Tor/NY - Bosh S&T

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Tor/NY - Bosh S&T 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 am

I posted this in the wrong forum yesterday and asked for a mod to move it, but the thread died before it could happen so I'll make another here with some extra modifications because I really like the idea

Next summer Lebron tells NY he'll only sign there if they get Bosh.

So Toronto and NY do

NY gets:
Chris Bosh (S&T)
Jose Calderon

Toronto gets:
Danillo Gallinari
Jordan Hill
Eddy Curry
Jared Jeffries

Then Lebron signs immediately after

Why for NY? They trade Gallo and Hill for a Lebron/Bosh combo. No brainer. Calderon fits right as the PG Lebron needs to play with, and I believe NY would have some capspace after this deal as well to fill out their lineup to win right now

Why for Toronto? Dealing Bosh to a division rival is tough but if the alternative is him bolting straight up to Miami, this is an excellent deal. We get two good prospects in Gallo and Hill and dump Calderon's contract.

The original deal was Gallo/Curry/Jeffries for Bosh, but I figured since the Knicks would take 0.0000001 seconds to accept that (assuming Lebron agreed to sign after), then they'd be willing to give up a bit more ie. Hill, taking Calderon, etc.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,007

Re: Tor/NY - Bosh S&T 

Post#2 » by Rockazoids » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am

Then NY would tell Lebron to tell Bosh to STFU & take the MLE for 1 year we are keeping
Gallo.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Walid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#3 » by Walid » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:51 am

No we are keeping Gallo!
swirsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#4 » by swirsk » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:26 am

While this helps us out in getting some value out of the situation, I personally couldn't stomach essentially giving the Knicks both Bosh AND LeBron.

You have to remember, there's always the possibility of a sign and trade to a team that doesn't have the capspace for Bosh. There could very well be a team out there that Bosh would be willing to go to that would be preferable for us in terms of not creating a relatively young powerhouse.

For instance, we could try to arrange something with San Antonio. Something could be worked out around Jefferson's $15 mill 2011 expiring, DeJuan Blair and picks. If Bosh was willing, and I think he would be, it would make much more sense for us to do that.
formerly known as Swirsky4PM
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#5 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:58 am

id respectfully pass

not an awful idea though at all.. id just much prefer even gallo/hill/lee + bron over calderon/bosh/bron (this is ofcourse assuming bron wants to play here in the first place) and also wouldnt be tied up longterm with calderon (who i like alot but id much prefer the capspace)

good thread though creative idea
gochi
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by gochi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 am

were gonna need something more if you are giving us the contracts of curry/jefferies.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#7 » by McFurious1 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:05 am

If I'm Toronto Lee would have to be coming back.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#8 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:09 am

gochi wrote:were gonna need something more if you are giving us the contracts of curry/jefferies.

even though i said i wouldnt do it from the nyk standpoint, ill just play the other side for a minute..

jj and curry expire after next season, so it isnt like they are albatross contracts and you are free longterm from jose's (which its all that bad in itself cause hes pretty good) but talking financially

hill was picked 8th, gallo 6th, the past 2 years.. one looks like a stud prospect, one is raw and wont be ready for at east a year.. but thats two early/mid lotto picks coming in

curry and jj to me are no diff than expirings to toronto since i dont see them making a splash in 2010 regardless, i mean they are moving bosh (a huge 2010 fa), who are they gonna bring in? amare? that wouldnt make sense.. joe johnson? dont see it unless they want more mediocrity.. you know wade and bron arent going there.. so curry and jj will just be expiring contracts to them after summer 2010, that extra year means nothing to a team not in on the 2010 sweepstakes

correct me if im wrong on toronto not being active in 2010 summer even if they moved bosh/calderon.. i mean they are moving the 3rd best player available in 2010 in bosh himself, why move him and go for a lesser guy (imo) like joe johnson or amare?

