ImageImageImage

Wizards @ Heat - 11/3 @ 8pm - BBWs Save Us from the lottery!!!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,274

Re: Wizards @ Heat - 11/3 @ 8pm - BBWs Save Us from the lottery!!! 

Post#241 » by wadenation305 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:56 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
wadenation305 wrote:Phuck a pirate life is the life for me. I canceled my Bally Sports subscription. I haven't been able to catch the Heat game in a week. Now it kept trying to place me in Cleveland and OKC trying to watch a game should not be this painful.
heard that bally was having issues with their streaming service that's quite odd since ppl are basically paying over 20 bucks to use their stream

Never again from me, that's for sure
Pokuokic
Senior
And1: 943

Post#242 » by Pokuokic » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:25 am

Highsmith looks solid as at the PF way better than Love.
contract
RealGM
And1: 21,090

Post#243 » by contract » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:40 am

Pokuokic wrote:Highsmith looks solid as at the PF way better than Love.

That's because Highsmith has a pulse.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,667

Post#244 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:42 am

Just finished watching the game. This was Herro and Heat as a team best game. You didn't see over dribbling. The ball was spread around, players moved off the ball instead of standing around looking at Herro and Butler try to take their man off the dribble. Very good screens were set and the team looked like they knew how to run plays. This team is at their best when they are running off of screens and picks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
contract
RealGM

Post#245 » by contract » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:42 am

contract
RealGM

Post#246 » by contract » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:47 am

:party:
twix2500
RealGM

Post#247 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:51 am

Don't understand this constant swipe at Love. The Heat has played their best ball with Love in the lineup. The team has struggled when Love is not in the game. Tonight Heat looked good with Highsmith at PF and that means now the Heat have found two lineups that work with Higher or Love at PF.

The Heat are a Net plus 21.5 with Love, Bam, Butler, Lowry and Herro lineup. Love is averaging 8.3 pts, 8 rbs, 2.4 asst and 50% from 3 this season. Not sure what you guys are watching

twix2500
RealGM

Post#248 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:03 pm

If Herro focus like he played last night for the majority of the season he will average 22 pts a game over the long haul and be a all-star. This team has scoring talent, but not if they are just running done court and jacking up shots without running plays.

I like Jaquez and Robinson coming off the bench together adds a unique scoring punch weapon duo. Jaquez played as a player attacking the rim instead of being used as a spot up guy and allowed Robinson to be the spot up guy. Robinson and Jaquez was 11 out of 16 tonight for 27 points. Amazing

twix2500
RealGM

Post#249 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:10 pm

If the Heat consistently play right like they did last night they will easily beat garbage teams like the Wiz and get back above 500. Is playing the right way is enough to beat tough defensive teams like Celtics and Bucks is remain to been seen.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#250 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:14 pm

Heat needs to find time to play Jovic. Yes the Heat have a luxury of 3 power forward all playing well in Love, Jaquez and Highsmith but they need to find some time and chemistry for Jovic who has a unique skillset.

Pokuokic
Senior

Post#251 » by Pokuokic » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:27 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Don't understand this constant swipe at Love. The Heat has played their best ball with Love in the lineup. The team has struggled when Love is not in the game. Tonight Heat looked good with Highsmith at PF and that means now the Heat have found two lineups that work with Higher or Love at PF.

The Heat are a Net plus 21.5 with Love, Bam, Butler, Lowry and Herro lineup. Love is averaging 8.3 pts, 8 rbs, 2.4 asst and 50% from 3 this season. Not sure what you guys are watching

Thos stats are grossly inflated because most of that came against Detroit where Love made Stewart look like a prime Charles Barkely. Thos plus minus stats are almost meaningless in general let alone a 1-2 game sample size and Love has the luxury of playing with Herro/Butler/Bam most the time. His FG% is 36.5 which is shocking for anyone in any league and his 3PT% is 40% while Highsmith is at 71%
twix2500
RealGM

Post#252 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:28 pm

Getting an off the ball scoring point guard who is smart enough to run the offense on limited handles is the target this team should have. Players like Norman Powell and Coby White could be the right chemistry fit and a huge impact without having to give up much in return. The Clips have a glut of guards and no depth at forward and the Heat have plenty of forward depth but lack guards.

contract
RealGM

Post#253 » by contract » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:36 pm

twix2500 wrote:Getting an off the ball scoring point guard who is smart enough to run the offense on limited handles is the target this team should have. Players like Norman Powell and Coby White could be the right chemistry fit and a huge impact without having to give up much in return. The Clips have a glut of guards and no depth at forward and the Heat have plenty of forward depth but lack guards.

