ImageImageImage

Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion!

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,898

Re: Around the NBA - non Heat related discussion! 

Post#81 » by Bishop45 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:37 pm

Read on Twitter
'

Impressive start for Cheeet
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,251

Post#82 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:34 pm

I was wondering why Josh Giddy was trending late last night. I thought it was just because I live in OKC but nope! Waiting for the real details but it doesn't look good. You can find it easily on twitter.com or it's rebranded x.com name.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,735

Post#83 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:25 pm

AirP. wrote:I was wondering why Josh Giddy was trending late last night. I thought it was just because I live in OKC but nope! Waiting for the real details but it doesn't look good. You can find it easily on twitter.com or it's rebranded x.com name.

Whats this about Air
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,970

Post#84 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:39 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
AirP. wrote:I was wondering why Josh Giddy was trending late last night. I thought it was just because I live in OKC but nope! Waiting for the real details but it doesn't look good. You can find it easily on twitter.com or it's rebranded x.com name.

Whats this about Air

He hooked up with a 15 year old I believe.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#85 » by AirP. » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:57 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

Whats this about Air

He hooked up with a 15 year old I believe.

Don't want to speculate much about it until the facts are out but it doesn't look good.

Read on Twitter
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,826

Post#86 » by Umbooki » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:01 pm

The Magic may be more annoying than ever before. The boxscore suggests that they beat the brakes off of the Celtics.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by DayofMourning » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:23 pm

Umbooki wrote:The Magic may be more annoying than ever before. The boxscore suggests that they beat the brakes off of the Celtics.

Their defense has ratcheted up. Suggs has been all NBA defense so far this year and Isaac is actually playing bball.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by DayofMourning » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:21 am

;pp=ygUOdHJldm9uIGJyYXppbGU%3D

;pp=ygUTdHJldm9uIGJyYXppbGUgZHVuaw%3D%3D
AirP.
RealGM

Post#89 » by AirP. » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:47 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

If this is true, then homeboy tweeted himself straight into an eventual prison sentence. What a piece of siht.

PS…I meant to put this in the around the nba thread.
that girl is not that innocent either, she knew what she was doing by that tweet.

i agree though, dude is about to get arrested for his idiocy

We don't have all the facts yet. I'd still like to know if she is this young, how did she get within his orbit and why didn't anyone stop him from possibly ruining his whole career, I have to think the agent was having info sent to him for him to address the situation early on. Giddy may end up being the example they point to during these classes/talks that the NBA makes all rookies go to.

This popped up yesterday of her possibly at a club, it's seems Giddy and seems to be her. It doesn't verify her age but it is interesting although younger people "can" get into clubs. It is interesting that the Thunder did make him available to the media yesterday.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,548

Post#90 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:53 pm

AirP. wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

If this is true, then homeboy tweeted himself straight into an eventual prison sentence. What a piece of siht.

that girl is not that innocent either, she knew what she was doing by that tweet.

We don't have all the facts yet. I'd still like to know if she is this young, how did she get within his orbit and why didn't anyone stop him from possibly ruining his whole career, I have to think the agent was having info sent to him for him to address the situation early on. Giddy may end up being the example they point to during these classes/talks that the NBA makes all rookies go to.

This popped up yesterday of her possibly at a club, I'm not saying it verifies her age but if it is her it's starts to explain how she may have gotten into his orbit and why it didn't throw up red flags at first.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Why are you questioning everyone else except for him. Thats like saying why didn't anyone stop him from smoking crack and who gave him the crack?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,261

Post#91 » by MorbidHEAT » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:58 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Naw, my guy….no victim blaming here. Teens and kids make poor decisions, which is why they have to be protected, sometimes from themselves. Josh Giddey, being the adult, is responsible here.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#92 » by AirP. » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:02 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:that girl is not that innocent either, she knew what she was doing by that tweet.

This popped up yesterday of her possibly at a club, I'm not saying it verifies her age but if it is her it's starts to explain how she may have gotten into his orbit and why it didn't throw up red flags at first.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Why are you questioning everyone else except for him. Thats like saying why didn't anyone stop him from smoking crack and who gave him the crack?

For your analogy while it's illegal to smoke crack that doesn't mean to him it was crack, he could have been told it was someone things that isn't illegal, this situation isn't cut and dry.

If he knew the age or didn't verify her age it's very much on him and he was stupid and may have thrown away his career but to me there seems to be a lot of failsafe's that had to be bypassed for this to happen. This didn't come out of nowhere and if you've done a deeper dive then a few posts you'd see it's not a 21 year old just hanging out at a HS looking for someone to pick up. I hope to see a more detailed story because it doesn't look cut and dry.

Overall, Giddy is the one who has everything to lose and that should have been told to him earlier in his career so if he did have relations that could lead to breaking a pretty big law with an underage person that quite possibly would ruined his career.

Based on the little bit of research I did when I first heard of it, I don't think it was...
Spoiler:

But if it were, yeah, throw the book at him.

The overall point is that we don't know the facts yet although we do have clues based on what is out on social media though but his legacy may be the example for current and future NBA players on how you can throw away your career.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#93 » by AirP. » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:25 pm

MorbidHEAT wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Naw, my guy….no victim blaming here. Teens and kids make poor decisions, which is why they have to be protected, sometimes from themselves. Josh Giddey, being the adult, is responsible here.

