Gsw/Orl- never before seen...

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Gsw/Orl- never before seen... 

Post#1 » by why22 » Sat Oct 3, 2009 4:09 am

to gsw: a. johnson, l.johnson, jj reddick, anderson, orl 1st

to orlando: s-jax

the warriors get cap relief and a solid prospect for jackson who is disgruntled and long term salary

jackson would not be a distraction in orlando. he wants to play in florida and wants to win. orlando gets another option on their already stacked offence
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Gsw/Orl- never before seen... 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sat Oct 3, 2009 4:22 am

Reason its never been seen is because the W's have 15 guaranteed contracts right now. I'm not even sure who Anderson is, but this would have to be a 3 way with whichever team can take that many contracts.

And the only way GS would do it is future 1sts, not 2010 1sts.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#3 » by old rem » Sat Oct 3, 2009 4:39 am

It's Ryan Anderson, 6-10 PF out of Cal. He'd be the Warriors main incentive. A late #1 is not big but come draft day there's a guy...rather like Anderson, who always is there as a pretty solid player,but not big upside. If it's possible to trim the Orl package...skip a Johnson or Orl takes back A Law or George...might be better,but GSW, I guess could buy out/waive some of these and some of Claxton-George, maybe send Law elsewhere for a future pick. So....I'd do it. Some scenarios GSW sends Jack for a big name expiring who's one and done and there's nothing gained,others,some long term crap is in it. here.....GSW has to pay off the excess scrubs but gets a player and a pick that would add good depth. Reddick or AJ might be of some actual use. I like it. Get it done.

For Orlando? They were close. a few backups and a low pick? Hell yeah. Jack has to be managed. With the Magic...there is no doubt who is the top dog, so Jack won't feel he has to go high risk, can be more efficient. What he can do on D would be a plus as well.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#4 » by old rem » Sat Oct 3, 2009 4:46 am

i don't see why GSW would prefer future firsts to 2010. first. The Magic pick is going to be rather late either way and sooner is better than later.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#5 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 3, 2009 4:59 am

Yeah, I like Anderson, a 1st and salary cap relief, but we have guaranteed contracts already so no dice.

Rework it with another team involved and it may work.
old rem
RealGM

Post#6 » by old rem » Sat Oct 3, 2009 5:37 am

Pre-season,there's some flex. George, Claxton, I johnson (whoever he is) are very expendable. Law, Reddick,A Johnson....semi-usable and Reddick or Law might be swapped off for a rd 2 or something.
There isn't an excess of buy out junk...and that's balanced by the long run loss of S Jack's salary.

A third team would want to suck some value out of their role and we probably get no benefit...aside from something like Law or Reddick for a low pick or both for a slightly better player in a 2 for 1.
George sucks. I Johnson, L (Linton?) Johnson...whoever....not needed. The hangup on Speedy is the idea he may still qualify for insurance to pay most of his $. A Johnson + Law....it will be hard finding minutes for either. reddick...MAYBE we get lucky, he can shoot. It would probably take an injury before he got minutes.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#7 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 3, 2009 5:59 am

Rem, your gonna get an ulcer one day from breaking down trades and their value, please, take it easy dude........:cheesygrin:
old rem
RealGM

Post#8 » by old rem » Sat Oct 3, 2009 1:45 pm

Coxy wrote:Rem, your gonna get an ulcer one day from breaking down trades and their value, please, take it easy dude........:cheesygrin:

True. I should go fishing more.
CENSORED... No comment.
DrunkOnMystery
Starter
And1: 0

Post#9 » by DrunkOnMystery » Sat Oct 3, 2009 2:45 pm

Orlando isn't going to give up 4 players to get Jackson with the deal he's on, much less give up a 1st to do so.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#10 » by FNQ » Sat Oct 3, 2009 8:10 pm

old rem wrote:
Coxy wrote:Rem, your gonna get an ulcer one day from breaking down trades and their value, please, take it easy dude........:cheesygrin:

True. I should go fishing more.

You've had 13 of the past 14 years to go with the Warriors...

Value wise, I like it, especially with a FUTURE 1st. Future, because the Magic are looking very strong now, and because its simply a better asset than their current 1st, which as of a month ago, was worth CJ Watson.

Rebuilding teams LOVE future 1sts because of their unpredictability.. like how the Jazz have the rights to the Knicks 1st right now, most likely... how the Suns had the Hawks 1st.. etc etc. Its like a lotto ticket.

Anderson fits with the team, but creates even more of a glut at PF as well. Lots of things make the actual trade unrealistic, but value-wise? Fine with me
Doddage
Veteran
And1: 1,852

Post#11 » by Doddage » Sat Oct 3, 2009 9:18 pm

DrunkOnMystery wrote:Orlando isn't going to give up 4 players to get Jackson with the deal he's on, much less give up a 1st to do so.

This. The reason the Golden State camp is saying that they're not interested in trading Jackson is because no other team cares to take on that kind of salary. The only way they would is if they had a salary of comparable length. Jackson's value will be the highest in four, maybe three, more years.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#12 » by Scorpion King » Sat Oct 3, 2009 9:39 pm

Not sure if Magic can afford the salary. Jackson wont be happy coming of the bench. They have to keep playing lewis at pf an carter at sg in order for this to work. He is also a chucker and a head case I can see him getting in to heated debates with SVG. He might also teach D12 some bad habits.
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#13 » by killacalijatt » Sun Oct 4, 2009 7:56 pm

Scorpion King wrote:Not sure if Magic can afford the salary. Jackson wont be happy coming of the bench. They have to keep playing lewis at pf an carter at sg in order for this to work. He is also a chucker and a head case I can see him getting in to heated debates with SVG. He might also teach D12 some bad habits.

or he can push them over the top like San Antonio,
Sjax as the 3rd or 4th option is money in the bank

Nelson
Carter
Sjax
Lewis
DWight

God Damn thats one hella of a lineup

Return to Trades and Transactions