Chicago / LA Lakers / San Antonio

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Chicago / LA Lakers / San Antonio 

Post#1 » by Karmaloop » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Chicago Bulls Get:
PG Jordan Farmar
SG Roger Mason Jr.
SF Adam Morrison
2010 1st Round Pick (via San Antonio)

Los Angeles Lakers Get:
PG Kirk Hinrich
PF Antonio McDyess

San Antonio Spurs Get:
SG Sasha Vujacic
PF Tyrus Thomas

Side Deal
DJ Mbenga is dealt to Chicago for a TPE.

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR CHICAGO?

This is a near ideal package for the Bulls, they get to unload Kirk Hinrich's deal and the malconent Tyrus Thomas in one deal where they receive cap savings as well as a first round pick. Roger Mason Jr. and Jordan Farmar can provide valuable minutes with their expiring contracts. This deal helps them attract more free agents, because the Bulls will have more cap room.

PG: Derrick Rose / Jordan Farmar / Lindsey Hunter
SG: Roger Mason Jr. / Janero Pargo / Devin Brown
SF: Luol Deng / John Salmons / Adam Morrison
PF: Joakim Noah / Taj Gibson / James Johnson
C: Brad Miller / DJ Mbenga / Jerome James

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE LAKERS?

The Lakers have long been a rumored destination for Kirk Hinrich and this deal bring Kirk to Los Angeles. This looks a lot like the rumored LAL-CHI-POR offer that was shot down recently, so the Lakers shouldn't really have any major beef in this deal. The Lakers add on about a million in salary, which isn't a major issue that could easily be fixed by someone sending cash to them if need be. The Lakers also pick up Antonio McDyess, a veteran big man who is slightly overpaid, to add depth to their bench.

PG: Kirk Hinrich / Derek Fisher
SG: Kobe Bryant / Shannon Brown
SF: Ron Artest / Luke Walton
PF: Pau Gasol / Lamar Odom / Josh Powell
C: Andrew Bynum / Antonio McDyess

WHY IT COULD WORK FOR THE SPURS?

Supposedly the Spurs are looking for ways to net Tyrus Thomas and move Antonio McDyess and this deal does just that. They do have to take back Sasha Vujacic, but teams aren't going to be able to just shed bad contracts like they might have been able to in the past. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

PG: Tony Parker / George Hill
SG: Keith Boggans / Manu Ginobili / Sasha Vujacic / Malik Hairston
SF: Richard Jefferson / Michael Finley
PF: Tyrus Thomas / Matt Bonner / Ian Mahinimi
C: Tim Duncan / DeJuan Blair / Theo Ratliff
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Re: Chicago / LA Lakers / San Antonio 

Post#2 » by Leto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Its a great idea, I just don't think the Bulls would do it because we can't afford to lose Tyrus with Joakim and Taj hurt and Brad also hobbling around.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#3 » by N.O.R.E. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 pm

In the Lakers incoming you put Adam Morrison, I suspect you meant McDyess?

I think the Bulls consider this if they could pull off the Salmons for Reddick, AJ, filler deal.
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#4 » by Karmaloop » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 pm

N.O.R.E. wrote:In the Lakers incoming you put Adam Morrison, I suspect you meant McDyess?

Good catch, I did mean Antonio McDyess. As for the other deal, I'd be very surprised if Chicago felt the need to move Salmons with Hinrich's deal off the books. They just need to move at least one of them to get a max free agent offer.
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#5 » by ss1986v2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 pm

why move dice and then take on vuj? doesnt that defeat the purpose of moving dices contract to free up cash for a possible thomas contract offer this summer? and they give up a 1st in the process? trade seems doa.
Stupidity Should be Painful!
Karmaloop
General Manager

Post#6 » by Karmaloop » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:01 am

ss1986v2 wrote:why move dice and then take on vuj? doesnt that defeat the purpose of moving dices contract to free up cash for a possible thomas contract offer this summer? and they give up a 1st in the process? trade seems doa.

Take it from me, no one is going to give up an expiring contract for Antonio McDyess. The first round pick is more for the trade of Tyrus Thomas since the rate is supposedly expiring contracts and a first round pick. And let's say they pass on that deal, there is no guarantee that Tyrus Thomas will come here. And Tim Duncan isn't getting any younger after all.
CDM88
Banned User

Post#7 » by CDM88 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 am

random much?
ss1986v2
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by ss1986v2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 am

Karmaloop wrote:
ss1986v2 wrote:why move dice and then take on vuj? doesnt that defeat the purpose of moving dices contract to free up cash for a possible thomas contract offer this summer? and they give up a 1st in the process? trade seems doa.

Take it from me, no one is going to give up an expiring contract for Antonio McDyess. The first round pick is more for the trade of Tyrus Thomas since the rate is supposedly expiring contracts and a first round pick. And let's say they pass on that deal, there is no guarantee that Tyrus Thomas will come here. And Tim Duncan isn't getting any younger after all.

still, why trade dice for vuj? it doesnt accomplish anything (aside from making the lakers better). why not cut la out and offer mason+1st for tyrus?
Stupidity Should be Painful!
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#9 » by warren weel im » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 am

Lakers aren't trading Sasha + Ammo for HInrich much less so add McDyess in the fold.

LA is poor, stop dumping salary onto us :))))))
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#10 » by boogydown » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:15 am

warren weel im wrote:Lakers aren't trading Sasha + Ammo for HInrich

Source? or is that just your Opinion?

I think I'll trust the 2 dozen or so rumor sources over you.
hoops_32
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#11 » by hoops_32 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 am

Lakers are also trading Farmar by the way.
I think that all teams benefit from this deal.
joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#12 » by joe.linnen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:18 am

Well I like this trade a lot for every team, more so for the Bulls and Spurs than the Lakers. Thomas would be a nice player to pair up next to Duncan. Mason Jr. would play well next to Rose and they get a nice back up in Farmar. The Lakers get their poin guard. I guess everybody would be happy with this.....

Return to Trades and Transactions