Suns-Nets Deal

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Suns-Nets Deal 

Post#1 » by Mich3006 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 11:56 am

Amare Stoudemire(+contract extension), Jason Richardson, Goran Dragic
for
Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, Brook Lopez, Trenton Hassell, Bobby Simmons, Eduardo Najera

Suns: Nash, Harris, Hill, Clark, Lopez
Nets: Alston, Richardson, Hayes, Stoudemire, Boone

Why for the teams: The Suns get a young core of talented players (Lee, Lopez) and an Allstar for the time after Steve Nash...The Nets receive a Frontcourt monster, cause if Stat stays fit---> Stoudemire>Harris
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Suns-Nets Deal 

Post#2 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 12:40 pm

Your trades are horrible for the Nets, like all the time. Just when I thought you couldn't get worse, you blow your old crap trades out of the water. Why would the Nets EVER trade Devin/Lee/Brook for Amare when we can wait for him to opt out next summer and sign him to PLAY WITH THESE GUYS? Use some common sense man.
ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#3 » by ws26 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 12:47 pm

Also, the Suns just signed Nash to an extension, so that would indicate they are putting off finding his replacement. And we already know that the Nets love Lopez, he is a cheap alternative to Amare, so NJN would rather have him.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 12:59 pm

Amare/Barbosa for Devin/Lopez would be fair-ish value IMO, but still not something I'd do. The OP, not a chance.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#5 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 6, 2009 1:39 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Amare Stoudemire(+contract extension), Jason Richardson, Goran Dragic
for
Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, Brook Lopez, Trenton Hassell, Bobby Simmons, Eduardo Najera

Suns: Nash, Harris, Hill, Clark, Lopez
Nets: Alston, Richardson, Hayes, Stoudemire, Boone

Having just finished my afternoon tea, I set out to peruse the daily 'player-trading proposals' found on this esteemed website. Ah, sweet fortune! I have found one that makes perfect sense for all involved and leaves me with the satisfaction that is normally only found in a game of croquet.

How lucky the Nets of New Jersey would be to trade away this rubbish for Amare Stoudemire and Jason Richardson! Let us not forget, Amare has appeared in 4 All-SuperStar games, while Mr. Harris has appeared in just one. Do the math, gentlemen! This Lopez character seems to me a bit suspect... having only 13 pts, 8rebs, and 2 'shot-rejections' per game in his rookie season? I am not sure he will be any good, or even a useful player. Meanwhile, Courtney Lee, though having an auspiciously fine name, has only the experience of playing in ONE SEASON of 'playoff-games' which is certainly not enough to match with the many seasons of Mr. Stoudemire and Mr. Richardson.

Also, I have heard that Mr. Stoudemire has undergone many of modern medicine's miraculous 'surgeries' that I have heard so much about. On his Knees and Eyes! Surely he will only be an improved player given these wild improvements.

And didn't Mr. Richardson win the dunking competition many years ago? Yes, I believe the young people like those things.

However, I am afraid Phoenix may be forced to decline. Why would they want a young PG like Mr. Harris when they have an older, wiser one in Mr. Nash? And what is the purpose of having an unknown player like Mr. Lopez (and his brother, which is sure to cause fraternal hijinks and disagreement) when they could simply keep this Mr. Stoudemire?

Certainly, though, the prospect of seeing a team of Nets running the floor next year is so exciting... Picture it! Boone gets the rebound! Outlet pass to Alston! Alley-Oop to Stoudemire! Meanwhile, Mr. Hayes is leading a break with Mr. Richardson on the wing and Stoudemire trailing! Who will slamdunk the basket-ball? Who knows! But to witness a lineup of Alston, Richardson, Hayes, Stoudemire, Boone... Surely this is the dream of every New Jersey Nets fan.

Of course, I am somewhat new to this modern game of 'baskethoopball' so my judgments should be considered merely prognostication.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 1:54 pm

^^^ :lol: once again.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#7 » by BadWolf » Thu Aug 6, 2009 1:55 pm

Preludepunk27 wrote:Your trades are horrible

fixed
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 2:46 pm

BadWolf wrote:
Preludepunk27 wrote:Your trades are horrible

fixed

Thank you. I only look at his Nets trades. Now I know it's a common theme.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#9 » by NashtyNas » Thu Aug 6, 2009 3:05 pm

Beyond horrid for the Nets, but as a Suns fan I'd do it. The idea of a Nash/Harris/Hill/Clark/B.Lopez run&gun lineup with backups in Barbosa/Lee/Dudley/Frye/R.Lopez is pretty amazing.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Aug 6, 2009 4:03 pm

Wow.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#11 » by jowglenn » Thu Aug 6, 2009 4:25 pm

sd1306 wrote:Beyond horrid for the Nets, but as a Suns fan I'd do it. The idea of a Nash/Harris/Hill/Clark/B.Lopez run&gun lineup with backups in Barbosa/Lee/Dudley/Frye/R.Lopez is pretty amazing.

Sir, I detest thee. You are clearly a blackguard and a scoundrel. Can you not see that these young players, with their jazz music and marijuana, are simply unnecessary? The modern sciences have created a better, stronger Stoudemire through the ingenious use of eye and knee surgeries! To give up on this All-SuperStar is folly!

Now, if the Nets were to include this strange Chinaman from the East, who is said to have leapt over chairs (CHAIRS gentlemen! I fear the Orientals have some new machinations on our naval power. What if they soon begin to leap over settees? Or chaise lounges???) , then I think the Suns may momentarily consider it, if only for the novelty value of seeing a giant lumbering Asian playing the sport of baskethoopball.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#12 » by rsavaj » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:10 pm

lol....jowglenn is quickly becoming a favorite of mine
Preludepunk27
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Preludepunk27 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:37 pm

jowglenn wrote:
sd1306 wrote:Beyond horrid for the Nets, but as a Suns fan I'd do it. The idea of a Nash/Harris/Hill/Clark/B.Lopez run&gun lineup with backups in Barbosa/Lee/Dudley/Frye/R.Lopez is pretty amazing.

Sir, I detest thee. You are clearly a blackguard and a scoundrel. Can you not see that these young players, with their jazz music and marijuana, are simply unnecessary? The modern sciences have created a better, stronger Stoudemire through the ingenious use of eye and knee surgeries! To give up on this All-SuperStar is folly!

Now, if the Nets were to include this strange Chinaman from the East, who is said to have leapt over chairs (CHAIRS gentlemen! I fear the Orientals have some new machinations on our naval power. What if they soon begin to leap over settees? Or chaise lounges???) , then I think the Suns may momentarily consider it, if only for the novelty value of seeing a giant lumbering Asian playing the sport of baskethoopball.

Absolutely hilarious. Overvaluing Amare greatly, especially when you talk about adding Yi to the already (Please Use More Appropriate Word) deal. Hilariously nonetheless.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Aug 6, 2009 8:11 pm

Jowglenn is off the chain. His style reminds me of sham mixed with SteveKerrsed.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#15 » by deviljets7 » Fri Aug 7, 2009 2:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions