ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,135

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1661 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
insfo wrote:It better not be Gobert again. Give it to Wemby if you want, otherwise it needs to be Bam.

I thought this stuff was already decided really, like NBA does those straw polls but I thought they were with basically the same voters and it was Gobert by a wide margin. I just straight up assume it is Gobert. Didn't think there was even a mystery to it. I hope I'm wrong. Would love for him to be in the mix.

Yeah, from what it sounds like most are voting for the best defender on the best defense which is lazy way to vote. I think if you replace Gobert with Wemby or Bam Minnesota would be an even better defensive team and also much better offensively.

If you remember last year, J.Jackson Jr had that reddit post on getting a bump on his stats at home which was a compelling enough subject that the voters actually looked into it and with that were exposed to more of his game and probably received some recency bias by looking at so much of his defense vs watching the other defensive players as much. Bam needed something to push the voters to look at how good he really is on defense.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 35,890

Post#1662 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:21 pm

MartyConlonJr wrote:
insfo wrote:It better not be Gobert again. Give it to Wemby if you want, otherwise it needs to be Bam.

I thought this stuff was already decided really, like NBA does those straw polls but I thought they were with basically the same voters and it was Gobert by a wide margin. I just straight up assume it is Gobert. Didn't think there was even a mystery to it. I hope I'm wrong. Would love for him to be in the mix.

Yea it’s 100% Gobert, they gave it to him 3 weeks into the season pretty much
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1663 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter

HOF trajectory Daffy, get used to it
#FreeBam
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1664 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:50 pm

Go to 58:30 for the Heat vs Celtics talk on the newest Lowe Post podcast.

Some good insight on what Miami is doing on defense that I've not heard others talking about.

AirP.
RealGM

Post#1665 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1666 » by AirP. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,244

Post#1667 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

I see Amazon and ESPN…TNT is going to have to compete with NBC. I assume the NBA is just using leverage for TNT because they wouldn’t possibly be stupid enough to lose the Inside The NBA broadcasts.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,244

Post#1668 » by MorbidHEAT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is a great mentality to have and it’s a mentality that can keep him here effectively with Bam for a long time.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,367

Post#1669 » by Heat3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 pm

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

“one of the main homes for the league games”

As long as there is more than one I will use bootleg streams :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#1670 » by fishfuego. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I truly hope Bam can establish himself as a generational HOF. We need the Bam of last game every playoff game, and Heat nation will delightfully gather around him without any single doubt.

Do it Bam!
Let’s go!!!
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,595

Post#1671 » by fishfuego. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:41 pm

Heat3 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Superbox wink wink lol
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,152

Post#1672 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
Heat3 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

Superbox wink wink lol
i foresee a raise in costs for the user on prime subs because of this. is bad enough that they inserted ads while going a la cable mode with ppl having to pay up if they dont want the stupid adds :noway:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1673 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I truly hope Bam can establish himself as a generational HOF. We need the Bam of last game every playoff game, and Heat nation will delightfully gather around him without any single doubt.

Do it Bam!
Let’s go!!!

Unfortunately they won’t, they’ll just keep goal post moving. Those of us that know ball will respect it and give praise though.
#FreeBam
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,806

Post#1674 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is a great mentality to have and it’s a mentality that can keep him here effectively with Bam for a long time.

I'm confident that he's not long for Miami. The minute a legit star upgrade is available he's gone. (Hopefully Mitchell)
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,806

Post#1675 » by Daffy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol you really think I hate Bam. I don't. My biggest issue with him is his passive attitude offensively at times. It's not even about taking 20+ shots. Last game he took 13 shots but majority of them were "kill" shots. Basically him saying "nah we're not losing". That was perfect. That's another form of being aggressive. Anyways I'd love for him to be a hall of famer. I just want the best version of Bam all the time cause he can be that good. Like I said. I'll die on that hill with you that he's the best defender alive right now. I just want him to look for his shot more often.

Quick enough to beat bigger guys. Big and strong enough to play guys his size or smaller. He can be a mismatch most games if he sticks to his bag. Could have a Kawhi like impact....without the amount 3s Leonard takes.

I root for all our players. The only player on the squad I'd probably say in not too high on is Caleb. He has great moments but he has tooooooo many bone headed moments man. He does stuff at times this season that makes me go "what the **** dawg".
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1676 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lol you really think I hate Bam. I don't. My biggest issue with him is his passive attitude offensively at times. It's not even about taking 20+ shots. Last game he took 13 shots but majority of them were "kill" shots. Basically him saying "nah we're not losing". That was perfect. That's another form of being aggressive. Anyways I'd love for him to be a hall of famer. I just want the best version of Bam all the time cause he can be that good. Like I said. I'll die on that hill with you that he's the best defender alive right now. I just want him to look for his shot more often.

Quick enough to beat bigger guys. Big and strong enough to play guys his size or smaller. He can be a mismatch most games if he sticks to his bag. Could have a Kawhi like impact....without the amount 3s Leonard takes.

I root for all our players. The only player on the squad I'd probably say in not too high on is Caleb. He has great moments but he has tooooooo many bone headed moments man. He does stuff at times this season that makes me go "what the **** dawg".

Oh I know you don’t I’m just fuxking with you because you had a slick comment about my HOF take after the Sixers and Bulls games.

Hes getting off now because they’re guarding him in single coverage and not a soul on that team can guard him except Horford from time to time (he’s also the Embiid stopper so I know people make the jokes about him being old but he’s legit). If the Celtics start collapsing on every touch like the Sixers did and several teams started to over the course of the year he’s going to make the right play and find the open guys as opposed to shooting over 3 people. Thats just who he is and it’s backed by several deep playoff runs in his 5 years as a starter. You all will call it passive, in reality it’s just smart.
#FreeBam
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#1677 » by Pokuokic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 am

I said last season Stus/Gabe are minimum level players and you could replace them with rookie/Gleaguers and get probably the same production plus playmaking through the first 3 games of the playoffs looking mighty true. Giving either anything over 3-5mi per is idiotic.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1678 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:02 am

Read on Twitter

Bucks are cooked. It’s a damn shame we’re not healthy, we’d run through the East
#FreeBam
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 924

Post#1679 » by Pokuokic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm

With the way Twolves have cooked the Suns and Rudy actually not getting played off the floor in the playoffs so far he's a lock now to win imo. Unless the votes were made prior to all this. Not saying he deserves it but the optics are insanely good for him atm probably the best it will look.

Also with KD value at a all time low Miami got the salary (Herro/Rozier (they need a PG)) to make it happened also a young piece (one of JJJ or Jovic) and this years pick.......(not saying I would but you have to look at it if you want Jimmy/Bam to win one).

Also I had no idea PJ Washington was a master troll/agitator big respect he schooled the Clippers mentally and physically had half the team trying to fight him.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,821

Post#1680 » by marson » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 pm

Pokuokic wrote:With the way Twolves have cooked the Suns and Rudy actually not getting played off the floor in the playoffs so far he's a lock now to win imo. Unless the votes were made prior to all this. Not saying he deserves it but the optics are insanely good for him atm probably the best it will look.

Also with KD value at a all time low Miami got the salary (Herro/Rozier (they need a PG)) to make it happened also a young piece (one of JJJ or Jovic) and this years pick.......(not saying I would but you have to look at it if you want Jimmy/Bam to win one).

Ship has sailed. No more KD, Dame or LeBron pls, enough with the old guys and start building around the young core.

Return to Miami Heat