ImageImageImage

Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,220

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#901 » by Mickey8 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 am

This game was one by Batum. Batum saved Embiid's butt. Bam did good.
ZoStrong
Senior
And1: 964

Re: Battle of the Eastern Bottom seeders - Heat @ 76rs - Wed, April 17th @7:00PM EST 

Post#902 » by ZoStrong » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 am

marson wrote:2 finals out of 4 seasons and 3 ECF out of 4. Windows is now closed.

We still gotta retire Jimmy''s jersey, then you have MJ's number retired in the rafter while playing 0 minutes. Disgusting.

Amazing run, tbh. I actually enjoyed this more than two championships out of 4 finals of the LeBron years. So unexpected deep runs. Really enjoyed the Butler era, but time to move on and retool, imo
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,920

Post#903 » by Hallstar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Bam is worlds better than Haslem and Herro, it’s not even close

You don't remember when he thought he was caged Boozer lol. Some players are who they are. Bam has never shown the offensive ability to consistently go at a player like Embiid. What I wasn't expecting was the multiple open 3s

Hes a better and more efficient scorer than Herro so what’s that say about Tyler?

Embiid was 6-17, he held the would’ve been 2 time mvp and most dominant player in the league to 35% shooting. We just needed your boy to finish an abysmal 10-27 to pull this one out. Or maybe not sleep on defense and leave Batum wide open in the zone when he’s on fire.

Embiid limited Embiid tonight, don't lie about what we all saw. Once Embiid decided to get going it was game over.

He's a better scorer but couldn't take more shots than jacquez or 1 more that the offensive weapon Highsmith

Lol, he's a center that has to get his points spoon fed in the pick and pop for the most part. He's easy to scheme.
ZoStrong
Senior

Post#904 » by ZoStrong » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:44 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Hallstar wrote:I said Dame would struggle without spacing which is what he showed with Gianni's. Our best 2 players can't space the floor, but they think Dame would light up the place. The forum just likes names

You all don’t know ball lmao dude is playing off ball as a catch and shoot guy, not in his Portland role. There’s a reason he pops off when Gianni’s is out

I give up. It's clear they're not not watching Dame if they think he's struggling because of spacing.

Dame is spotting up. He doesn't have the ball in his hands anymore. I'm sure they look at Porzingis's tenure in Dallas and think he just sucked not knowing he was in a spot up role as well. Roles matter in basketball. Dame is still that dude when he's asked to be the offense.

You wanna pay a short spot up shooter $50 plus million a year?
ZoStrong
Senior

Post#905 » by ZoStrong » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 am

Old n no Defense at that
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,220

Post#906 » by Mickey8 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 am

I still don't understand why Jovic was benched at the start of the third quarter after Martin messed up the play. I think Jovic was good the minutes he got spent on the court but Spolstra is doing a bad job with him. He plays him the first quarter and then he's on the bench until the start of the third quarter, in the third quarter he makes the three and then after a couple plays on the mistake by Martin he's done for the night. A crappy management and not the good way to develop a player.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 4,026

Post#907 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 am

ZoStrong wrote:
Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
You all don’t know ball lmao dude is playing off ball as a catch and shoot guy, not in his Portland role. There’s a reason he pops off when Gianni’s is out

I give up. It's clear they're not not watching Dame if they think he's struggling because of spacing.

Dame is spotting up. He doesn't have the ball in his hands anymore. I'm sure they look at Porzingis's tenure in Dallas and think he just sucked not knowing he was in a spot up role as well. Roles matter in basketball. Dame is still that dude when he's asked to be the offense.

He wouldn't be a spot up shooter here. Do you understand the offensive make up between Miami and Milwaukee and why Milwaukee can make the stupid choice to use Dame as a spot up shooter? They have a big averaging over 30 ppg on over 60% fg percentage. Is it the right move to utilize Dame like that? Hell no.

In Miami we don't have anyone better than Dame offensively or near him. He would basically be used how we're using Herro which would be way better for us and Dame.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,768

Post#908 » by insfo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:52 am

ICC should shoulder some of the blame here. It's always bad juju to break up a win streak. Hope that doesn't happen after the next game :pray:
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,518

Post#909 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:53 am

Hallstar wrote:
MartyConlonJr wrote:Herros last shot a microcosm of things - got his points, but jeopardised any type of chance to win.

