OKC-NOH (Paul-Westbrook/Green)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Sebzor
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

OKC-NOH (Paul-Westbrook/Green) 

Post#1 » by Sebzor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:49 pm

E. Watson/N. Kristic/D. White/T. Sefolosha/J. Green/R. Westbrook/future 1st
-for: C. Paul/T. Chandler/M. Peterson

NOH rebuild around Collison-Westbrook-Green-Armstrong-Sefolosha-Thornton-Wright + save money
OKC do it to go for a championship (Green-Westrbook-Sefolosha are nice players in their team but Paul is just a bit more) Paul-Harden-Durant-Collison-Chandler with a bench of: Livingston-Weaver-Ibaka-Mullins-Peterson-Wilkins
"So, the caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon as a shark, with a gun for a mouth."
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Re: OKC-NOH (Paul-Westbrook/Green) 

Post#2 » by djthesonicsfan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:43 pm

If the Hornets trade Paul it'll be for one reason only... save money. Which is why they'd deal with Presti because he's the only one with the cap space.

In my opinion the offer for CP3 would be Russell Westbrook & both 2010 1sts. Saves the Hornets $19M this season, gets them a young point guard & picks for the future.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#3 » by wiff » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I don't see the Hornets trading Paul without Peja's garbage contract.

I think a package close to
Paul and Peja for Westbrook, Green, Thabo, Suns 2010 pick, Atkins, Watson and Wilkins could happen.

They might add try to add Mo Pete to.

But I think OKC is a likely spot for Paul to end up.

Obviously NO isn't trading Paul to get better they would trade him to keep money in their pockets.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,059

Post#4 » by slick_watts » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:14 pm

i think okc would have to give up too many assets to get chris paul from the hornets. i don't see new orleans trading him, they'd trade david west first. i also think there's still a market for chandler.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,411

Post#5 » by Malapropism » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:23 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:If the Hornets trade Paul it'll be for one reason only... save money. Which is why they'd deal with Presti because he's the only one with the cap space.

In my opinion the offer for CP3 would be Russell Westbrook & both 2010 1sts. Saves the Hornets $19M this season, gets them a young point guard & picks for the future.

Portland has capspace.
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#6 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:29 pm

Malapropism wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:If the Hornets trade Paul it'll be for one reason only... save money. Which is why they'd deal with Presti because he's the only one with the cap space.

Portland has capspace.

True, but a little more than half of OKC's.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Malapropism » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 pm

qclakers wrote:
Malapropism wrote:

Portland has capspace.

They would be willing to take on the same contracts however, and offer arguably better pieces.
qclakers
Rookie

Post#8 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Malapropism wrote:
Malapropism wrote:

Portland has capspace.

They would be willing to take on the same contracts however, and offer arguably better pieces.

What better pieces? Unless you mean Roy? And I really dont think that would improve POR all that much.
qclakers
Rookie

Post#9 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Malapropism wrote:
Malapropism wrote:

Portland has capspace.

What better pieces? Unless you mean Roy? And I really dont think that would improve POR all that much.
Malapropism
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Malapropism » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:38 pm

qclakers wrote:

I said arguably.

Would New Orleans like Green/Westbrook or Oden/Rudy/Bayless/Batum?

And if Paul really was on the table, I'd trade Roy for Paul.
wiff
Head Coach

Post#11 » by wiff » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:39 pm

What two pieces would Portland offer that would be better than Westbrook and Green?

OKC can add various other valuable pieces as well.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#12 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Nah, I can't see POR putting Roy on the table for Paul, just 'cause he's their homegrown cornerstone.

I could see a package of Bayless/Batum/Fernandez/Blake/Outlaw/2 1sts spurring some interest. LMA would DEFINITELY be on the table, but would Shinn want a young bigman he's going to have to pay max money to keep next summer??? :dontknow: I hate to say it, but I think he'd prefer the linked deal.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
qclakers
Rookie

Post#13 » by qclakers » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Would Roy and CP3 fit together good? Can Roy play off the ball all the time?
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#14 » by KM44 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 pm

There is already a thread about CP trades because of the wiretap article. I would suggest that all CP3 trades go there to be discussed, rather than ruining the boards with random dreaming.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
wiff
Head Coach

Post#15 » by wiff » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:43 pm

KM44 wrote:There is already a thread about CP trades because of the wiretap article. I would suggest that all CP3 trades go there to be discussed, rather than ruining the boards with random dreaming.

I guess when your team has no chance at all to nab Chris Paul it's more fun to complain?

Return to Trades and Transactions