TOR/DET/POR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Re: TOR/DET/POR 

Post#21 » by Piston Pete » Wed Jan 6, 2010 9:42 pm

Sorry, not interested in dealing youngins like Stuckey+Daye for DeRozan and expirings....

The only Stuckey deal I'd like would be one where we get a C also on his rookie-scale contract....
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#22 » by princeofpalace » Wed Jan 6, 2010 9:47 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Sorry, not interested in dealing youngins like Stuckey+Daye for DeRozan and expirings....

The only Stuckey deal I'd like would be one where we get a C also on his rookie-scale contract....

I'm with you Pete. I wouldn't have any interest in dealing Stuck for a package like that but I would be interested in something like this

Pistons out: Rip, Daye
Pistons in: Expirings, DeRozan

Toronto in; Rip, Daye
Toronto out: Jose, DeRozan

3rd team in: Jose
3rd team out: Expirings

But I'm not sure that Jose could fetch expirings but I really like Austin. He is still a year or two away from being a major contributor but his offensive potential is still very good, his shot is going to be unguardable he just needs to get stronger. Its embarrassing how much impact even the slightest contact has on him.
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#23 » by RTM » Wed Jan 6, 2010 10:07 pm

The original deal is pretty bad for Portland. I don't think they'd consider it.

And none of these follow-up Raptor proposals are too enticing either.
whatchaknow
Analyst
And1: 716

Post#24 » by whatchaknow » Wed Jan 6, 2010 10:38 pm

I just want to know how long you can consider keep considering someone a "promising prospect"? This is what four or five years and Amir has shown absolutely nothing. At least Travis is a prooven comodity
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#25 » by Piston Pete » Wed Jan 6, 2010 10:57 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:would the pistons do one expiring this year and one expiring contract next year for rip?

What kind of deal did you have in mind?
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#26 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 11:05 pm

Piston Pete wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:would the pistons do one expiring this year and one expiring contract next year for rip?

What kind of deal did you have in mind?

I had Sasha + Morrison + 2010 Second Round Pick (Lakers) going to you for Rip. Saves you 7 million next year and then you have Sasha + Prince + Wilcox in 2011 as expiring contracts.

Also i like the OP deal what about taking the pick out? Would that make each team do it?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
NBAMAN2006
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#27 » by NBAMAN2006 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:21 am

I would rather have Penderaph than Amir, so its pretty clear what I think of this deal.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#28 » by Master Shake » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:54 am

I haven't seen anything remotely close to attractive coming back to Detroit in any deals. Ok, a late first, yay.

I laugh at Stuckey + Daye for Calderon + Derozan + any pieces toronto has, pieces means crap in realgm language. Seriously, LOL.

Derozan and Daye are practically a wash, Derozan and Daye have practically had the same impact on the court this season, Derozan plays a few more minutes tho... 5 and 7 points a game respectively, and Derozan starts...

Realgm hates Pistons players... always have. Because nobody on the team has ever really put up big numbers...
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,847

Post#29 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 2:22 am

I have no idea why Portland would be in this deal for they are looking for a center
and nobody in this deal can play center.
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#30 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Thu Jan 7, 2010 4:39 am

TOR takes it and run.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...

Return to Trades and Transactions