Clippers get T-Mac, Rockets improve, Thunder get their C

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Clippers get T-Mac, Rockets improve, Thunder get their C 

Post#1 » by Telfaire » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Rockets trade T-Mac, Cook for Camby, Rasual Butler, Etan Thomas:

They trade two guys who are useless for them right now, for at least two rotation guys. Camby could complement the undersized Landry pretty well off the bench. Butler adds depth at swingman positions. Thomas bought out?

Clippers trade Kaman, Camby, Butler for T-Mac and Krstic:

They clear more capspace for 2010 while aquiring a big name in T-Mac, who might resign if he fits well. Krstic could complement Griffin for now. Go after Shaq in the summer, to try generating buzz in LA and contending next season. Could also aquire Hinrich for pure capspace. Possible 2010 lineup:
Davis-Gordon-McGrady-Griffin-Shaq, with Hinrich, Thornton and Krstic off the bench.

Thunder trade Thomas, Krstic for Kaman and Cook:

Get the center they need, and wont find with their late/non-lottery pick, or the FA's pool.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Re: Clippers get T-Mac, Rockets improve, Thunder get their C 

Post#2 » by shagadelic45 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 pm

looks pretty good....but i'd like to see LAC send out Telfair as well, get back Harpring's insured deal from OKC and the PHX #1
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#3 » by Telfaire » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:47 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:looks pretty good....but i'd like to see LAC send out Telfair as well, get back Harpring's insured deal from OKC and the PHX #1

The other teams wont have any need for Telfair. I thought getting rid of Kaman's contract was a goal for you? not to mention you get a young, talented center and a big name. Maybe OKC would add the Suns' pick, though. Both teams mightn't be too wild about this pick, eating at their capspace.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#4 » by Det the Threat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Essentially the Clippers downgrade from Kaman to Krstic just to save some money and throw away this season as well, as McGready's still playing on one leg.

I'm sorry, but the Clippers laugh at this one and easily decline.

That cap space won't net us a better center then Kaman(Shaq does not qualify, nor does he create buzz anymore) and wouldn't at all, help with free agents, who want to play for a team with some good pieces already being there.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#5 » by Mich3006 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Not sure that the Clippers will trade both Centers...If they do, this deals would work in my opinion
jgustav1
Analyst
And1: 21

Post#6 » by jgustav1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Not sure that the Clippers will trade both Centers...If they do, this deals would work in my opinion

The Clippers would not trade both centers or even one of them with what they are getting back here. If the Clippers want to look at McGrady it will be after the season in free agency, they won't assume his contract during this season. Kaman isn't going to be traded like this in a salary dump deal for more cap space.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#7 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Telfaire wrote:Etan Thomas & Nenad Krstic for Chris Kaman & Brian Cook

In my opinion this trade idea is the most legit for the notSonics I've seen on this board recently even if I think the players will be a little different. I actually think we'd offer the Clips more. I'll post another thread with my proposed version.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Clip34life
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#8 » by Clip34life » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:26 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:

In my opinion this trade idea is the most legit for the notSonics I've seen on this board recently even if I think the players will be a little different. I actually think we'd offer the Clips more. I'll post another thread with my proposed version.

It's legit because it's grossly unbalanced in your favor.
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#9 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Clip34life wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:

It's legit because it's grossly unbalanced in your favor.

Ya, but what I meant was the idea of Kaman to the notSonics. See my other thread.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
citizen bob
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#10 » by citizen bob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:38 pm

I still can't figure why the Thunder are involved in this trade. I think they add another level of complexity - not to mention that they give up pretty much nothing to get their hands on one of the best Centers in the league.

If Houston would be willing to send McGrady for a combination of Camby, Kaman, Butler, Telfair, Smith and/or Novak then lets pull the trigger. Surely Etan Thomas is not the missing piece to make this trade work. If Houston want both Camby and Kaman they will need to send over another big man but only if they take both our centers. Plus theycould trade Kaman next year if he and Yao dont work out and Camby decides that he no longer wants to live in Texas (He has a home there so I think he would be the keeper).

McGrady would be welcomed in LA - if only to dilute the Kobe fever over here.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#11 » by KiDdFrESh » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:42 pm

I just don't see the Clippers trading both of their centers. Wouldn't they just be taking another step backwards?
Clip34life
Analyst

Post#12 » by Clip34life » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:25 pm

KiDdFrESh wrote:I just don't see the Clippers trading both of their centers. Wouldn't they just be taking another step backwards?

If we get McGrady and one of Landry/Scola back in return it's worth it. Well I guess we'd also want Kyle Lowry but I'm sure Rockets fans would say that's asking too much. Which it very well might be.
I really like 1840s merchant vessels. Basketball on the other hand, I can take it or leave it...
citizen bob
Banned User

Post#13 » by citizen bob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Personally, I would prefer to trade Kaman and keep Camby. We just don't need to have major point production from our Center position - especially if we get McGrady and once Griffin gets back. What we need is solid defence and rebounding. Kaman is too easy an option and due to the lack of basketball savvy on our team - that ultimately means Kaman shoots almost every shot. This works great when Shaq is you Center but not so well with Kaman.

I would be willing to make reasonable sacrifices if the prize was McGrady.
Clip34life
Analyst

Post#14 » by Clip34life » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:30 pm

citizen bob wrote:Personally, I would prefer to trade Kaman and keep Camby. We just don't need to have major point production from our Center position - especially if we get McGrady and once Griffin gets back. What we need is solid defence and rebounding. Kaman is too easy an option and due to the lack of basketball savvy on our team - that ultimately means Kaman shoots almost every shot. This works great when Shaq is you Center but not so well with Kaman.

I would be willing to make reasonable sacrifices if the prize was McGrady.

Before we get McGrady we need to hire a good medical staff.
citizen bob
Banned User

Post#15 » by citizen bob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Clip34life wrote:

Maybe getting McGrady will force us to hire new training staff. Whether we get McGrady or not, we still need to fire those jokers and get guys with PhD's like every other professional sports franchise in America.

I think Jason Powell and Elgin Baylor have many things in common. Being the lowest paid in their respective divisions does not get us quality. Stirling needs to do a Baylor on Powell IMHO.
Clip34life
Analyst

Post#16 » by Clip34life » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:36 pm

citizen bob wrote:
Clip34life wrote:

Maybe getting McGrady will force us to hire new training staff. Whether we get McGrady or not, we still need to fire those jokers and get guys with PhD's like every other professional sports franchise in America.

I think Jason Powell and Elgin Baylor have many things in common. Being the lowest paid in their respective divisions does not get us quality. Stirling needs to do a Baylor on Powell IMHO.

Agreed. He'll never be a winner until he pays like one.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#17 » by Det the Threat » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 pm

KiDdFrESh wrote:I just don't see the Clippers trading both of their centers. Wouldn't they just be taking another step backwards?

Absolutely.
That's why they wouldn't trade both of them and i really can't see them trading Kaman at all right now.
Camby, on the other hand, might very well be available at this years trading deadline.

BTW: If we'd be trying to shed some salary and trade for the huge gamble that is McGready, we'd try to trade Davis(together with Camby) and not Kaman to the Rockets.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#18 » by sipclip » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:23 pm

If we want McGrady then we can just go after him as a free agent while keeping our 20-10 center. To trade any actually assets for McGrady with the purpose of creating max capspace is just stupid. No superstar is going to sign with the clips so it would basically giving away talent for nothing.

Return to Trades and Transactions