Want Some Extra 2010 Cap Space?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Re: Want Some Extra 2010 Cap Space? 

Post#21 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

spectre_ wrote:
shrink wrote:Are lux teams out there looking to get cap space?

If MIN was going to make a trade, I suspect they'd be mainly looking for a 2011 expiring rather than a longterm commitment. Promising prospects or upgrades to their picks (17, 25) might help quell fans who were expecting a big splash in free agency. Ideas?

We have Nazr's expiring in 2011 (6,883,800) that I'd love to move for space. He's also actually producing (don't the Wolves need a C?) with a PER of 20.6, tho in only 17 mpg.

I don't know what CHA really has to offer to get raw cap space for Nazr. You've traded away your picks, and the rookies don't seem to fit. Maybe if you traded someone else to a third team, you could get pieces to encourage a Nazr-for-cap-space trade.
shrink
RealGM

Post#22 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:Post Draft

To LA
Kirk Hinrich

To Minnesota
Sasha Vujacic
Adam Morrison (One year, 2 million)
James Johnson
Chicago #1 2011

To Chicago
Ramon Sessions

Bulls gain nearly 7 million in cap space. Minnesota gets JJ+First for one year of 7.5 million dollar deals, LA gets their PG in Kirk while moving Sasha, a deal they like.

I like it for the Lakers, and CHI gets a steal, but this is more than I'd pay for MIN. With $25.5 mil in cap space, that CHI 1st is a pick #20-something prospect, and not much more could be said about James Johnson. MIN isn't rushing to move Sessions with his nice contract. At a minimum, the future CHA 1st should be in there.
shrink
RealGM

Post#23 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 pm

john2jer wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:^

Good question. I'm thinking of a deal like this:

IND: Foster/Price/#5 for Harris/#25

MIN: (Gomes)/#17/#25 for Foster/Humphries/#5

NJN: Harris/Humphries for Price/#17

Indy gets a franchise PG. Minny gets bigman depth and consolidates picks to move into the mid-lotto. New Jersey sheds enough capspace to go after two max FAs. My fellow Nets fans may feel I'm selling Devin short, and I may; but I am doing my best to make the deal fair for all sides.

That trade doesn't work. Minnesota can't take back that much salary until after July 1st, and by then the draft is over and Gomes loses his value as an unguaranteed contract, since he needs to be cut before June 30th.

Also Humphries would have to accept the player option before this trade would go down.

Now, assuming it was somehow legit, I'd do this trade. It's basically shedding a bit of salary from 2011 and on, due to Gomes, and buying a chance to move up in the draft. That is of course if Indy had the 5th pick. They're currently at 8th, a half game from 9th, and a game from 10th. That makes it much different. Decent size gap between the 5th and 10th pick.

Good posts. I'd point out though that many cap-space trades involving Gomes can be done by waiting, if the team receiving him was going to cut him for cap space anyway. MIN cuts him ahead of time for that space, and they make the trade later using the space. Its slightly worse for MIN, since they have the smattering of guaranteed dollars to cover, but cash handles it. I like the balance of this deal
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#24 » by nate33 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:18 pm

I suspect the Wizards are in the same boat as Minny. We have a lot of money, a minimal chance at a top tier free agent, and would like to generate some value with all this cap room.

Indiana and New Orleans seem like the best trading partners for such a deal. Both teams are cash-strapped; they're at or above the luxtax, and they have some 2011 contracts that Minnesota/Washington could absorb without hurting their long term fiscal plans.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#25 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:06 pm

nate33 wrote:I suspect the Wizards are in the same boat as Minny. We have a lot of money, a minimal chance at a top tier free agent, and would like to generate some value with all this cap room.

Indiana and New Orleans seem like the best trading partners for such a deal. Both teams are cash-strapped; they're at or above the luxtax, and they have some 2011 contracts that Minnesota/Washington could absorb without hurting their long term fiscal plans.

here's a question, during the month of june, what are the cap numbers?? still from 09 010 season or are the FA already off the books. If in june we are still going around the 09 010 numers than here's an idea(ASSUME REDD WILL BE INSURED ALL SEASON)

Redd/11th pick
for
Blache/howard/oberto
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#26 » by WiscoKing13 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 pm

also to minn fans( posted this before) gadz/3mil/11th pick for 17th pick??
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
Lord Leoshes
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#27 » by Lord Leoshes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:58 am

john2jer wrote:Lord Leo, should we toss in a lap dance from Jessica Alba, a house in the Caymans, and a Rolex too?

1. Wolves can't trade their 2011.
2. No way is a 2011 unprotected first worth a couple 2010 mid-firsts and having to take on salary for you.

I will definitely take Jessica in a heart beat, but if you can cash in the House in the Caymans, & the Rolex for me i would really appreciate it thank you very much. :D

check out the 2nd one i put, so you can understand why i went so high on the offer.
joe.linnen
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by joe.linnen » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:09 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:Post Draft

To LA
Kirk Hinrich

To Minnesota
Sasha Vujacic
Adam Morrison (One year, 2 million)
James Johnson
Chicago #1 2011

To Chicago
Ramon Sessions

Bulls gain nearly 7 million in cap space. Minnesota gets JJ+First for one year of 7.5 million dollar deals, LA gets their PG in Kirk while moving Sasha, a deal they like.

I like this one right here. I'm not to sure on how the Bulls feel about Johnson being traded and their first round as well. I love it for the Lakers. I really don't care for the Timberwolves or know how they feel about it either.

Lakers baby
SF:Artest/Walton/Green
PF:Gasol/Odom/Powell
C:Bynum/Mbenga
SG:Bryant/Brown/Crittenton
PG:Potter/Fisher/Foye
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#29 » by deviljets7 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:07 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:^

Good question. I'm thinking of a deal like this:

IND: Foster/Price/#5 for Harris/#25

MIN: (Gomes)/#17/#25 for Foster/Humphries/#5

NJN: Harris/Humphries for Price/#17

Indy gets a franchise PG. Minny gets bigman depth and consolidates picks to move into the mid-lotto. New Jersey sheds enough capspace to go after two max FAs. My fellow Nets fans may feel I'm selling Devin short, and I may; but I am doing my best to make the deal fair for all sides.

If Indy was willing to do a deal like that, there's no way I'm letting Minnesota get involved in this one.

I don't have a problem with giving up some assets for more cap space, but forfeiting a top 5 pick is just not worth it.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions