HUGE blockbuster: NOH-DAL-PHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Sebzor
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

HUGE blockbuster: NOH-DAL-PHI 

Post#1 » by Sebzor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 pm

NOH: E. Okafor
-for: E. Dampier/2010 2nd POR (from DAL)
DAL: E. Dampier/J. Howard/M. Carroll/D. Gooden/J. Barea/2010 2nd POR/future 1st
-for: E. Okafor/E. Brand/A. Igoudala
PHI: E. Brand/A. Igoudala
-for: J. Howard/M. Carroll/D. Gooden/J. Barea/future 1st DAL

NOH: shorter contract save money to rebuild around paul-west
DAL: lock 'n load for championship (Kidd/Beaubois/Terry/Marion/Igoudala/Nowitzki/Brand/Okafor)
PHI: shorter contracts and get rid of Brand, Barea would be a nice PG fit for the next year and a future 1st
"So, the caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon as a shark, with a gun for a mouth."
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
Fojin
Sophomore
And1: 9

Re: HUGE blockbuster: NOH-DAL-PHI 

Post#2 » by Fojin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Where do the Mavs sign?

I don't think that the Hornets or Sixers would be interested, though. Maybe if they were both in severe financial trouble, but even then... I don't think so.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,614

Post#3 » by Slacktard » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:34 pm

I think if the Mavs were willing to take on that many long-term contracts they'd be better off cutting out New Orleans and just dealing with Philly. Dalembert will give them the same performance that Okafor has been delivering (when he's no longer a #1/#2 option on a team like he was in Charlotte we've seen what his production has fallen to in NO), plus Dalembert is a true center who would match up better defensively in the playoffs for Dallas.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#4 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Slacktard wrote:I think if the Mavs were willing to take on that many long-term contracts they'd be better off cutting out New Orleans and just dealing with Philly. Dalembert will give them the same performance that Okafor has been delivering (when he's no longer a #1/#2 option on a team like he was in Charlotte we've seen what his production has fallen to in NO), plus Dalembert is a true center who would match up better defensively in the playoffs for Dallas.

This. NOH doesn't belong in this deal.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
sixerbond
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by sixerbond » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Philly totally laughs at this. I mean EVERY single player we are giving up are way better than the " TRASH " that Dallas is giving. I mean Howard is worthless. Can't shoot at all. Is a classless, Racist scumbag, and is overpaid. The rest from Dallas is pure trash as stated. And Philly does not consider Brand overpaid. He is just not being used correctly. When played over 35 minutes,,,22 Pts, 12 rebounds and 3 to 4 Blocks a game is standard. THAT is a top-5 NBA PF in the league Freinds. Forgetting the fact that Iggy is a top-10 NBA talent. If the Mavs toss in 3 more 1st rounders, and Dirk, then maybe, MAYBE Philly might stop laughing at the Mavs. But until then.. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:16 pm

DAL apologizes. We didn't really your players were so incredible, and we cower at their affordability as well. You should just keep them, and Stern can mail you the championship rings to save time and embarrassment for the rest of the league that has to face the mighty, might Sixers.
-- Steve Martin
sixerbond
Banned User

Post#7 » by sixerbond » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:25 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:DAL apologizes. We didn't really your players were so incredible, and we cower at their affordability as well. You should just keep them, and Stern can mail you the championship rings to save time and embarrassment for the rest of the league that has to face the mighty, might Sixers.

Man, maybe you should just concentrate on learning to spell correctly, and learn how to structure a sentence. I mean YIKES!
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#8 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Nice burn. Show me two words I mis-spelled (I grant you the second "mightY"), or how I failed to structure a sentence correctly.
-- Steve Martin
johnwall
Banned User

Post#9 » by johnwall » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:23 pm

sixerbond wrote:Philly totally laughs at this. I mean EVERY single player we are giving up are way better than the " TRASH " that Dallas is giving. I mean Howard is worthless. Can't shoot at all. Is a classless, Racist scumbag, and is overpaid. The rest from Dallas is pure trash as stated. And Philly does not consider Brand overpaid. He is just not being used correctly. When played over 35 minutes,,,22 Pts, 12 rebounds and 3 to 4 Blocks a game is standard. THAT is a top-5 NBA PF in the league Freinds. Forgetting the fact that Iggy is a top-10 NBA talent. If the Mavs toss in 3 more 1st rounders, and Dirk, then maybe, MAYBE Philly might stop laughing at the Mavs. But until then.. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

elton brand is not just overpaid, he is grossly overpaid, and as far as iggy goes, he is averaging 18 points on 42% shooting and is still owed 50 plus million dollars, thats a bad contract. people always overvalue their players, but being the best player on one of the worst teams in the nba is nothing special. with all the talent the sixers have in your opinion, y did u just lose like 13 straight? your tied for the 2nd worst record in the nba lol.
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#10 » by doctor him » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:46 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:DAL apologizes. We didn't really your players were so incredible, and we cower at their affordability as well. You should just keep them, and Stern can mail you the championship rings to save time and embarrassment for the rest of the league that has to face the mighty, might Sixers.