What was the alternative? He put us in position multiple times in the 4th, we just couldn't guard batun or embiid

I just mean, he needed to put that shot up even with a defender running to block it, a lower percentage shot and try to get the 4 point play, or pump and quickly shoot to give time for one more stop and shot. He pump faked, set himself and took time to get a better shot that he made. But it could only get him 3 points and leave no time for another point. A higher percentage shot that allowed him to be 9-27 instead of 8-27, but ultimately could not help us win.

In Herros defense, I think his teammates gave him the ball with <4 seconds left on the shot clock quite a few times and had him bail them out of a bad offense by putting something up, so I think his FG% included a bunch of team mistakes, but it wasn't the bulk of them.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,920

Post#910 » by Hallstar » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:55 am

Daffy wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:
Daffy wrote:

He wouldn't be a spot up shooter here. Do you understand the offensive make up between Miami and Milwaukee and why Milwaukee can make the stupid choice to use Dame as a spot up shooter? They have a big averaging over 30 ppg on over 60% fg percentage. Is it the right move to utilize Dame like that? Hell no.

In Miami we don't have anyone better than Dame offensively or near him. He would basically be used how we're using Herro which would be way better for us and Dame.

Saying Dame is a spot up shooter is asinine. He's taking 8 3s a game and and 7 fts. what spot up shooter takes 7 fts? Dude would be the worst defender on this team by a distance, and there's no Giannis or Lopez at the rim
Beenie
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,053

Post#911 » by Beenie » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 am

Mia pissing away nationally televised games continues to be a trend.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 38,372

Post#912 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 am

Jesus Christ were definitely not the brightest fanbase
#FreeBam
#Klutch
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 148,480

Post#913 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:02 am

It’s Donavan Mitchell or bust for me. The Dame train has past this build. It’s not the Jimmy window anymore. It’s the Bam window. Get him his buddy
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 148,480

Post#914 » by MettaWorldPanda » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 am

If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell. As a matter of fact i feel like Herro and Duncan will both be gone. Rozier opens up as our starting PG next year
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,320

Post#915 » by marson » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am

ZoStrong wrote:
marson wrote:2 finals out of 4 seasons and 3 ECF out of 4. Windows is now closed.

We still gotta retire Jimmy''s jersey, then you have MJ's number retired in the rafter while playing 0 minutes. Disgusting.

Amazing run, tbh. I actually enjoyed this more than two championships out of 4 finals of the LeBron years. So unexpected deep runs. Really enjoyed the Butler era, but time to move on and retool, imo

This is my 2nd but would be my favorite if we won just 1 title. But big 3 era is still up there. The 27 winning streak, B2B championship, showtime highlights etc.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 38,372

Post#916 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:08 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell.

Makes me feel alot better tbh, needs to be Mitchell though.
#FreeBam
#Klutch
Daffy
Analyst

Post#917 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 am

Something just hit me. If butler was injured down the stretch as bad as Spo making it seem then why die we keep him in the 2nd half as a spot up shooter? Should've just gave Duncan some minutes.

Why the **** was there no Duncan if he was available.
insfo
General Manager

Post#918 » by insfo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 am

marson wrote:
ZoStrong wrote:

This is my 2nd but would be my favorite if we won just 1 title. But big 3 era is still up there. The 27 winning streak, B2B championship, showtime highlights etc.

With you there, it's just that with the big3 we were expected to win, so the pressure was too much. This build, we were always the underdogs, so every series win felt epic.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#919 » by Daffy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:09 am

MettaWorldPanda wrote:If it makes anyone feel any better I think Herro is dealt in the offseason for Brandon Ingram or Mitchell. As a matter of fact i feel like Herro and Duncan will both be gone. Rozier opens up as our starting PG next year

Honestly I don't want Ingram. It's Mitchell, Young, or bust for me.
insfo
General Manager

Post#920 » by insfo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 am

Daffy wrote:Something just hit me. If butler was injured down the stretch as bad as Spo making it seem then why die we keep him in the 2nd half as a spot up shooter? Should've just gave Duncan some minutes.

Why the **** was there no Duncan if he was available.

I think that whole Duncan is ready, here is he is warming up act was a failed smoke screen. Hoping he's ready for Friday though.

Return to Miami Heat