this trade would give em 2 guys on a rookie contrtact, one who contributes now with high upside, one who is at least another season away from being a regular in my mind, and massive cap relief for 2011 FA.. i think they may end up doing something like this, just not with the knicks, though im sure teams would be wary of trading for bosh if they dont absolutely think hes gonna resign with them
gochi
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by gochi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:26 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
gochi wrote:were gonna need something more if you are giving us the contracts of curry/jefferies.

even though i said i wouldnt do it from the nyk standpoint, ill just play the other side for a minute..

jj and curry expire after next season, so it isnt like they are albatross contracts and you are free longterm from jose's (which its all that bad in itself cause hes pretty good) but talking financially

hill was picked 8th, gallo 6th, the past 2 years.. one looks like a stud prospect, one is raw and wont be ready for at east a year.. but thats two early/mid lotto picks coming in

curry and jj to me are no diff than expirings to toronto since i dont see them making a splash in 2010 regardless, i mean they are moving bosh (a huge 2010 fa), who are they gonna bring in? amare? that wouldnt make sense.. joe johnson? dont see it unless they want more mediocrity.. you know wade and bron arent going there.. so curry and jj will just be expiring contracts to them after summer 2010, that extra year means nothing to a team not in on the 2010 sweepstakes

correct me if im wrong on toronto not being active in 2010 summer even if they moved bosh/calderon.. i mean they are moving the 3rd best player available in 2010 in bosh himself, why move him and go for a lesser guy (imo) like joe johnson or amare?

this trade would give em 2 guys on a rookie contrtact, one who contributes now with high upside, one who is at least another season away from being a regular in my mind, and massive cap relief for 2011 FA.. i think they may end up doing something like this, just not with the knicks, though im sure teams would be wary of trading for bosh if they dont absolutely think hes gonna resign with them

all valid points, and i agree. however, everybody knows NY wants to acquire 2 max FA, and TOR realizes that. with that said, they will ask for more pieces simply because they know new york wants to get rid of them no matter what.

i have a feeling, ny will not benefit in any trade because every other team knows their desperation to get rid of curry/jefferies for cap space, so they will want more because they know NY will give w.e. it takes.
raptorsfan_04
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by raptorsfan_04 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:16 am

If it was a S&T I think Toronto might do this but for NYK fans to say no? ...
Knick fans have a unholy boner for Gallinari... you're getting back the guy who might be the key in bringing Lebron to the city as well as a solid point guard... saying no to

Calderon/ Duhon
Chandler/ Hughes
Bron/ ?
CB4/ ?
David Lee/ ?

Wow... hopefully Walsh is smarter than all of you.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#11 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:24 am

raptorsfan_04 wrote:If it was a S&T I think Toronto might do this but for NYK fans to say no? ...
Knick fans have a unholy boner for Gallinari... you're getting back the guy who might be the key in bringing Lebron to the city as well as a solid point guard... saying no to

Calderon/ Duhon
Chandler/ Hughes
Bron/ ?
CB4/ ?
David Lee/ ?

Wow... hopefully Walsh is smarter than all of you.

david lee is gone if this happened..

lee, gallinari, hill + 2011 capspace > bosh + calderon and his longterm deal

you make this trade, and just between bron, bosh, calderon, douglas, chandler (five players) you have 46mill in guaranteed contracts, that will increase when chandler is due for his 2nd contract.. so call it 50mill+ guaranteed longterm(as in, THROUGH 2011, 2012+ as well), for 5 guys..

you dont make this deal, you could easily worst case scenario use chandler to shed jj, that alone gets you two max (9 mill off the cap), and thats worst case cause theyd be idiots to use chandler to rid of jj.. but still the situation absolutely sh*ts on yours..