Wow...now if we could drop the sarcasm, I'd appreciate it.

Yes...Brand is overpaid. Productive but overpaid. Exactly how many 15 point low post scorers are on the trade market these days? Iguodala is is slightly overpaid. To reference another post...you don't just judge a player on his shooting percentage and scoring average.

Teams that do that end up like...well...like the Mavericks. Exactly how many titles have been won by that crew anyway?

Yes...Brand and Iguodala both make a very good wage. But...I watched the Mavs-Sixers game last night and I can see that crew isn't going to get it done. Limited defense and ZERO low post game.

We get that our Sixers are terrible. But the Mavs are every bit as much of pretenders as the Sixers.
johnwall
Banned User

Post#11 » by johnwall » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 am

doctor him wrote:

Yes...Brand is overpaid. Productive but overpaid. Exactly how many 15 point low post scorers are on the trade market these days? Iguodala is is slightly overpaid. To reference another post...you don't just judge a player on his shooting percentage and scoring average.

Teams that do that end up like...well...like the Mavericks. Exactly how many titles have been won by that crew anyway?

Yes...Brand and Iguodala both make a very good wage. But...I watched the Mavs-Sixers game last night and I can see that crew isn't going to get it done. Limited defense and ZERO low post game.

We get that our Sixers are terrible. But the Mavs are every bit as much of pretenders as the Sixers.

maybe the mavs are pretenders when it comes to the title, but philly is pretending to be an nba team. that franchise should uproot and move. and as far as elton brand go, i dont know if u are watching old clippers film, but the one that plays for your team is a injury prone brokedown jump shooter. its ;aughable to think any player of one of the worst teams in the nba upgrades the mavs. hell, we could add your entire roster and i still dont think we would win the title. a team with no top 10 player at their respective position is basically worthless
doctor him
Assistant Coach
And1: 421

Post#12 » by doctor him » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:29 pm

johnwall wrote:
doctor him wrote:

maybe the mavs are pretenders when it comes to the title, but philly is pretending to be an nba team. that franchise should uproot and move. and as far as elton brand go, i dont know if u are watching old clippers film, but the one that plays for your team is a injury prone brokedown jump shooter. its ;aughable to think any player of one of the worst teams in the nba upgrades the mavs. hell, we could add your entire roster and i still dont think we would win the title. a team with no top 10 player at their respective position is basically worthless

Actually we have the worst coach in the NBA. There is actual talent on the roster as most people who know basketball can attest to.

And yes...I know it's petty and cheap, but my bottom tier NBA franchise did beat your squad Friday.

The reason why you team will NEVER win is because they are a finesse team. There is a less kind way to say it, but when it comes to the playoffs the Lakers, Spurs, Nuggets and Jazz will once again "punk" the Mavs.

And I get why Brand in particular isn't a player in demand. He makes too much money. No argument there. He's playing well and has been for months, but that's beside the point.

Let's say you don't get a Brand, because he makes too much money. Tell me what big is out there who can score from the post and has enough beef to make the Mavs less of a bunch of...kittens? Give me a name of someone that you can realistically get without giving up something of real value.
johnwall
Banned User

Post#13 » by johnwall » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:38 pm

we are a finesse team, but u name the lakers, spurs, and jazz...... yea, they have a bunch of tough nose players on their teams. duncan, kobe, and boozer are really thugs. once again, i dont know what elton brand u been watching, but everybody on this board knows he is nothing of which u portray him as, he is basically a mle talent trapped in an 80 million dollar contract. and coaching doesnt mean much in this league if u have talent. maybe its good for 3-5 more wins a season. your lousy franchise would still be at the bottom. they draft terrible, make terrible trades, and give up too much money to average players. its not just coaching. they need to clean house and start over from scratch.
your_dallas_mavericks
Starter
And1: 5

Post#14 » by your_dallas_mavericks » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Sebzor wrote:NOH: E. Okafor
-for: E. Dampier/2010 2nd POR (from DAL)
DAL: E. Dampier/J. Howard/M. Carroll/D. Gooden/J. Barea/2010 2nd POR/future 1st
-for: E. Okafor/E. Brand/A. Igoudala
PHI: E. Brand/A. Igoudala
-for: J. Howard/M. Carroll/D. Gooden/J. Barea/future 1st DAL

NOH: shorter contract save money to rebuild around paul-west
DAL: lock 'n load for championship (Kidd/Beaubois/Terry/Marion/Igoudala/Nowitzki/Brand/Okafor)
PHI: shorter contracts and get rid of Brand, Barea would be a nice PG fit for the next year and a future 1st

I like this a lot for the Mavs but I doubt the Hornets are interested and that the Sixers would want to take on Carroll's contract. A Dallas 1st doesn't mean a lot these days.
If we could just close games with Luka, Kyrie, Green, Maxi, and Wood that'd be great...

Return to Trades and Transactions