Philly - Minnesota

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: Philly - Minnesota 

Post#21 » by loserX » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Slum_Dillinger wrote:The point I think he is making is even if we cant sign a top tier FA (and really, this theory is getting kinda old fast on these boards) we will still have cap space to facilitate trades so why overpay for a guy who's market value has been as an Expiring?

Since when has Iguodala's market value been an expiring? If the rumours are true, and I assume we're talking about the Houston rumour, it's been Iguodala plus bad contracts for an expiring. Would Minny rather give up picks or take back bad contracts? Either answer might work but I personally don't think the OP is overpaying at all.
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: Philly - Minnesota 

Post#22 » by john2jer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm sure something can be worked out that involves either just Iggy or Dally tacked on for some combination of Sessions, Hollins, expirings, and/or Utah/Char 1sts. I'd be up for anything that doesn't involve Jefferson/Love/Rubio/Flynn/Our 1st. Brewer I'd rather not trade, but he's not a deal breaker. Maybe Pekovic would be an attractive option for Philly?

76ers give: Iggy, Dally, and Carney(to keep under roster max)
Wolves give: Blount, Cardinal, Sessions, and Wilkins

76ers clear 21.3mil for 2010, leaving them with roughly $10mil under the cap for their draft pick and free agency. The trade likely improves their 2010 draft pick as well. Wolves can add in the Char/Utah and/or Pekovic, but I think something more would have to come back. Maybe a pick swap of the Wolves pick and Philly pick, with top 1 protection on it, in case the lottery causes the Philly pick to jump to 2 or 3 and bump the Wolves down?

/rambling
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?

Return to Trades and Transactions