ImageImageImage

Off-Season Thread 16: Let's NOT Lewis!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,433

Re: Off-Season Thread 16: Let's NOT Lewis!! 

Post#1001 » by Mr Loggins » Fri Aug 1, 2014 11:59 am

Rock Hardy wrote:I wish Beasley would go play in Europe or China so we could just stop talking about him. I couldn't care less about the guy outside of the bitter disappointment that we wasted that pick on him. He's the definition of a bust.

a few years ago I saw Beasley at my local best buy in Roseville MN buying a moderately priced plasma screen.

Highlight of my life right there
Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#1002 » by Dupas » Fri Aug 1, 2014 12:07 pm

Wade gonna be mvp of this season. Ma boy will be hungry like ****. Make it happen!
BallinGid3
Senior
And1: 221

Post#1003 » by BallinGid3 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 1:51 pm

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 10m

Dwyane Wade on the doubt that he can still handle a bigger load: "I need it. I need it." Sees it as an energizing challenge.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 13m

When LeBron left, Wade quickly connected with Bosh overseas, to see where he stood. Bosh told Wade he'd decide in an hour.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 17m

Another thing: Wade took 2 years in part because he, like team, is looking at TV contract in '16. Trusts organization to do right by him.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 18m

Dwyane Wade clarified a few things 2day. Among them: he wasn't sent by Heat to Vegas to recruit LeBron back. It was a planned personal trip.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 1h

Dwyane Wade on his relationship with LeBron: "We're friends."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade says he knew LeBron's decision when they got off the flight from Vegas, even if he wasn't told for sure until the next day.

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on staying in Miami: "I'm blessed and I'm lucky that we have great ownership, great management and it's a great city."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on giving up $: "I don't know, you just do what you feel is right. To have the success u want, u have to give a little bit."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on his role this season: "You really don't know how it's gonna be. It's been one way for the past four years."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade says his diet has been "1 of hardest things I've ever done." Especially the vegetables. Lighter now than at '13 training camp

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade at his fantasy camp http://instagram.com/p/rJ8_WPDczH/

Replied to 0 times
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1004 » by heat4life » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:11 pm

IggieCC wrote:
"We’re looking at Mario differently in this roster. He’s a point guard but we’re also looking at him as a two. It’s big in this league, big for our coach. Mario can be very effective as a long armed 2 who can shoot the three. We are happy to have him back."

I didn't like Cole and Mario being on the floor at the same time at all last season, and I am not optimistic that it will work next year with generally more defensive pressure to our perimeter players without LeBron on the floor. Yuck.

Actually, because of that defensive pressure you are talking about is why we might see the 2 PG lineup. When teams pressure the ball and the perimeter, you want your best ball handlers on the floor. We lost Lebron which means we lost that element from our frontcourt but we still have Cole, Chalmers, Napier and Wade as capable ball handlers. I still think we need more depth on our backcourt though.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,749

Post#1005 » by Sign5 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:12 pm

BallinGid3 wrote:Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 10m

Dwyane Wade on the doubt that he can still handle a bigger load: "I need it. I need it." Sees it as an energizing challenge.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 13m

When LeBron left, Wade quickly connected with Bosh overseas, to see where he stood. Bosh told Wade he'd decide in an hour.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 17m

Another thing: Wade took 2 years in part because he, like team, is looking at TV contract in '16. Trusts organization to do right by him.

Replied to 0 times

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick · 18m

Dwyane Wade clarified a few things 2day. Among them: he wasn't sent by Heat to Vegas to recruit LeBron back. It was a planned personal trip.

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on his relationship with LeBron: "We're friends."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade says he knew LeBron's decision when they got off the flight from Vegas, even if he wasn't told for sure until the next day.

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on staying in Miami: "I'm blessed and I'm lucky that we have great ownership, great management and it's a great city."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on giving up $: "I don't know, you just do what you feel is right. To have the success u want, u have to give a little bit."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade on his role this season: "You really don't know how it's gonna be. It's been one way for the past four years."

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade says his diet has been "1 of hardest things I've ever done." Especially the vegetables. Lighter now than at '13 training camp

Replied to 0 times

Dwyane Wade at his fantasy camp http://instagram.com/p/rJ8_WPDczH/

Replied to 0 times

Wade hates being doubted, we're in for a great season guys.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YffkcD5VNZc[/youtube]
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1006 » by Zasterror » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:32 pm

Wade's comments got me hyped.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1007 » by HIF » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:36 pm

talking the talk is easy. He's gotta walk the walk.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#1008 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:46 pm

I don't doubt Wade's mindset at all.........but his body is another completely different story

Just 75% of the Marion/JO era Wade please and I'll be happy. :pray:
:hug:
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#1009 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:51 pm

i like that wade said he wants to miss a lot less games. i just have no clue what to expect from him. 20/5/5 on 50% shooting and i am happy.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1010 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 1, 2014 2:52 pm

heat4life wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
"We’re looking at Mario differently in this roster. He’s a point guard but we’re also looking at him as a two. It’s big in this league, big for our coach. Mario can be very effective as a long armed 2 who can shoot the three. We are happy to have him back."

I didn't like Cole and Mario being on the floor at the same time at all last season, and I am not optimistic that it will work next year with generally more defensive pressure to our perimeter players without LeBron on the floor. Yuck.