I don't see the Clippers taking Duncan back without requiring picks, and you can forget about that.
VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#254 » by VaDe255 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:49 pm

This is Duncans shot selection this year.

I know some ppl have been trashing him, but it's crazy to me. It is almost impeccable, he is either getting an easy layup or shoots the 3. If you normalize his playingtime to 36 minutes, he is basically having a career year so far. Still attempting 3s with the frequency he used to, but also getting way more free layups.

Besides Herro he looks like the most improved player this season.

twix2500
RealGM

Post#255 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:52 pm

Pokuokic wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Thos stats are grossly inflated because most of that came against Detroit where Love made Stewart look like a prime Charles Barkely. Thos plus minus stats are almost meaningless in general let alone a 1-2 game sample size and Love has the luxury of playing with Herro/Butler/Bam most the time. His FG% is 36.5 which is shocking for anyone in any league and his 3PT% is 40% while Highsmith is at 71%
Your contradicting yourself. You are saying his numbers are from inflation but then say he hasn't played much and only with the starting lineup. You saying he numbers are good because he played the Pistons but then say he was bad vs the Pistons. He is brought here to compliment the starting lineup, that is his role. What are you expecting him to carry the team with bench players? He was brought here to be a passer, rebounder and shooter. Has he not done that and has the lineup he played with flourished? Yes he has, when he is in with the starters the unit has flourished.

The games that Love has sat out, the starting lineup has sucked.

rate_
Analyst
And1: 8,250

Post#256 » by rate_ » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
Pokuokic
Senior

Post#257 » by Pokuokic » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:37 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Pokuokic wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Don't understand this constant swipe at Love. The Heat has played their best ball with Love in the lineup. The team has struggled when Love is not in the game. Tonight Heat looked good with Highsmith at PF and that means now the Heat have found two lineups that work with Higher or Love at PF.

Your contradicting yourself. You are saying his numbers are from inflation but then say he hasn't played much and only with the starting lineup. You saying he numbers are good because he played the Pistons but then say he was bad vs the Pistons. He is brought here to compliment the starting lineup, that is his role. What are you expecting him to carry the team with bench players? He was brought here to be a passer, rebounder and shooter. Has he not done that and has the lineup he played with flourished? Yes he has, when he is in with the starters the unit has flourished.

The games that Love has sat out, the starting lineup has sucked.

The team killed the Pistons (like the Wizards) in the first 3 quarters and he was on the floor getting abused by Beef Stew, the games he sat out also had the likes of Butler/Bam not playing as well not to mention Martin/JRich. I'm just saying I prefer Highsmith over him playing.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81,104

Post#258 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:40 pm

rate_ wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

I look forward to Herro silencing every doubter. Would be glorious.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,967

Post#259 » by dshearn » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:55 pm

VaDe255 wrote:This is Duncans shot selection this year.

I know some ppl have been trashing him, but it's crazy to me. It is almost impeccable, he is either getting an easy layup or shoots the 3. If you normalize his playingtime to 36 minutes, he is basically having a career year so far. Still attempting 3s with the frequency he used to, but also getting way more free layups.

Besides Herro he looks like the most improved player this season.

Duncan has look decisive when he decided to drive. Last night it looked like maybe they have changed what they are asking him to do on defense too... I noticed both Herro and Duncan are not cheating out of the corner nearly as much on defense as we have seen in the past. Everyone on the heat has got burned trying to cover that corner 3 and provide help defense before, but it sure seemed like there was less cheating off the corner on defense last night.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#260 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:19 pm

contract wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Getting an off the ball scoring point guard who is smart enough to run the offense on limited handles is the target this team should have. Players like Norman Powell and Coby White could be the right chemistry fit and a huge impact without having to give up much in return. The Clips have a glut of guards and no depth at forward and the Heat have plenty of forward depth but lack guards.

I don't see the Clippers taking Duncan back without requiring picks, and you can forget about that.

if the clips need a stretch forward then they should pay for one. Clippers are buyers not sellers.

Return to Miami Heat