ImageImageImage

Dirk's Revenge

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Number34
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#241 » by Number34 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:25 am

CoolD wrote:LOL, why do Heat fans always have to find a scrub that is irrelevant to always scapegoat.

We could blame players that are getting paid over 20 million, or our superstars that need to show more leadership by playing with heart and intelligence when they are out there with more consistency.

Because he was supposed to help us with his three point shooting.......pfffttt 17%. We have blamed shaq and wade. We can't just blame ONE player all season
CoolD
Lead Assistant
And1: 971

Post#242 » by CoolD » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:34 am

Number34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because he was supposed to help us with his three point shooting.......pfffttt 17%. We have blamed shaq and wade. We can't just blame ONE player all season
But dude is irrelevant.

Just like everyone was already jumping all over Smush before the guy had played any important part. Don't get me wrong I thought Smush sucked, but we always attack the guys that are the most irrelevant to save face with our favorite players.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#243 » by dflash3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:54 am

CoolD wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But dude is irrelevant.

Just like everyone was already jumping all over Smush before the guy had played any important part. Don't get me wrong I thought Smush sucked, but we always attack the guys that are the most irrelevant to save face with our favorite players.

CoolD, Smush, and Jackson sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love.... JP :P I just couldn't resist.
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#244 » by BFO » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:08 pm

This board can be so frustrating.

Davis was never brought in to carry this team; yet when our two leaders sit out we expect him to turn into DWade. We took a team we all expected would blow us out to the final possession and yet we still manage to pick the crap out of half the team.

And oh yeah, suddenly Blount is a decent back-up C after one decent game.

One day we will see perspective on this board (or BBall, Marty, Cracker and SA will post more often).
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#245 » by DBurks2818 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:19 pm

BFO wrote:This board can be so frustrating.

Davis was never brought in to carry this team; yet when our two leaders sit out we expect him to turn into DWade. We took a team we all expected would blow us out to the final possession and yet we still manage to pick the crap out of half the team.

And oh yeah, suddenly Blount is a decent back-up C after one decent game.

One day we will see perspective on this board (or BBall, Marty, Cracker and SA will post more often).

True. I'm keeping it in perspective, I'm just shaking my head at Davis' continued ineptitude in the clutch (an aspect of the game I thought I remembered him being very good at handling) and the decision to play Jackson during important stretches of several games over Cook.

Great effort from everyone, though, Davis and Jackson included.
BFO
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 49

Post#246 » by BFO » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:32 pm

I couldn't care less if Davis isn't clutch. I would prefer Cook being the man down the stretch when Wade and Co are out. I enjoyed the hell out of that game.
Zoli
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#247 » by Zoli » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:10 pm

TheGreatPooter wrote:man i cant believe that dallas couldnt even blow us out. thats pathetic

I think it's not pathetic, it could have been a more focused game from the Mavs if D-Wade and Shaq were playing, maybe i'm wrong but we did blow out our nemesis two days ago, no offense but it's hard to turn it up against a struggling Heat without Shaq and Wade, right after a very emotional and big game. I really think if D-Wade plays it would had been a bigger margin at the end of the game. Anyway, what about Cook, he has a sweet J, and i think he could turn into much more than a spot-up guy, he seems clutch too, and Riley started to realize that, the guy is strong and athletic, that means he could be a great defender too, and who knows what he could turn into? If i remember correctly, he said he can't see any reason why he wouldn't be as good as Ray Allen, obviously there is a whole lot work to do, but the kid can play.

Good luck for the rest of your season, sunny days will come again. ;)
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#248 » by HIF » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:23 pm

Zoli wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I really think if D-Wade plays it would had been a bigger margin at the end of the game.

I really think we won the 2006 championship :nod:
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Zoli
Sophomore

Post#249 » by Zoli » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:07 pm

HIF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I really think we won the 2006 championship :nod:

Yeah, i was watchin' it too, it's still a nice memory, but thanks for the heads up man, by the way, i'm a big fan of the italian soccer team, so life is righteous i guess.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#250 » by salqaddoumi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:11 pm

BFO wrote:I couldn't care less if Davis isn't clutch. I would prefer Cook being the man down the stretch when Wade and Co are out. I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

That's great and all and I completely agree but that's not the point because Riley always puts Ricky in during those clutch situations. And Ricky is borderline useless in the last 12 minutes of every damn game and it's getting ridiculous. I wish he would atleast take less stupid shots if he knows he sucks so bad late in the game, and thats besides the butter hands turnovers.
M_nus
Rookie

Post#251 » by M_nus » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:35 pm

I think it's not pathetic, it could have been a more focused game from the Mavs if D-Wade and Shaq were playing, maybe i'm wrong but we did blow out our nemesis two days ago, no offense but it's hard to turn it up against a struggling Heat without Shaq and Wade, right after a very emotional and big game. I really think if D-Wade plays it would had been a bigger margin at the end of the game. Anyway, what about Cook, he has a sweet J, and i think he could turn into much more than a spot-up guy, he seems clutch too, and Riley started to realize that, the guy is strong and athletic, that means he could be a great defender too, and who knows what he could turn into? If i remember correctly, he said he can't see any reason why he wouldn't be as good as Ray Allen, obviously there is a whole lot work to do, but the kid can play.

Good luck for the rest of your season, sunny days will come again. ;)

Leave this place and take your logic with you.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,044

Post#252 » by DBurks2818 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:16 pm

Zoli's ok with me.
Zoli
Sophomore

Post#253 » by Zoli » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:28 pm

M_nus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Leave this place and take your logic with you.

Please don't tell me what to do. I didn't mean to offend anybody, i can understand you are frustrated because of the season though, i'm just sayin'... forget it, my english is not good enough for this, the bottom line is that i didn't mean to offend anybody, and if it was the case then i'm sorry.
M_nus
Rookie

Post#254 » by M_nus » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:13 pm

Please don't tell me what to do. I didn't mean to offend anybody, i can understand you are frustrated because of the season though, i'm just sayin'... forget it, my english is not good enough for this, the bottom line is that i didn't mean to offend anybody, and if it was the case then i'm sorry.

In case you were wondering, i was using sarcasm.
Zoli
Sophomore

Post#255 » by Zoli » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:13 am

In case you were wondering, i was using sarcasm.

It wasn't obvious for me, and still not, but if that's the case (i just love that word), then i didn't get it, maybe i went too far with that theory anyway. So i guess we're okay. :)
travis minor
Veteran

Post#256 » by travis minor » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:10 am

LOL
M_nus
Rookie

Post#257 » by M_nus » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:43 am

Zoli wrote:It wasn't obvious for me, and still not, but if that's the case (i just love that word), then i didn't get it, maybe i went too far with that theory anyway. So i guess we're okay. :)

I was referring to how your post made sense, so i wanted you to leave so i could ignore it.
Zoli
Sophomore

Post#258 » by Zoli » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:38 pm

I was referring to how your post made sense, so i wanted you to leave so i could ignore it.

There is a slith chance i might understand it now.
travis minor
Veteran

Post#259 » by travis minor » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:54 pm

LOL
Zoli
Sophomore

Post#260 » by Zoli » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:21 pm

I mean slight. I'm just leaving now. :lol:

Return to Miami Heat