Raptors/Kings/Bobcats: Raptors Add Last Player They Covet

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Raptors/Kings/Bobcats: Raptors Add Last Player They Covet 

Post#21 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 11:33 pm

bump so this is a deal for everyone, would the kings do it now or at the deadline and are the bobcats good for it?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 623

Post#22 » by sackings916 » Mon Aug 3, 2009 11:43 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:bump so this is a deal for everyone, would the kings do it now or at the deadline and are the bobcats good for it?

I'd want the Kings to wait until the deadline to see if another team can offer 2010 expirings. Unless the Raptors would be willing to expand the deal to include Reggie Evans going to the Kings and Beno Udrih going to the Raptors w/ the Raptors keeping their 1st rounder.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#23 » by spectre_ » Mon Aug 3, 2009 11:46 pm

Nope. Nazr is much more useful to us than Banks. Felton at worst will be back on his QO and we don't need a 4th PG. As LB plans on utiling Chandler some at the 4 we'll need Nazr for depth.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#24 » by EventHorizon » Tue Aug 4, 2009 1:43 am

Wright and a first for Nocioni? Raptors pass.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Smills91 » Tue Aug 4, 2009 2:59 am

spectre_ wrote:Nope. Nazr is much more useful to us than Banks. Felton at worst will be back on his QO and we don't need a 4th PG. As LB plans on utiling Chandler some at the 4 we'll need Nazr for depth.

At worst, he BOLTS due to a team like the Grizz, Kings or Thunder offering him a multi-year deal that the cats can't logically match.
swirsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#26 » by swirsk » Tue Aug 4, 2009 3:00 am

EventHorizon wrote:Wright and a first for Nocioni? Raptors pass.

No kidding. Not only does Nocioni give us nothing we don't already have, he doesn't even hold positive value around the league with that contract. Absolutely atrocious.
formerly known as Swirsky4PM
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#27 » by spectre_ » Tue Aug 4, 2009 10:07 am

Smills91 wrote:
spectre_ wrote:Nope. Nazr is much more useful to us than Banks. Felton at worst will be back on his QO and we don't need a 4th PG. As LB plans on utiling Chandler some at the 4 we'll need Nazr for depth.

At worst, he BOLTS due to a team like the Grizz, Kings or Thunder offering him a multi-year deal that the cats can't logically match.

How much can any of those teams offer? Don't know what's up to date...but ESPN trade checker is showing SAC with approx. 6.8 left, Memphis with about 3 million and OKC over the cap.

I don't know that the Bobcats wouldn't match any of that. They'd most likely rather not go to 7 per...but they probably would before they let him walk.

Supposedly length of contract isn't the issue; both want a longer deal.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#28 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Aug 4, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm all over this but some of your fringe Raptor fans seem to be not liking it. Of course they are the same naysayers who will be crying for help when your bery young team is going in the tank mid-season due to some multi-game injury to a key player.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#29 » by TheNewEra » Tue Aug 4, 2009 4:29 pm

Rap fans need to learn to warm-up to thought of keeping Wright he will be a defensive piece that will be much needed over their season.
swirsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#30 » by swirsk » Tue Aug 4, 2009 4:37 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:I'm all over this but some of your fringe Raptor fans seem to be not liking it. Of course they are the same naysayers who will be crying for help when your bery young team is going in the tank mid-season due to some multi-game injury to a key player.

Fringe fans? Not liking terrible trades make us fringe fans?

I don't even know where you're coming from with the injury part. But we'll be crying if that happens whether we add Nocioni or not.
formerly known as Swirsky4PM

Return to Trades and Transactions