ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,548

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#1441 » by twix2500 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heat have inquired about Ingram in the past and from my understanding Butler name was requested. Doubt that is true now, but I have always been skeptical of Igram potential. I think Miami deos have the peices to get a deal done but can the Heat really build around a Igram and Bam core. Dispite what many on here think, the Heat have way more trade chips than they had last summer. Jovic and JJJ are HUGE trade chips. Those two impressed GMs a lot in the playoffs.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#1442 » by HeatFan_NC » Mon May 13, 2024 6:18 pm

Rozier/Herro/Jovic to Phoenix for KD and let's run it back with him, Jimmy, Bam, JJJ, and Delon as starting 5.

Bring Highsmith, Love, and Duncan off the bench
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,868

Post#1443 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 13, 2024 6:22 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love it when we don’t get named. Now i have a great feeling we have a chance here.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,868

Post#1444 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 13, 2024 6:23 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:Rozier/Herro/Jovic to Phoenix for KD and let's run it back with him, Jimmy, Bam, JJJ, and Delon as starting 5.

Bring Highsmith, Love, and Duncan off the bench

Suns owner has already stated he’s not trading any of his big 3.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,513

Post#1445 » by Beenie » Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm

twix2500 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heat have inquired about Ingram in the past and from my understanding Butler name was requested. Doubt that is true now, but I have always been skeptical of Igram potential. I think Miami deos have the peices to get a deal done but can the Heat really build around a Igram and Bam core. Dispite what many on here think, the Heat have way more trade chips than they had last summer. Jovic and JJJ are HUGE trade chips. Those two impressed GMs a lot in the playoffs.

Considering that Riley just went on a rant about “availability”, trading for a guy who has averaged 57 games after his rookie year would be an amazing turn of events.
al bondiga
Starter
And1: 2,816

Post#1446 » by al bondiga » Mon May 13, 2024 6:30 pm

to me ingram is a Smaller version of bam, They Are a copy and I don't know if I would like that in my team... Or do you guys think that is exactly what bam needs to get confident?? hesitant about it, don't know...
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,169

Post#1447 » by greg4012 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Beenie wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Considering that Riley just went on a rant about “availability”, trading for a guy who has averaged 57 games after his rookie year would be an amazing turn of events.

That's the only real red flag for me. On the bright side, at least he's not on the wrong side of 30.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,513

Post#1448 » by Beenie » Mon May 13, 2024 6:54 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Beenie wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

That's the only real red flag for me. On the bright side, at least he's not on the wrong side of 30.

Even if he could magically manage to play 70 games, the fit seems a bit clunky imo.

I’d like to see his catch n shoot 3 numbers though.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1449 » by greg4012 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:16 pm

Beenie wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Beenie wrote:

Even if he could magically manage to play 70 games, the fit seems a bit clunky imo.

I’d like to see his catch n shoot 3 numbers though.

I think he's been playing through a clunky fit in New Orleans, where everything is catered to Zion.

BI gravitates to the midrange for his bread and butter. In that capacity, the fit would need to be schemed properly with Jimmy and Bam.

BI has always been very consistent as a catch & shoot 3 point shooter:

2024: 37%
2023: 42%
2022: 36%
2021: 43%
2020: 42%

The 2020 and 2021 seasons were the 2 seasons where (1) his shot diet had the most 3PA at around 6 per game; and (2) where over 20% of his FGA were C&S 3s. That is the beginning of the framework for how he would/should be used in Miami.

I think good coaching and scheming can do wonders for Brandon Ingram. The intrigue with him is that he has shown flashes of being able to do just about everything offensively, but hasn't been empowered to consistently finding what he's best at. I think Miami would want him to be primarily a play finisher and bucket getter.

There's def scheming that needs to be done to maximize lineups and offense with Jimmy, BI, Bam (and likely Rozier). But, Jimmy seemingly wants to become more and more of a baseline/corner 3 merchant and not be the primary usage offensive player game to game, and we all know Bam is at his best when he do everything on the court and not be primarily focused on trying to be the lead scorer.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,315

Post#1450 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 13, 2024 7:44 pm

We’re going to help BI get to Cleveland while we acquire Mitchell.
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1451 » by greg4012 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:46 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:We’re going to help BI get to Cleveland while we acquire Mitchell.

