Bo Trade)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Clippers-Pacers Deal (after the Q-Rich Z-Bo Trade) 

Post#1 » by Mich3006 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Quentin Richardson
for
TJ Ford, Brandon Rush, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Jeff Foster

Pacers: Davis, Daniels (resign him!!!!!), Granger, Murphy, Kaman
Clippers: Ford, Gordon, Thornton, Griffin, Camby

In my opinion, both teams gets better after this trade
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Re: Clippers-Pacers Deal (after the Q-Rich Z-Bo Trade) 

Post#2 » by jowglenn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:41 pm

haaaaaaaa that's, hahahahaha, that's a good one.

The Pacers give up 4 starter-quality players for Baron Davis and Chris Kaman........oHHHHHHHHHH that's funny.

It's amazing that you post this trade with a straight face. TJ Ford is almost as good as Baron Davis, but without the massive and lengthy contract. Brandon Rush is going to be the Pacers starting SG. Dunleavy is injured, sure. But he has 2 years left on his contract, while Kaman (also has injury issues) has 3. And Jeff Foster has been a solid rotation 20-30 minutes a night rebounding defensive big.

I mean, you have to be kidding! Baron Davis has one of the worst contracts in the league!

It's funny, because I actually posted a Clippers/Pacers trade a while back where the Pacers get Davis and Kaman. But it sure as hell didn't involve Brandon Rush.

If I recall correctly, it was Davis/Davis/Kaman for Ford/Tinsley/Dunleavy/Foster. Pacers would match Jack's contract offer.

If you want to get out of Davis's contract, and move Kaman at the same time, well, you're going to have to do better than this.
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#3 » by jowglenn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Or, if the Pacers are seriously looking at a financial nightmare scenario and are faltering halfway through the season......

Granger/Tinsley/Ford/Dunleavy

for

Gordon/Davis/Thornton/Camby/Richardson

Pacers restart with a much cheaper core of Davis/Gordon/Rush/Thornton/Hansbrough/Murphy/Hibbert

Clippers pair up Griffin with an All-star in Granger
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#4 » by Ricepilar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

This is a pretty good idea. Baron needs a team where he can initiate the offense. I think he can still be a good player on a good team and he is WAAAAAY better than TJ Ford.

To me, something more like this makes the most sense...

Rush (1.9 mil), Ford (8.5), Tinsley (7.2), and Foster (6) for Baron (12.1), Kaman (10.4) and Collins (1.8)

I guess its pretty much the same deal except that Q for Dunleavey is out and Tinsley is in.

This, to me, looks more like a deal that both teams make. Clippers get a great hustle big man who doesnt need the ball and a young SF who can spread the floor and play D. Ford is fine for the time being and even if Tinsley stays home, they still save money.

The Pacers get two guys who could step in and make their team somewhat dangerous instead of a 35 win doormat.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Pacers pass. Goes against everything their going for by giving up youth for extremely overpaid vets on long-term deals.

Not even a starter.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,720

Post#6 » by CableKC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Pass for the Pacers. BDiddy is a diva, is overpaid, is injury prone....blah blah blah...etc....etc...etc. Basically the same thing I say everytime BDiddy to Indy comes up.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
LifeLongFan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#7 » by LifeLongFan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Clippers pass, easily!
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Quentin Richardson
for
TJ Ford, Brandon Rush, Mike Dunleavy Jr., Jeff Foster

Pacers: Davis, Daniels (resign him!!!!!), Granger, Murphy, Kaman
Clippers: Ford, Gordon, Thornton, Griffin, Camby

In my opinion, both teams gets better after this trade

A decent into cap hell for the Pacers! Just a terrible trade! I'd do Jamaal and Foster for Kamen but I have no interest in Davis and his awful contract!
jowglenn
General Manager

Post#9 » by jowglenn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:18 pm

LifeLongFan wrote:Clippers pass, easily!

The Clippers pass on the original deal? What? I think maybe you don't realize how good Brandon Rush is going to be.

If it was Baron, Kaman, Q for Ford, Dunleavy, Foster, I could see reasoning for the Clippers to pass (even though I think they'd still do it just to get out of Baron and Kaman's long term deals). But Rush is too good to give up in a deal where the pacers take on salary.

What about Tinsley, Dunleavy, Foster for Baron, Kaman, Ricky Davis?
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#10 » by Clip34life » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Both sides happier if this deal isn't done.
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...

Return to Trades and Transactions