Raptors / 76ers / Rockets: If Iggy for T-Mac Rumors Are True

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Re: Raptors / 76ers / Rockets: If Iggy for T-Mac Rumors Are True 

Post#21 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:06 am

Well rumors are the 76ers are packing Iggy to move Dalembert OR Brand for T-Mac. So i thought add Scola, just brings more value back to rationalize it to their fans.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#22 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:29 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Well rumors are the 76ers are packing Iggy to move Dalembert OR Brand for T-Mac. So i thought add Scola, just brings more value back to rationalize it to their fans.

Yeah I feel for the Sixers fans and this is form a Timberwolves fan. I think the only way to get the fans behind it is to call it what it is a course correction.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#23 » by LarsV8 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:i think this is more than fair for Houston. Brooks and Scola basically for Bosh and Calderon. Its actually way in their favor, would Philly do it though?

Yea and then what happens when Bosh leaves in the offseason and Houston loses Brooks and Scola. Atleast we have a broke down Calderon and his bloated deal.

Morey made it clear they werent moving McGrady in the Toronto deal so your stuck with your bad contracts.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#24 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 am

LarsV8 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:i think this is more than fair for Houston. Brooks and Scola basically for Bosh and Calderon. Its actually way in their favor, would Philly do it though?

Yea and then what happens when Bosh leaves in the offseason and Houston loses Brooks and Scola. Atleast we have a broke down Calderon and his bloated deal.

Morey made it clear they werent moving McGrady in the Toronto deal so your stuck with your bad contracts.

Bosh would leave Houston? Really now. His home town + the extra year (which no superstar has ever turned down max money) + Rockets being a contender.

Calderon/Lowry/Second Round Pick
Battier/2010 1st Round Pick/Taylor
Ariza/MLE/Budinger
Bosh/Landry
Yao/Anderson/Hayes

Dont see any reason why he would leave that.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#25 » by LarsV8 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 am

Fantasy depth charts are nice...but what if he does?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#26 » by Foshan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:04 am

SO_MONEY wrote: Philly is just flat out bad and they have contract issues it is just going to be easier for them to start over and build around their young talent. You still have Brand left to move but I don't know what would need to be paired with him but sixers fans wouldn't like it that is for sure.

Philadelphia has contract "issues" but Iggy is not one of them, and our biggest "issue" isn't being moved in this deal. This team is bad because the players are not the greatest fit together, the coach does not begin to scratch the surface of competent use of those players in anyway, and his general philosophy concerning his rotations and defense are so abysmal its no longer funny.

If Philly wants to right the ship:
- Fire EFJ in the off-season
- Sammy is playing well enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he could be moved for a 6M exp +6M '11 exp.
- Brand is slowly returning to the player he was. If he doesn't work with a competent coach next year, I bet he could be moved for '11 expiring.

If those things are done, we move into the following summer, what is left from Dally/Brand trades expire/Kapono/Green expire, still with Iggy in his prime(and our only long term large commitment), Young/Speights/Holiday all having gotten their sea legs, plus a very good pick from '10 and possibly '11. In a season and a half we are in significantly better position than we are now, AND than we would be if we did this trade.

IF these type of returns are what is realistic in an Iggy/Dally deal, we are better of being patient.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#27 » by red96 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:

Bosh would leave Houston? Really now. His home town + the extra year (which no superstar has ever turned down max money) + Rockets being a contender.

Calderon/Lowry/Second Round Pick
Battier/2010 1st Round Pick/Taylor
Ariza/MLE/Budinger
Bosh/Landry
Yao/Anderson/Hayes

Dont see any reason why he would leave that.
I get what your saying Rapsobsessed, and I agree with you. I think its a deal houston would deeply consider. But I'd do the trade with PHI over the 1 with an expiring Bosh. In the PHI trade HOU takes no risks while keeping its cheap talent intact.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"

Return to Trades and Transactions