yours is like i said "bron, bosh, calderon, douglas, chandler (five players) you have 46mill in guaranteed contracts, that will increase when chandler is due for his 2nd contract.. so call it 50mill+ guaranteed longterm(as in, THROUGH 2011, 2012+ as well), for 5 guys.." (so no gallo, no lee, no hill, and no capspace after the 2 max)

the one i just said using chandler to shed jj (again i wouldnt do it):

bosh+bron 2010 via FA (~34mill), gallo + hill still on the roster taking up 6mill combined + douglas 1mill + eddy in 2010 would be ~53mill, and then for 2011 after eddy expires, about 41mill being taken up by the core players(obviously add a few mill to fill the roster, which youd have to do in the 1st scenario as well)..

bosh,bron,gallo (who we just picked 6th),hill (who we just picked 8th), douglas, and roughly 13+mill in 2011 capspace > your idea of bosh,bron,calderon,douglas,chandler and literally no capspace other than minimums to fill the roster for the entirety or calderon's contract (through 2012-2013) aka no flexibility

so speak for yourself, dont tell knick fans whats best for them, and really, dont hype up your players as if the raptors arent a below average team as well.. not to mention, those 2 guys' defense (or should i say lack of defense) is a large reason the raptors are 14 and 17 and not well over .500, cause they have the talent to be at worst the 5th seed in the east yet they fail to play any sort of defense..
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#12 » by Relentless88 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:03 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:id respectfully pass

not an awful idea though at all.. id just much prefer even gallo/hill/lee + bron over calderon/bosh/bron (this is ofcourse assuming bron wants to play here in the first place) and also wouldnt be tied up longterm with calderon (who i like alot but id much prefer the capspace)

You got to be kidding...

NY has to take this deal. Bosh + LeBron, you just can't pass up on. Galinari might be good, but Jordan Hill is far from anything special.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#13 » by bringinhinkie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:31 am

Relentless88 wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:id respectfully pass

You got to be kidding...

NY has to take this deal. Bosh + LeBron, you just can't pass up on. Galinari might be good, but Jordan Hill is far from anything special.

i just clearly explained why i wouldnt do it.. try scrolling up like 4 inches and reading instead of coming in here with that "you gotta be kidding i cant believe you dont want our superstars off our crap team" bullsh*t
Harry10
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#14 » by Harry10 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Raptors would wet themselves if they could get Bosh to do a SnT and get some half decent talent in exchange for Bosh, instead of him just getting max and signing somewhere else and getting nothing.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:43 pm

uh huh......obviously Curry or Jeffries has to be replaced with a S+T Lee,or some asset. Curry/Jeffries are obviously major minus value...killing a lot of what NYK sends. Calderon's value is a matter of opinion. He has some + and some - including a rather beefy contract. However.....contract or not...he PLAYS and Eddy/Jeffries sit.
CENSORED... No comment.
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#16 » by miruss2001 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:49 pm

McFurious1 wrote:If I'm Toronto Lee would have to be coming back.

Completely agree.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,099

Post#17 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:06 pm

I am of the belief that Bosh is leaving Toronto. If NY wants to rid themselves of those contracts they can use the pieces in this trade to move Curry and Jeffries without taking Calderon who while exponentially more productive than Curry and Jeffries, is not really what NY is looking for in a Jeffries Curry trade. They would probably rather take their chances on getting Bosh this summer.
-Ducky-
Starter
And1: 6

Post#18 » by -Ducky- » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:20 pm

I would rather have Lee at 10 mil than Bosh at Max.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,007

Post#19 » by Rockazoids » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:47 pm

old rem wrote:

uh huh......obviously Curry or Jeffries has to be replaced with a S+T Lee,or some asset. Curry/Jeffries are obviously major minus value...killing a lot of what NYK sends. Calderon's value is a matter of opinion. He has some + and some - including a rather beefy contract. However.....contract or not...he PLAYS and Eddy/Jeffries sit.

However Mr Rem you are worng, Jeffries plays about 23 to 24 MPG.Thats at his career avg.
He is a part of there good play of late for NY.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,187

Post#20 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:11 pm

If I am Toronto I would ask for Lee + Danilo for Bosh as a starter.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry

Return to Trades and Transactions