Sounds good to me
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,315

Post#1452 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Mon May 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
#FreeBam
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,178

Post#1453 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 13, 2024 8:06 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 596

Post#1454 » by Lennyzinho » Mon May 13, 2024 8:36 pm

twix2500 wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ingram is nasty and would be a perfect fit for us. The problem with ingram is twofold imo.
Oft injured. And price tag.
If ingram expects a max or close to it, let him go waste away in the next New Orleans. Washington. Charlotte.

If he takes on a 3rd banana role and money, like an Aaron Gordon or Khris Middleton. There's reason for optimism. If he wants to be the guy and command a max, he will hinder that team the entire contract. The next bradley beal or dame. Give me the max while I waste away on this team.

You don't send jovic or jjj and picks for a dude like ingram. You consider sending some of those if it lands you Mitchell tho or an all nba type player. 100%.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#1455 » by HeatFan_NC » Mon May 13, 2024 9:21 pm

No thanks to Ingram.

1) He's injury prone
2) I watched some but not a whole lot of the Pelicans' playoff games and Ingram was not on the floor in the closing moments. It says something when a supposed big time player is not in the game during critical moments.
NightWatch
Junior
And1: 439

Post#1456 » by NightWatch » Mon May 13, 2024 9:25 pm

Do you want Trae young?
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#1457 » by greg4012 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:No thanks to Ingram.

1) He's injury prone
2) I watched some but not a whole lot of the Pelicans' playoff games and Ingram was not on the floor in the closing moments. It says something when a supposed big time player is not in the game during critical moments.

He wasn't healthy. He rushed back from injury due to Zion being out.

Looked much better in NO's prior playoff outing in 2022--averaging 27-6-6 shooting 48/40/83 and pushing the Western Conference champs to 6 games without Zion.

All about the price being right and the viability of alternative options for me
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,843

Post#1458 » by Rapaz » Mon May 13, 2024 9:31 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:No thanks to Ingram.

1) He's injury prone

Brandon Ingram is this offseason’s PREMIERE trade asset. Resilient, dedicated, efficient, a true 3-level scorer, and a great teammate. Y’all need to train your eyes down there in North Cuba.

Mama Gayle has a golden ticket. :nod:
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,052

Post#1459 » by contract » Mon May 13, 2024 11:00 pm

al bondiga wrote:to me ingram is a Smaller version of bam, They Are a copy and I don't know if I would like that in my team... Or do you guys think that is exactly what bam needs to get confident?? hesitant about it, don't know...

I don't see the similarity at all.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 596

Post#1460 » by Lennyzinho » Tue May 14, 2024 12:29 am

Bills simmons podcast had some interesting stuff, had Ryen russillo on as a guest.

Talking about the draft and basically they're saying around the league, pretend the first pick is actually around the 6-10 overall (depending on the scout or personnel guy they spoke to). Saying there's no top tier talent and one of the weakest drafts of last 25 years. Of course there will always be some surprises but overall no stars and lots of depth dudes and if you're lucky one of these top dudes turns into a tobias Harris or bojan or DeAndre Hunter type guy.

They spoke alot about the hawks since they snagged the first overall. Talked about where trae could go. Miami popped up. They think he couldve left klutch cuz they couldn't get him to LA this season and won't be able to do it this off-season either. They mentioned spurs, pelicans, Orlando, Brooklyn and Miami as potential spots. Pelicans seemed to make the most sense with ingram going out and needed a PG and a change. They said players don't like playing with trae and that he sucks overall but his defense went from awful to mediocre lately. And whoever trades for him will be worse and won't win anything. They said Orlando fits but he wouldn't respect anyone there so it'd be Atlanta all over again. In terms of conference and roster, new Orleans makes the most sense. Clippers with some weird Paul George three way team stuff as dark horse.

Bill also mentioned his top 10-15 players that were most likely to be moved and named both Jimmy and herro.

Said donovan to Knicks makes no sense. They should get mikal instead. Donovan to nets also makes little sense. He also keeps saying he's terrified Miami somehow pulls Paul George in a weird 3 way, mentioned it more than once but think he's just trolling at this point.

That's about it for anything related to Miami or players loosely linked to us and draft.

Return to Miami Heat