Really, you've never seen a fake ID, you never have known girls in HS to party/date with age 21+ people at bars/parties/get togethers? I'm not saying this is that situation but it could be if she is under age (I've also known guys who are 21+ who didn't care). I find this much easier to accept then a 21 year old NBA player with a future of millions preying on underage girls out in the open on social media but I also understand that is a possibility too.

Just weird the Thunder made him available to the press already, I guess had they not it would look more like he is guilty (which he could be) before the facts came out.

The NBA is doing an investigation (which they should do), this particular situation we should know more facts soon. It's why I didn't put any real info on this board, I just said go look at the Giddy situation on X or Twitter since he's tending.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,178

Post#94 » by eddieheatfan » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:46 pm

AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:that girl is not that innocent either, she knew what she was doing by that tweet.

Really, you've never seen a fake ID, you never have known girls in HS to party/date with age 21+ people at bars/parties/get togethers? I'm not saying this is that situation but it could be if she is under age (I've also known guys who are 21+ who didn't care). I find this much easier to accept then a 21 year old NBA player with a future of millions preying on underage girls out in the open on social media but I also understand that is a possibility too.

Just weird the Thunder made him available to the press already, I guess had they not it would look more like he is guilty (which he could be) before the facts came out.

The NBA is doing an investigation (which they should do), this particular situation we should know more facts soon. It's why I didn't put any real info on this board, I just said go look at the Giddy situation on X or Twitter since he's tending.

https://www.findlaw.com/family/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html
AirP.
RealGM

Post#95 » by AirP. » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:18 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

https://www.findlaw.com/family/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

Yeah, it's 16 here in Oklahoma, Josh Giddy turned 21 a month ago on October 20th although being 20 doesn't really help him if she was under age since there is a close-in-age exemption sometimes called the Romeo and Juliet Law for people under the age of 18 to legally have relations with younger then the age of consent, for example a high school senior and high school sophomore hooking up.

I joined the military after at age 19 and ended up stationed in Oklahoma, they told us the rules/laws and still some people got themselves in trouble because some people were desperate, some didn't care and some were like it or not, some people were targeted by people of all ages for a way out of bad situations at home (rougher parts of town) or overseas to end up with someone with a steady job. You don't have to be rich to be targeted, you just have to be in a better situation.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,548

Post#96 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:52 pm

AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

Its one thing to say I met an underage girl, its another thing to "DATE" an underage girl. Just like the smoking crack analogy or even dating a stripper. You are putting yourself in position to do so, ignorance isn't acceptable as an adult especially at 21. I grew up around pro athletes and I got good grasp on what young athletes are aware of. Played college ball and have multiple friends that made it pro. 99% are fully aware of a underage girl even when they say I didn't know. There is always the exception, but most men who get involved with an underage girl are fully aware and will talk sh*t about it until they get caught and play the ignorant card. I do give some a pass at 18 or 17 but not 21. Especially being a PRO athlete, they are further removed from situations that will get them involved with highschoolers unknowingly. I will admit because of my age I am a bit out of touch how this new social media dating/relationship culture works, so maybe someone can explain that today's young men are more ignorant than the past. I do have an assumption that today's young kids are brighter than my era and my era 99% could easily identify an underage age girl.

And when I say I got experience, I have a relative who was on the path of going pro, got locked up for statutory R as a freshman in college at the age of 18 the very first month of his first season. Met a girl at the game and went home with her. He was locked up for a yr and ended much of his professional career and among other things

oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,284

Post#97 » by oreon » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:30 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
MorbidHEAT wrote:

Its one thing to say I met an underage girl, its another thing to "DATE" an underage girl. Just like the smoking crack analogy or even dating a stripper. You are putting yourself in position to do so, ignorance isn't acceptable as an adult especially at 21. I grew up around pro athletes and I got good grasp on what young athletes are aware of. Played college ball and have multiple friends that made it pro. 99% are fully aware of a underage girl even when they say I didn't know. There is always the exception, but most men who get involved with an underage girl are fully aware and will talk sh*t about it until they get caught and play the ignorant card. I do give some a pass at 18 or 17 but not 21. Especially being a PRO athlete, they are further removed from situations that will get them involved with highschoolers unknowingly. I will admit because of my age I am a bit out of touch how this new social media dating/relationship culture works, so maybe someone can explain that today's young men are more ignorant than the past. I do have an assumption that today's young kids are brighter than my era and my era 99% could easily identify an underage age girl.

And when I say I got experience, I have a relative who was on the path of going pro, got locked up for statutory R as a freshman in college at the age of 18 the very first month of his first season. Met a girl at the game and went home with her. He was locked up for a yr and ended much of his professional career and among other things

Agree. I don't buy you can't tell if a someone whose 15 might be underage just by looking at them. But uI think this goes away if he doesn't get charged. Maybe he gets a some sort of suspension but that would be it. The NBA like most capitalistic business care more about public reaction than morals. And this story hasn't generated much reaction. If he did it, he might get away with it in the long run. Karl Malone did. It should be a scandal how the NBA continues to honor this dude when its public what he did.
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#98 » by Bishop45 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

VaDe255
Pro Prospect
And1: 684

Post#99 » by VaDe255 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:59 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can they make it a 13 games losing streak?
Bishop45
RealGM

Post#100 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:22 am

Read on Twitter

Rest in Power Chadwick

Return to Miami Heat