Sac/Cle

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

perezident
Sixth Man
And1: 73
Location: On the beautiful island of the Bahamas. Where I was born

Sac/Cle 

Post#1 » by perezident » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:47 pm

Sac trades: Andres Nocioni, Kenny Thomas; 2nd rounder
gets: Big Z; Daniel Gibson

Why? Unloads the log jam at SF to open up mins for the younger guys. Brings in much needed help in the front court and Boobie can be a nice addition with this already young team and would be given some consistent mins to see what he can do. A la Quincy Douby? We'll see :lol:

New lineup
Hawes/Big Z
JT/May/Brockman
Cisco/Donte/Casspi
Kevin/Boobie
Tyreke/Beno/SerRod

Cle trades: Big Z; Daniel Gibson
gets: Andres Nocioni; Kenny Thomas; 2nd rounder

Why? With the rumors of Cle wanting but not able to nabb Bowen, Andres can fill that void. Brings more outside shooting toughness and solid defense to the squad. He'd be a nice fit playing behind Lebron. He has the same remaining yrs on his contract like Boobie and his contract declines each yr. They lose Big Z but Big Ben is still on the market and can be signed or Jason Collins to play behind Shaq. Kenny Thomas is a veteran who can still do the little things. Hustle pull down boards and hit the 10-15ft jump shot. He's also a huge expiring.

Resign Joe Smith

New lineup
Shaq/Collins
AV/Smith/K9
Lebron/Noc
Parker/Moon
Mo/West
Smills91 wrote:You guys are idiots....
If you sleep on Beno, he can drop 30/10 on you.

^Shall remain until this happens :rofl:

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

^ :lol: (7/4/15)
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Sac/Cle 

Post#2 » by loserX » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:52 pm

No chance Cleveland does that. Z is past his prime, but they are trading 2 contributors for one (plus a deadweight) and taking on long-term money to do it. Noc ain't that good, and won't have enough role to be worth this.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#3 » by rpa » Thu Aug 6, 2009 5:56 pm

You'd have to take out Gibson for Cleveland to even remotely consider it--and even then I'm not sure if they'd do it. Of course my question is why's he in there to begin with? The Kings already have 3 PGs (4 if you count the spot minutes Garcia may play there if we go big) what's the need for a 4th?
perezident
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by perezident » Thu Aug 6, 2009 6:08 pm

Boobie is in there because, if a deal like this were to go down, or even be plausable, Cle would most certainly want Boobie and his contract to be gone as well.

I figured, Boobie was beginning to look like 2007 was a fluke you know? Because ever since then he's been invisible majority of times. And hearing cavs fans it seems as if they are boarderline giving up on him idk

What if in the deal it was 2 future 2nd rounders instead of one? Would it make a difference?

theo42 wrote:If you think Philly isn't getting better you will be shocked with how they play this year.

loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Thu Aug 6, 2009 6:39 pm

perezident wrote:What if in the deal it was 2 future 2nd rounders instead of one? Would it make a difference?

Unlikely. Cleveland is looking to win a championship...they need guys who will perform now, not 2nd rounders.
KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by KM44 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 8:18 pm

Noc is a SF and the best player coming back for the cavs, who are looking to win right now. I could have sworn they had a SF already... Maybe im mistaken
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by bcortell » Thu Aug 6, 2009 9:16 pm

Cavs decline.
perezident
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by perezident » Thu Aug 6, 2009 9:44 pm

KM44 wrote:Noc is a SF and the best player coming back for the cavs, who are looking to win right now. I could have sworn they had a SF already... Maybe im mistaken

:o WTF is your point?? This post doesnt even make anysense! What is it you are trying to say :lol: So because they have James they don't need a backup?

Well if you're implying that Noc is redundant for the Cavs then yes you are mistaken.

Noc is no step down or decline to their roster. Noc is an upgrade at the backup SF spot. He gives them more of a diverse wing rotation. YES they lose big z, but by no stretch of the imagination is Noc some dead weight who cant help them "win now" as oppose to Big Z.

As someone said, Big Z is WELL into his prime and with Shaq there his role really will decline to some extent.

This trade maybe off alot but it has some merit.

KM44
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by KM44 » Thu Aug 6, 2009 10:37 pm

perezident wrote:
KM44 wrote:Noc is a SF and the best player coming back for the cavs, who are looking to win right now. I could have sworn they had a SF already... Maybe im mistaken

:o WTF is your point?? This post doesnt even make anysense! What is it you are trying to say :lol: So because they have James they don't need a backup?

Well if you're implying that Noc is redundant for the Cavs then yes you are mistaken.

Noc is no step down or decline to their roster. Noc is an upgrade at the backup SF spot. He gives them more of a diverse wing rotation. YES they lose big z, but by no stretch of the imagination is Noc some dead weight who cant help them "win now" as oppose to Big Z.

As someone said, Big Z is WELL into his prime and with Shaq there his role really will decline to some extent.

This trade maybe off alot but it has some merit.

You are absolutely correct in the part I bolded, but why on God's green earth would they want to get a backup to Lebron who is owed more money than half of the cavs roster? OH, and I left out the two guys that they just signed this offseason- Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker- two guys who PLAY THE FRIKIN SF!!!!

Once again, your idea is right, the cavs could use a better backup SF, but you are off your rocker if you think they're willing to take on that kind of money to do so.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
rjgraca
Head Coach
And1: 43

Post#10 » by rjgraca » Thu Aug 6, 2009 10:41 pm

So the CAVs give up contributers for Noc when the CAVs just signed Anthony Parker with better stats for a third of what NOC makes. For the Benefit of NOC the CAVs take on all that Salary cap dead weight including a big bonus in Thomas. :roll:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#11 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Aug 6, 2009 11:17 pm

I don't think that the Cavs would want to take on Nocioni under any circumstances. He's way overpaid and it's longer than we'd like.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Ticket_Stub
Senior

Post#12 » by Ticket_Stub » Thu Aug 6, 2009 11:55 pm

perezident wrote:Boobie is in there because, if a deal like this were to go down, or even be plausable, Cle would most certainly want Boobie and his contract to be gone as well.

But I don't think they want Big Z gone and I don't think they want Nocioni's contract
J-Slim wrote:Raptors Trade:
Chris Bosh

Raptors Get:
Kevin Garnett
Rajon Rondo

Modern Art
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/art/sp ... mpshot.jpg
OhioKingsFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#13 » by OhioKingsFan » Fri Aug 7, 2009 12:36 pm

I'm a Kings fan. I don't see ANY reason for the Cavs to do this. LeBron is going to play every single minute he can in a game, no matter how good the back up is. Nocioni is way too expensive to back up LeBron James for 10 minutes a night.

Return to Trades and Transactions