NY/MIL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: NY/MIL 

Post#21 » by Mecca » Fri Feb 5, 2010 9:21 pm

New York says ''Child please.''
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Swammy
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Swammy » Fri Feb 5, 2010 10:04 pm

Terrible trade for NY. Just listen to Rockazoids
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#23 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Feb 5, 2010 10:07 pm

Rockazoids wrote:If there is a hard cap then the max FA cost would go down also right?

I have no idea how it would be set up nor does anyone really.. I don't think.
Even more reason to not to count on 2011 for max FA #2.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,007

Post#24 » by Rockazoids » Fri Feb 5, 2010 10:20 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:If there is a hard cap then the max FA cost would go down also right?

How so? A max FA might cost just 10-12M in 2011/12
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,603

Post#25 » by bishnykfan » Sat Feb 6, 2010 12:16 am

Trader_Joe wrote:
bishnykfan wrote:Knicks are not going to consider moving Chandler just to get rid of JJ. It would be great to rid themselves of Jeffries, but no way at Chandler's expense. Maybe they would move Hill, but even that may not happen. There is no reason to do this. Worst case scenario is the Knicks can sign one max FA, resign Lee, and wait a year and let Curry and JJ expire or look to trade them as large expirings for a player that is not wanted by their current team. They would not move Chandler in a deal like this.

Plus what kind of team would you have with six or seven minimum salary guys. NY would more then likely still not be able to get two max FA's after a deal like this. NY says no.

When and why did Chandler's stock seemingly rise so much?
To me he's the same player we saw the end of his rookie season when he started getting PT.. he's just evolved as expected if you ask me.

I just don't see how:
JJ + Chandler > $9m cap space

Meanwhile I think it's dangerous to bank on 2011.
-All NY's contracts will be going up
-They will add any picks to their payroll
-They would not be able to add any contracts in 2010 that go beyond next season, other than 1 max one.
-The cap could shrink again
-There could be a lock-out or hard cap that prevents them from signing anyone in 2011

Chandler is a 22 year old 6'8 SF who plays defense and has gotten better every year. He shoots a high percentage and rebounds pretty well. He is simply to good to throw in just to save $6+M. And to say that :

JJ+Chandler is not > $9M cap space

is flawed logic. Yes moving JJ would be great and if there was any way to move him for an expiring contract, which maybe unlikely, they would do it IMO. But Chandler is a good contract, saving money on his contract doesn't help the Knicks, it hurts them. Should the Knicks move Chandler to save $6.8M? I think you will find most people that watch Chandler play will say no pretty easily.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:45 pm

bishnykfan wrote:
Chandler is a 22 year old 6'8 SF who plays defense and has gotten better every year. He shoots a high percentage and rebounds pretty well. He is simply to good to throw in just to save $6+M. And to say that :

JJ+Chandler is not > $9M cap space

is flawed logic. Yes moving JJ would be great and if there was any way to move him for an expiring contract, which maybe unlikely, they would do it IMO. But Chandler is a good contract, saving money on his contract doesn't help the Knicks, it hurts them. Should the Knicks move Chandler to save $6.8M? I think you will find most people that watch Chandler play will say no pretty easily.

I remember watching NY summer league Chandler's rookie year and knowing he was going to be a good player, and by the end of his rookie year, IT was finally giving him minutes to show what he can do. (FYI.. I've followed the Knicks since the late 80's and I know what I'm talking about)

And for you to say he is a 22yo getting better, really doesn't say much. Should a 22 year old be getting worse? He's progressing as expected. His play IMO is not any better than last season, or what I thought it would be. He's finally shooting a better %, but he also has a more defined role and a better team.

And, you can't separate JJ's $7m next season from Chandler's $2m. If they are going together it is a combined $9m in 2010 cap space.
That's why:
$9m cap sapce > JJ + Chandler.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Feb 6, 2010 5:46 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:

How so? A max FA might cost just 10-12M in 2011/12

Might as in you don't know what a max contract would cost, or what the salary cap could be?
Me either.

Return to Trades and Transactions