Wash/Tor

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Toronto Realtor
Sophomore
And1: 1

Wash/Tor 

Post#1 » by Toronto Realtor » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:24 pm

Amir, Belinelli, Cash

For

Haywood

Toronto - bring in a sold big defender that can grab some boards. Provides missing ingredient come playoff time. Also keeps him away from some of the other teams in the East :)

Washington - trade Haywoods expiring for couple young guys, test out Amir and get Beli who sticks around for another year with mostly upside given small contract. Get the max cash allowed in order to save some money.
mjchabby
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Wash/Tor 

Post#2 » by mjchabby » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:30 pm

a) raptors want to spend money, not save it, expirings mean little to them and would rather get talent
b) this trade is very unbalanced haywood aint that good, beli and amir are two young prospects with potential to take the next step
c) they have reggie evans for the big defender that can grab boards, he is back tmrw night

killing your dreams one word at a time
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#3 » by Zarko » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:30 pm

Toronto says no.

Now if Bosh leaves next season, I would just sign Haywood.

Bellinelli is one of two options off the bench for offense, and hes CHEAP. Amir is also 22 and showing signs of a great role player. Trading all that for a center off the bench rental... no thanks.
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by yungal07 » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:34 pm

Hell no. This accomplishes absolutely nothing for the Wiz and Amir Johnson is terrible.
Toronto Realtor
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Toronto Realtor » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:37 pm

Zarko wrote:Toronto says no.

Now if Bosh leaves next season, I would just sign Haywood.

Bellinelli is one of two options off the bench for offense, and hes CHEAP. Amir is also 22 and showing signs of a great role player. Trading all that for a center off the bench rental... no thanks.

With the recent emergence of Weems and Wright now hitting shots I am not too concerned about Beli's inconsistency, as I expect him not to see any court time come playoffs.

Amir I think will want too much money in the offseason, go getting a rental that can D up and rebound and change our defensive presence I think is work it. I would do this easily if I am the raps.
Toronto Realtor
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Toronto Realtor » Tue Feb 9, 2010 8:47 pm

mjchabby wrote:a) raptors want to spend money, not save it, expirings mean little to them and would rather get talent
b) this trade is very unbalanced haywood aint that good, beli and amir are two young prospects with potential to take the next step
c) they have reggie evans for the big defender that can grab boards, he is back tmrw night

killing your dreams one word at a time

It will be great to have Evans energy and ball grabbing - but I would prefer the extra 2 blocks, 5 boards that Haywood brings, at a height where he can D up centres. Evans coming back I think makes up for Amir going out.

If Bosh does leave - having Haywood make a playoff run and get tested out beside Bargs can only be a good thing.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#7 » by sca » Tue Feb 9, 2010 9:14 pm

yungal07 wrote:Hell no. This accomplishes absolutely nothing for the Wiz and Amir Johnson is terrible.

How's Amir Johnson terrible? He's been anything but terrible.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#8 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Feb 9, 2010 9:24 pm

Amir has been a nice surprise off the bench this season, and he is 23. Belli for his issues provides a little something out of the two spot we would miss.

While I like Haywood, I don't think we would be able to retain him at the end of the season so I would rather have the cash and Beli at a minimum next year.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#9 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Feb 9, 2010 9:34 pm

is Washington looking to get under the tax this year at all costs?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#10 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Feb 9, 2010 9:51 pm

Id offer Johnson, O'Bryant, 2010 Clippers 2nd pick pick from and $1 million cash for Haywood and McGuire.

Washington saves on luxury tax by a few million. Toronto has Evans coming back who can take Amir's minutes and Haywood can come off the bench in the playoffs to provide more defense a rebounding down low to help Toronto get out of the 1st round.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#11 » by Avenger » Tue Feb 9, 2010 9:56 pm

ScaLoPhobiA wrote:
yungal07 wrote:Hell no. This accomplishes absolutely nothing for the Wiz and Amir Johnson is terrible.

How's Amir Johnson terrible? He's been anything but terrible.

Don't worry, he's just a troll who loves attacking the Raptors for no reason, he doesn't have an ounce of basketball knowledge.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#12 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 9, 2010 10:02 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:is Washington looking to get under the tax this year at all costs?

Why, are trying to buy their soul? I'm sure they'd love to get under, but no. The last I heard, they're somewhere around 5 mil over this year, and they'd love to trim that, but there are limits.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Toronto Realtor
Sophomore

Post#13 » by Toronto Realtor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Other than those who think Amir is terrible - I would like to know what WASH fans think of this deal
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#14 » by The Duke » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

I don't really have that much of a problem with this deal... tho I dont think Toronto needs to include any cash.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#15 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:51 pm

take out Belinelli. Washington is discussing Butler + Haywood for Harrinton + Filler essentially so clearly what they are asking for Haywood has dropped, i would offer this if im Toronto and if Washington accepts thats up to them but this would be my offer.

Amir Johnson
Patrick O'Byrant
Raptors 2010 2nd
Cash (3 million)

for

Brendan Haywood.

Jack/Calderon/Banks
Derozan/Belinelli
Hedo/Wright/Weems
Bosh/Evans
Bargnani/Haywood/Nesterovic
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#16 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm

I wouldn't give up Amir for Haywood.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by The Duke » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:03 pm

I would....
Toronto Realtor
Sophomore

Post#18 » by Toronto Realtor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Amir for Haywood is a no brainer - as much as the Raps dislike Defense and rebounding. Again, with Evans coming back the importance of Amir goes down big time.

If the Raps could get Obsessed's deal BC would jump on it.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by The Duke » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:14 pm

People need to realize.. that Evans is not that good... Amir is a bit better but still nothing big... but in the grand scheme of things they are both 5 minute playing time playes in the playoffs and nothing more.

Haywood is a much better player then either of Evans and Amir and would get 15mins
Joe Buddy
Pro Prospect
And1: 163

Post#20 » by Joe Buddy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 pm

So why not just try and sign Haywood next year?

Return to Trades and Transactions