ImageImageImage

Chris Bosh appreciation thread..

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

LoveMyHeat
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Re: Chris Bosh appreciation thread.. 

Post#101 » by LoveMyHeat » Mon Nov 3, 2014 8:18 pm

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#102 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Nov 3, 2014 8:59 pm

His Max contract won't even be a full max in 2016, 2017 and 2018 once the cap jumps way high.

If he can keep this up keeping him, even in a salary some considered questionable, will prove to be a genius move in a critical time just after LBJ left.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#103 » by DWadeno3 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 9:12 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
heat4life wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:1. I hope people don't start expecting him to get 15 boards a night now, he's still not an elite rebounder. But I believe he'll have his best Heat season, if he stays healthy with all the added playing time.

I agree but 9rpg is not out of the question. Those are still impressive numbers to go along with his solid defense.

2. It's a very interesting experiment - seeing just how much a player is effected by the way he's used by the coaching staff. You don't often get to see someone go from a 3rd option and almost an afterthought to a first option with all the freedom and touches - making this jump in just one season, in his prime at age 30.

The coaching staff job is to maximize the skills of ALL their players starting with the most skilled but remember that there is only one ball. Lebron and Wade are at their best when they have the ball in their hands to allow them to penetrate and create for others. There was no way Bosh gets the ball as much as he is going to this season without affecting the play of Wade or Lebron. Same with Chalmers, Cole and Allen.

IMO, if Lebron would've stayed, I think Bosh would've become more prominent on the offense with Wade taking a step back. It would've been a natural evolution to the offense. Still, with Lebron, it is hard to see the ball movement we see now. He dominates the ball and it's OK because he is great at it.

3. the early signs are showing that what some said was correct - the big 3 weren't a great fit on the court. the fact that a player like Bosh had to give up so much of his game because LBJ was here goes to show that the fit was problematic, or that the coaching staff just couldn't figure out how to maximize them both at the same time.

I don't know that it is a better fit instead I would call it different. Spo was able to design a good offense utilizing the attacking skills of Wade and Lebron with all sort of screens and movements to allow players to get the ball in space. It was beautiful when the players ran it instead of stopping the ball.

With Cleveland, I foresee a more traditional system where Lebron and Irving create from the perimeter and allows Love to get some touches down low. IMO, this is why Lebron struggled yesterday. I didn't see the spacing that he was used to in Miami and it ended up with him trying to force the ball and there was little ball movement. The one positive I saw was Kevin Love showing that he can adjust to any style better than Bosh and remain relevant. They have lots of work to do. They will score a lot because they have lots of talented scorers but the offensive style is not there yet. And I won't even get into their defense.

Either way, I think Miami did well with the roster they had. They (players) just ran out of gas/aged last season.

I kinda agree and disagree. Last season with Wade on the maintenance program we should have transitioned Bosh to the second option when Wade was not playing games. Also the biggest problem fit wise was none of our big three at the beginning had the 3pter. Lebron developed the 3, Bosh developed the 3, Wade ?

So you think it was only the three ball that was added which made our offense so much more efficient? How about the added/improved postgame of LeBron and Wade and the improved ability to move and play off the ball (in LeBron's case being the screen-setter and roll/pop guy out of it, in Wade's case being a great cutter)? And Wade's midrange jumper returned to being good again and given that for him it's a better shot and we didn't need him shooting threes, it made all the sense in the world. And Bosh shot 34% from downtown, at that rate you'd rather have him in the two-point area more often anyways.

#HeatLifer
broke
Rookie
And1: 1,537

Post#104 » by broke » Tue Nov 4, 2014 12:23 am

It sounds like CB quietly loves the fact LBJ left from what I've seen
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#105 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Nov 4, 2014 1:55 am

Congrats to Bosh on Eastern Conference player of the week! Hope he gets player of the month awards a few times this year to be a legitimate MVP candidate.
MixedUp
Senior
And1: 254

Post#106 » by MixedUp » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Im so glad for Heat fans that Bosh bounced back!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7SmGxYgcJQ[/youtube]
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#107 » by Maroko » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:02 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MiamiHEAT/status/531937821461082112[/tweet]

but calm down, we are only in november :D

but still

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#108 » by Zombiesonics » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I think bosh is the best power forward in the nba right now, and probably will continue to be. Better defensively than LMA, better shooter/post player than griffin. at age 30 he is right smack dab middle in his prime, could make a push for mvp if the heat start clicking.
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,561

Post#109 » by Slot Machine » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 am

Zombiesonics wrote:I think bosh is the best power forward in the nba right now, and probably will continue to be. Better defensively than LMA, better shooter/post player than griffin. at age 30 he is right smack dab middle in his prime, could make a push for mvp if the heat start clicking.

Davis is better, but other than him, Bosh is right up there.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#110 » by Zombiesonics » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:08 am

Slot Machine wrote:
Zombiesonics wrote:I think bosh is the best power forward in the nba right now, and probably will continue to be. Better defensively than LMA, better shooter/post player than griffin. at age 30 he is right smack dab middle in his prime, could make a push for mvp if the heat start clicking.

Davis is better, but other than him, Bosh is right up there.

Yeah he is, I was thinking about contenders only though. still not buying the pellies.

Return to Miami Heat