Actually, because of that defensive pressure you are talking about is why we might see the 2 PG lineup. When teams pressure the ball and the perimeter, you want your best ball handlers on the floor. We lost Lebron which means we lost that element from our frontcourt but we still have Cole, Chalmers, Napier and Wade as capable ball handlers. I still think we need more depth on our backcourt though.

Of all four you mentioned, I trust Wade the most as a ball handler, but he needs to be healthy enough to be on the court.
I am excited about the next season but our backcourt depth (or overall quality) remains less than desirable.
The fact that FO sees Chalmers as a quality backup SG (which he isn't) put me back to the reality a little bit. A lot depends on Wade's health, but counting on Cole and Chalmers to man our backcourt when Wade is out doesn't really sound like a thought-out plan for a contender. That's a patchwork at best.

Oh well.. it is what it is. I still think we'll do well overall as a team.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#1011 » by heat4life » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:02 pm

IggieCC wrote:
heat4life wrote:
IggieCC wrote:I didn't like Cole and Mario being on the floor at the same time at all last season, and I am not optimistic that it will work next year with generally more defensive pressure to our perimeter players without LeBron on the floor. Yuck.

Of all four you mentioned, I trust Wade the most as a ball handler, but he needs to be healthy enough to be on the court.
I am excited about the next season but our backcourt depth (or overall quality) remains less than desirable.
The fact that FO sees Chalmers as a quality backup SG (which he isn't) put me back to the reality a little bit. A lot depends on Wade's health, but counting on Cole and Chalmers to man our backcourt when Wade is out doesn't really sound like a thought-out plan for a contender. That's a patchwork at best.

Oh well.. it is what it is. I still think we'll do well overall as a team.

See, I don't think Riley meant it like that. He is just emphasizing the flexibility Chalmers provides on the backcourt and I agree. This is a work in progress and by no means the final roster we'll have for the playoffs.

Right now, we are leaving the spot open for Ray Allen just in case instead of rushing into signing a SG out of desperation. There is nothing attractive out there willing to take a short minimum contract. At least not yet. IF Allen signs, great. If he doesn't, then we would still have the roster spot and same money to offer someone else. We have not missed on any realistic options so I am not concerned.

It is still early in the process. There are going to be trades by other teams which might lead into buyouts, cuts etc. Camp doesn't start until October. There is still time. The most important thing is that Riley acknowledged the needs on the backcourt and up front. Let's give him time.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1012 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:06 pm

BallinGid3 wrote:Dwyane Wade on his role this season: "You really don't know how it's gonna be. It's been one way for the past four years."

I hope losing some weight will help him get back to his old self.

I really hate vegetables. :x
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#1013 » by IggieCC » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:18 pm

heat4life wrote:See, I don't think Riley meant it like that. He is just emphasizing the flexibility Chalmers provides on the backcourt and I agree. This is a work in progress and by no means the final roster we'll have for the playoffs.

Right now, we are leaving the spot open for Ray Allen just in case instead of rushing into signing a SG out of desperation. There is nothing attractive out there willing to take a short minimum contract. At least not yet. IF Allen signs, great. If he doesn't, then we would still have the roster spot and same money to offer someone else. We have not missed on any realistic options so I am not concerned.

It is still early in the process. There are going to be trades by other teams which might lead into buyouts, cuts etc. Camp doesn't start until October. There is still time. The most important thing is that Riley acknowledged the needs on the backcourt and up front. Let's give him time.

Yeah I am fine with that for now. We spent money on resigning Wade and Bosh, replacing LeBron, and Battier/Lewis so we shouldn't be complaining too much about why there isn't any money left for a backup SG!!!!
It will be interesting to see how Cole and Chalmers do without LeBron.. some players play better when they don't ball watch.. hope they can raise their game a little bit.
SWadeUP
Starter
And1: 1,733

Post#1014 » by SWadeUP » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:27 pm

BIRDMAN BIRDMAN wrote:People keep trashing Riley like he's Otis Smith or something in the GB lmaoooo. I can't wait to see THE DON prove these **** fools wrong once again and make em cry. I can feel it soooooon

Why are we even entertaining stupid comments?
BallinGid3
Senior

Post#1015 » by BallinGid3 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm definitely being carefully optimistic that D-wade can have a 20+/5/5 season. With like 70? games played. If that happens who knows how far we can go . How far we go really depends on his knees tbh.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#1016 » by Altered_Beast » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:46 pm

thw world is not ready for husband wade

gonna show the world his new and improved "old husband" game

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#1017 » by RJM » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:19 pm

HIF wrote:talking the talk is easy. He's gotta walk the walk.

This. Jermaine O'Neal was doing the same kind of talking and actually lived up to it...for the first two games of the season: http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... :pgl_basic
BallinGid3
Senior

Post#1018 » by BallinGid3 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:22 pm

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 19m

Dwyane Wade reached out to Pau Gasol a couple of times in free agency. Other than that, pretty much left recruiting to Riley.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
Sonny Carson
Head Coach
And1: 3,726

Post#1019 » by Sonny Carson » Fri Aug 1, 2014 4:33 pm

DWADE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1020 » by Maroko » Fri Aug 1, 2014 5:12 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/495255127021084673[/tweet]

Return to Miami Heat