ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread 3.0: Dame Time

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,056

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread 3.0: Dame Time 

Post#1921 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:15 am

Pharenheit wrote:Pat is dead set on Lillard? Maybe

We still can’t beat the Nets asset pool by any means

It’s either a. Dame goes full diva and specifically requests a trade to the Heat or b. We don’t get him

Which do you think it will be?

According to he who knows it all and knows it better than all aka 3ammy… Dame, regardless of the cost, is the answer. Trade away all your future like the Suns did! 3ammy has spoken. It is the way!
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#1922 » by Spacely » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:18 am

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

It’s either a. Dame goes full diva and specifically requests a trade to the Heat or b. We don’t get him

According to he who knows it all and knows it better than all aka 3ammy… Dame, regardless of the cost, is the answer. Trade away all your future like the Suns did! 3ammy has spoken. It is the way!

Nah we need to give up the farm, we’ll just find vet mins and undrafted players to fill in the rest, we always have.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,348

Post#1923 » by AirP. » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:19 am

Is this rally going to be the 3rd offseason of 4 that Miami basically freezes roster moves to go after a particular player.

19 - Miami did S&T for Butler but after that refuse to do anything that goes past 2021 to chase Giannis which is why CP3 wasn't acquired (they asked for him to decline his player option for 21-22).
20 - after making the finals let the starting PF walk without replacing him to not have a salary past 2021 to go after Giannis, only to have Giannis sign the supermax at the end of the off-season (which was in December) which made it too late for Miami to do anything.
21 - went out and overpaid Lowry while retaining Lowry (didn't freeze the roster that off-season)
22 - froze all moves to go after KD.
23 - possibly not making moves or selling off players for assets to possibly go after Dame.

I do get going after superstars you believe you have a shot at, maybe Dame is the best shot, but when you've gotten close, maybe just strengthening the roster could get you over the hump vs having empty off-season's year after year.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,907

Post#1924 » by Rapaz » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:19 am

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

I don’t know who this “Dummy” guy is, but you should ignore him and pursue DeRozan. Much better option for you.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 16,134

Post#1925 » by Kobewade11 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:20 am

dshearn wrote:

Would I make that trade?

No

but i am a miami heat fan.... there is a whole slew of not good enough players i would have not traded away over the last decade....

Personally i would rather dump draft capital then to trade Jovic and Martin.....hell i am even warming up to the new JJJ.

This is the boat I'm in. I'm not a player fan, I dont ride players from other teams. I actually enjoy watching a home grown product, seeing guys develop, etc. I won't turn my nose up at adding an elite player I'm just not as thirsty as player fans. That said, Dame's season has been over for 3 months, if you want out be a man and let it be known.
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,004

Post#1926 » by marson » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:21 am

If he really wants to win the title in the next 2-3 years, he'll force his way here and Blazers FO will figure it out.

He is not gonna win in Brooklyn with Mikail Brigdes alone.
Spacely
Analyst
And1: 6,155

Post#1927 » by Spacely » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:22 am

marson wrote:

If he really wants to win the title in the next 2-3 years, he'll force his way here and Blazers FO will figure it out.

Truth, he needs to demand Miami and Miami only. Mikal Bridges ain’t enough; but diva’s are gonna diva.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,421

Post#1928 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:23 am

I mean Pat clearly is lol it’s been reported he’s just waiting in the background waiting on the request.

You don’t know how much the Nets are willing to give up. Knicks could **** on everyone’s offers for these guys like Mitchell Beal KP Lillard etc but they don’t.

I wouldn’t say asking to go to a specific place after all you’ve done for the organization is being a diva. I mean KD did it and he wasn’t **** to Brooklyn like dame is to Portland. That’s the perks of being loyal, respectful, and a true professional while being somewhere. And Portland will be compensated nicely.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1929 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:25 am

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

So y’all want to **** on me for wanting to get the same exact star Riley is trying to get because I think it will put this current build over the top and win us a championship, y’all’s hate is just weird sometimes
#FreeBam
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,056

Post#1930 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:26 am

Spacely wrote:
marson wrote:

Truth, he needs to demand Miami and Miami only. Mikal Bridges ain’t enough; but diva’s are gonna diva.

