charlotte/ny/portland

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,454

Re: charlotte/ny/portland 

Post#21 » by Myth » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 am

This is probably the worst trade I've seen somebody propose for Portland and be serious. So due to our lack of big men at the moment, we should make it so we have a hole every other position?
clydewally
Junior
And1: 8

Post#22 » by clydewally » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Trade would actually fill a long term hole they have even when healthy at SF (Diaw), while adding two bigs that might make them competitive this year. But if Bayless has been playing that well lately, I agree with Agenda42 as to what Portland ought to shop. Maybe Philadelphia for Dalembert (or even Brand) is possible (though it is tough to make the salaries match--I assume they would not want Miller and his two year contract back).
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Post#23 » by Diop » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Have you seen Diaw play this year? I wouldn't be targetting him to fill the SF spot.
SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#24 » by SalemStoner » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Since this is such a clusterf*ck to read, I'm going to make sure I'm reading it right before responding properly. What I see from a POR perspective is this...

Out: Fernandez, Outlaw + either (Andre Miller) OR (Steve Blake + Jerryd Bayless) + cap filler(Howard, Cunningham, Pendergraph)
In: Diaw and Diop

Let's see here, taking on Diop's long term commitment for a shot season doesn't seem very bright to me.
Trading valuable youth(Fernandez, perhaps Bayless) for Diaw might make sense... if we still had title hopes this year - which newsflash here, we don't - and even if we DID, this trade would not even come close to putting us there given the talent we'd be sending out is greater albeit less healthy than the talent we'd be getting back. The hilarious thing is how absolutely horrific this trade is for POR long term, we're stuck with about 15mil of Diaw and Diop for the next 3 years, and then get the pleasure of paying Diop for another year and 7.5mil after that - which would only make sense if we actually though Diop would make a decent C here long term... and frankly we have 2 Cs on the roster we like a lot more... they just happen to be injured... which brings us back to why the **** are you trying to encourage a win-now move on a team who's season is shot? It's baffling really...
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Sachmo wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Sachmo wrote:Charlotte would not be ecstatic to trade Diop/Nazr for Curry.

Yes, Diop is useless, but Nazr has been playing well this year and has an important role.
While Curry is still useless.

And to say Diop is not much less productive than Pryz is absolutely ridiculous. Pryz is good at rebounding and blocking shots.

Diop might be good at lifting heavy things, might be, but thats about his limit.

Diop's contract is worse than Curry's. Nazr isn't a world beater enough to matter in the long term plans of the Bobcats. If they can move Diop's nasty 4 year deal for anything it's worth giving up Mohammed.

Cap Space means very little to the Bobcats, we don't attract free agents. The front office is dedicated to trying to make the playoffs for the first time and the Jackson move showed they are willing to pay for it.

As sad as it may sound, Nazr is the best big we have had this season. He is easily out performing Chandler and Diaw, so if we trade him we are going to need a servicable big in return. Not Curry, trading Nazr/Chandler for Curry would seriously dent our chances to make the playoffs.
This is what is most important to the Bobcats at this time.

Curry's actually in shape to play (just not fitting in with D'Antoni's higher tempo game). And Curry has his best season under Brown. He's close friends with Tyson Chandler and the two would compliment each other well (as someone said, if you could actually combine Curry and Chandler into one player you'd have something.

As far as not attracting FA's? Why wouldn't it? Charlotte is not a small dull city. It's vibrant, it's cosmopolitan. Great people, great food, nice weather. It's in a basketball hotspot.

Return to Trades and Transactions