OKC Goes For Contention

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

why22
Analyst
And1: 16

OKC Goes For Contention 

Post#1 » by why22 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 1:01 am

okc outgoing:
jeff green
nenad kristic

okc incoming:
troy murphy
emeka okafor

No outgoing:
emeka okafor
peja stojakovic
# 12 pick

No incoming:
jeff green
nenad kristic

indiana outgoing:
troy murphy

indiana incoming:
peja stojakovic

the thunder pick up a legit front court to add to durant westbrook and harden to make themselves a force in the west. still maintain space for 2011 to extend durant

the hornets pick up a guy who plays well as wing who is still young and dump considerable amounts of salary

the pacers get an extra pick to help rebuild the team

sign tracy mcgrady to the MLE

okafor/collison
murphy/ibaka
durant/thabo
tmac/harden
westbrook/maynor
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,059

Re: OKC Goes For Contention 

Post#2 » by slick_watts » Thu Mar 4, 2010 1:18 am

I really hate Okafor's contract. This is a good idea from OKC's perspective and talent wise, but they won't have the $$$ to extend Murphy, mostly because of Okafor's gargantuan deal. So after 2010-2011 Murphy's gone and all we have to show for Jeff Green is Okafor? I dunno.
why22
Analyst

Post#3 » by why22 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 1:20 am

slick_watts wrote:I really hate Okafor's contract. This is a good idea from OKC's perspective and talent wise, but they won't have the $$$ to extend Murphy, mostly because of Okafor's gargantuan deal. So after 2010-2011 Murphy's gone and all we have to show for Jeff Green is Okafor? I dunno.

i dunno i dont see murphy getting upwards of the MLE with all the uncertainty of the cap and all

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,094

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 1:39 am

Value is solid all around and I think Murph and Ok4 are the kind of pieces that should warrant jeff green leaving but I understand watts uncertainty considering Murphy's expiring status. To come out of that deal with Okafor's big contract and Murphy either leaving or getting big $$$ would be bad for OKC. But I think that it is a move that should be made if it is on the table.
coolness
Analyst
And1: 303

Post#5 » by coolness » Thu Mar 4, 2010 2:16 am

Extend Durant and Green together. Or Durant and Murph together.

If y'all can't take in Okafor to get better, then I wonder if you ever get better. Not saying OKC should for sure take it. Maybe so and they could get another piece thrown in. Like get the 12th pick for Weaver, White, Mullins and 2nd's. Maybe they send out Harden for future 1st's to get a money breather.
why22
Analyst

Post#6 » by why22 » Thu Mar 4, 2010 2:24 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Value is solid all around and I think Murph and Ok4 are the kind of pieces that should warrant jeff green leaving but I understand watts uncertainty considering Murphy's expiring status. To come out of that deal with Okafor's big contract and Murphy either leaving or getting big $$$ would be bad for OKC. But I think that it is a move that should be made if it is on the table.

wat is big money for murphy gonna be,,, unless he puts up 18 and 10 which he wont i cant see him getting more then 5 years 30 million

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#7 » by DLeagueAllStars » Thu Mar 4, 2010 3:23 am

He would get more than 5 and 30.. I still could see it closer to 5 and 40... The fact that he will spread the floor, rebound and still score at a good enough clip will get him that much money

Return to Trades and Transactions