GSW/Indiana/NO

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

GSW/Indiana/NO 

Post#1 » by Rob Rowell » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm

GSW out: (3rd pick), Corey Maggette,
GSW in:Danny Granger, Ind 2011 1st(top 10 protected)
Ind out: Danny Granger, Tyler Hansbrough,2011 1st(top 10 protected)
Ind in: 3rd pick, Darren Collison, James Posey
NO out: Darren Collison, James Posey
NO in: Tyler Hansbough, Corey Maggette

GSW puts together a team that can be effective now and still keep their youth intact. Danny Granger brings another 1,2 option to pair with Monta.
Indiana decides to rebuild with 2 top pcks and a premiere young point guard. They also keep their 2011 cap space to go after free agents.
New Orleans upgrades from Posey to Maggette and picks up Hansbrough in the process to give them more beef in the paint.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: GSW/Indiana/NO 

Post#2 » by lakerhater » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Can't see NOH wanting any part of this.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#3 » by Coxy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Demarcus Cousins or Evan Turner and Corey Maggette for Danny Granger?? I don't think so.
Relentless88
RealGM

Post#4 » by Relentless88 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Doesn't make sense for New Orleans. They give up a real good rookie in Collison for a pretty terrible rookie in Handsborough. Then they also take on a worse contract than Posey's and their always trying to save money.

I don't like it for GSW either, I'd rather have that 3rd pick in this draft than Granger to be honest. I really like Wall, Turner, Cousins, and Favors.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 am

Granger is a great talent, no doubt. But his main value lies in his scoring ability, which is something we really don't need more of right now. I would rather take my chances on getting a big man like Cousins who can score in the paint and open up space for our guys on the perimeter.

I'd actually be really interested in doing something the other way...what about Monta for Ford and rights to Wes Johnson?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#6 » by TheNewEra » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 am

how many picks does it take from the Clipper to get Granger
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#7 » by don nelson » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:29 am

Relentless88 wrote:Doesn't make sense for New Orleans. They give up a real good rookie in Collison for a pretty terrible rookie in Handsborough. Then they also take on a worse contract than Posey's and their always trying to save money.

I don't like it for GSW either, I'd rather have that 3rd pick in this draft than Granger to be honest. I really like Wall, Turner, Cousins, and Favors.

+1
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#8 » by turk3d » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:31 am

Indiana's pick would have to be unprotected to even consider it imo.

If No is not planning to move Paul, then this might make sense for them but since I suspect they are (and keeping Collison) highly unlikely.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
DWCP2
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#9 » by DWCP2 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 am

It won't happen at all....

Granger to Indiana is like Pierce to Boston, the greatest players of all time built their legacies around one team, one location, never complaining and always giving their all regardless how the season turned out.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 am

Relentless88 wrote:Doesn't make sense for New Orleans. They give up a real good rookie in Collison for a pretty terrible rookie in Handsborough. Then they also take on a worse contract than Posey's and their always trying to save money.

?? Hansborough WILL be good,when he's healthy + playing. Collison, GOOD but I half expect his bubble to burst. Mags>>>>Posey now and beyond. Posey WAS good. He's already faded a lot, while Mags has never played better. The rather huge gap in the value of the picks..kills it for GSW, though it's kind of tempting. Were GSW getting Hansborough,sending Vlad + Hunter also...that I do.
CENSORED... No comment.
Relentless88
RealGM

Post#11 » by Relentless88 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:40 am

Okay Handsborough's not terrible, but I don't really like him. He's an undersized, and unathletic powerforward who in 30 games shot 36%. That is scary bad for a big, and he's 24 years old. That's like a year younger than Bosh, so I don't see him really having a high ceiling.

Could be wrong but I didn't like his potential in the NBA before the draft and I still don't. He is a phenomenal college player, but doesn't match up against the bigger, stronger and more athletic bigs in the NBA.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#12 » by DirtyDez » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:50 am

Coxy wrote:Demarcus Cousins or Evan Turner and Corey Maggette for Danny Granger?? I don't think so.

Man you're on the Cousins b-wagon hardcore. AR+Beads>Cousins with AR or Beads
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.

Return to Trades and Transactions