This. He needs to demand Miami. If he doesn’t, it WILL cost us the farm, and even then, might not be enough.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,348

Post#1931 » by AirP. » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:26 am

marson wrote:

Dame has pride which is why he wants to stay in Portland and why he mentioned not wanting to go to Miami if they won the championship, he wants to be a major reason why a team wins a championship, he's not ready to just ride along to get a ring . So although Miami may be his best shot of both contributing greatly and winning a title, he may want more of a challenge with a team he feels having a shot. It's a little silly since we all know that in Miami he'd be the #1 offensive option and with that, get most of the praise and Butler and Bam would be 100% fine with that, they just want to win. Dame is a perfect fit for what Miami needs.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1932 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:26 am

Spacely wrote:
MiamiLoyal926 wrote:

Nah we need to give up the farm, we’ll just find vet mins and undrafted players to fill in the rest, we always have.

Guys will be flocking to play with a Dame Jimmy Bam big 3 that’s literally not even a worry lol
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1933 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:31 am

That Nick wright package obviously won’t be the deal if it happens but that’s a better deal than that Jazz got for Mitchell at the time.

Is Mitchell better than Dame? No. But you can argue due to age and contract he should be a more valuable trade target or at least on the same level.

Dame is better than Bam but Bam has much more value on the trade market.
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1934 » by marson » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:40 am

Since Portland still has Simons, they would ask for Lowry's expiring, Martin, Jovic, Jaime, and a bunch of picks.

We'll have a chance to shop Herro for some depth. I believe our scouting team can find our next Caleb.

EDIT: Lowry can also be a great addition for them for mentoring Scoot and the young dudes, but its possible he ask for a buyout and sign with a contender.
3ballbomber
General Manager
And1: 10,046

Post#1935 » by 3ballbomber » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:42 am

KingDavid wrote:
SoFlaKingReal wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I listened to the podcast and he definitely wasn’t reporting this, it was just a comment in the normal flow of conversation about how absurd that offer was from Portland. Idk why this graphic is presenting this like he reported that

Y'all got to be more selective of who you choose to listen to for information...NBA central has been posting bs for a while now.

Why on earth would the Heat let something like that get out and risk any potential trade for Dame if Portland would be willing to trade him? Makes no sense.

I thought we established couple of seasons ago NBACentral as garbage source who post anything & everything for clicks regardless if true.
Championship teams experience adversities. We in that process. Started gm1. Remember this time. Remember this pain. Our time is coming...

Built the right way. Play the right way. Win the right way . .

Virtue, Ethics & Honor
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 146,196

Post#1936 » by MettaWorldPanda » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:48 am

marson wrote:

Brooklyn is flush with picks, expiring's, and money for free agency. Things can change very quickly for them.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1937 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:49 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:
marson wrote:

Brooklyn is flush with picks, expiring's, and money for free agency. Things can change very quickly for them.

Your goal is to win a championship, you going to Miami or an organization that’s never been able to win one?
#FreeBam
spectrec130
Starter
And1: 1,873

Post#1938 » by spectrec130 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:51 am

Lennyzinho wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get it done Patrick!!

I personally don't want Dame if it means gutting our roster of its depth (herro, caleb), keeping both Duncan and Lowry on this roster and being even further into the tax so we can't make any moves (like keep Gabe or get grant Williams / dillon brooks / chrisitian wood) with MLE because we'd take in 46M and send out 38-39ish. And it would ofc strip us of all our youth (jaime and jovic) and future tradeable frps.

I want Dame but let's be reasonable and find a more sensible middle ground.

There's no way Miami FO will pull the trigger on this if Portland does not take salary in return, outside of expirings and rookie deals with the current CBA.

Getting Dame at a more reasonable cost will be key and that starts with him demanding a trade to MIA. Gutting the whole team and going up in salary is just stupid when it can be easily averted.
HeatFanDan
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,763

Post#1939 » by HeatFanDan » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:51 am

Spacely wrote:

I still think the nets personally outbid us

Nets don't have Bam. Dame wants to play with his buddy.
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1940 » by marson » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:52 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:
marson wrote:

Your goal is to win a championship, you going to Miami or an organization that’s never been able to win one?

Dame is almost 33 right? If he wants to WIN now, he knows where to go. If he goes to BKN it will be the same boat in Portland.

They can muster a decent roster in a year to two but still not a guarantee while Bam and Jimmy proved they can win the EAST NOW.

Return to Miami Heat