ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Reach Out To Eric Bledsoe

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

bobly
Rookie
And1: 432

Re: Miami Heat Reach Out To Eric Bledsoe 

Post#101 » by bobly » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Altered_Beast wrote:
bobly wrote:What is the time table for Bledsoe's return? Assuming we do get him when would he actually be able to start contributing?

immediately lol

I'm an idiot... and there is nothing else I can say. Didn't watch any Suns games and didn't realize he came back and in March.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#102 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 pm

HeatFan3323 wrote:
contract wrote:I don't want Bledsoe. I don't want ANY runny nosed kids that don't know how to win. I want veterans that can help us get back to the Finals this year. The developmental league is in Cleveland.

Thats not happening. Sorry to break it to ya. The Heat aren't getting back there this year.

Shut up, we can and we will. No matter how things look we have to believe, minus LeBron + some new solid role players, I think we have a good shot.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#103 » by contract » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:18 pm

HeatFan3323 wrote:
contract wrote:I don't want Bledsoe. I don't want ANY runny nosed kids that don't know how to win. I want veterans that can help us get back to the Finals this year. The developmental league is in Cleveland.

Thats not happening. Sorry to break it to ya. The Heat aren't getting back there this year.

Not the way we're going we're not. I can't figure out what the hell we're doing.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#104 » by Heat3 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Even if we give him a longer contract, he's still an asset we could potentially move in 2016 for a bigger player in a S&T type deal.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#105 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Asset nothing, he's a really really good player. He's a big reason why Phoenix were suprisingly good to start the year last year.

If we're in for him, it's a pretty big acquisition. If he stays healthy, he's a future superstar.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#106 » by GreenHat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Isn't Bledsoe restricted? Why wouldn't the Suns match any offer?
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
HeatFan3323
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#107 » by HeatFan3323 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 pm

contract wrote:
HeatFan3323 wrote:

Not the way we're going we're not. I can't figure out what the hell we're doing.

Agreed. Apparently a half capable Wade, 30 year old Bosh who hasn't been a first or second option in 4 years, Deng, McBob, and George are a Finals team *rolls eyes*. Miami shouldnt have given Bosh a max contract. He's not worth it. Should have played for 2016 free agent class. Now they locked out of that. Bosh max was a reactionary decision and a poor one at that.
HeatFan3323
Banned User

Post#108 » by HeatFan3323 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:27 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
HeatFan3323 wrote:

Shut up, we can and we will. No matter how things look we have to believe, minus LeBron + some new solid role players, I think we have a good shot.

Nope. We can't and we won't. We lost the MVP of the league and in his place have McRoberts, George, and Deng possibly...
That ISNT a finals team even in the East. My god. We lost the greatest player since Jordan and you believe were getting back to the finals? We don't even have a player on our team as good as Pippen was in 94 and the Bulls team was deeper and still didn't make the finals. Good god man.
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#109 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:31 pm

GreenHat wrote:Isn't Bledsoe restricted? Why wouldn't the Suns match any offer?

Because they just signed Isaiah Thomas, and drafted a point guard, so if they brought Bledsoe back for big money, it would be Bledsoe, Dragic, Edney, and Thomas all point guards...

And their owner is a notorious cheapskate.
GreenHat
Assistant Coach
And1: 340

Post#110 » by GreenHat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:33 pm

EscapoTHB wrote:
GreenHat wrote:Isn't Bledsoe restricted? Why wouldn't the Suns match any offer?

Because they just signed Isaiah Thomas, and drafted a point guard, so if they brought Bledsoe back for big money, it would be Bledsoe, Dragic, Edney, and Thomas all point guards...

And their owner is a notorious cheapskate.

Its not like they are a contender though. I just don't see them letting go of an asset like that for nothing. I can't see them not matching.
Your emotions fuel the narratives that you create. You see what you want to see. You believe what you want to believe. You ascribe meaning when it is not there. You create significance when it is not present.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#111 » by Paz » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 pm

HeatFan3323 wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
HeatFan3323 wrote:

Nope. We can't and we won't. We lost the MVP of the league and in his place have McRoberts, George, and Deng possibly...
That ISNT a finals team even in the East. My god. We lost the greatest player since Jordan and you believe were getting back to the finals? We don't even have a player on our team as good as Pippen was in 94 and the Bulls team was deeper and still didn't make the finals. Good god man.

I'm sorry, shouldn't you be on the Cleveland board? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Did you miss the departure of the bandwagon?
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,259

Post#112 » by twix2500 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Listen fellas, signing a player to a long term high salary this year ala Bosh might be a good thing. As you see James only signing a 2 yr deal with the expectations that the cap will increase. Bosh salary and if we sign Bledsoe now, will not be a big deal coming 2016 depending how much the cap increases. So it might be best to lack a young talent up like Bledsoe now.
HeatFan3323
Banned User

Post#113 » by HeatFan3323 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Paz wrote:
HeatFan3323 wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:

I'm sorry, shouldn't you be on the Cleveland board? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Did you miss the departure of the bandwagon?

I'm sorry. I didn't read where in order to be a Heat fan you have to slobber all over every move Riley makes. This team isn't a finals team and the quicker the fan base accepts this the better.
Tony Fiorentino
Senior
And1: 526

Post#114 » by Tony Fiorentino » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 pm

Riley is doing his best, doubt any of us could do better. I'm just glad he didn't have a heart attack when lebron left.
Yeah Baby!
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#115 » by puppa bear » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:15 pm

If we get a max offer sheet signed with trade kicker & a player option after 2 or 3, then Suns might be inclined to S&T for Cole - keeping them stocking up with PGs (Hornacek likes to play 2 PGs), but at a much better cap number.

I feel they're less inclined to match than Detroit.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#116 » by Paz » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:15 pm

HeatFan3323 wrote:
Paz wrote:
HeatFan3323 wrote:

I'm sorry. I didn't read where in order to be a Heat fan you have to slobber all over every move Riley makes. This team isn't a finals team and the quicker the fan base accepts this the better.

Timing is everything in life. Things said at one time heed different results than being said at another time. If you are in fact a HEAT fan, continue to be one without any judgement from me but you sure don't sound like one. Perhaps your negativity is just spread on a bit too thick.
theFRANCHISE
Sixth Man
And1: 354

Post#117 » by theFRANCHISE » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:25 pm

another rich paul client? yea I'll pass unless he takes a 6 year deal with no ETO
"You could call it with braille!" - Chick Hearn
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#118 » by WD » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
WD wrote:Go ahead, tie up money trying to get BLEDSOE, while you're at it, keep trying for Melo/Pau/lance..if they can get it done do it otherwise, we're just shadow boxing.

What do you think we should do

IMO Bledsoe has the highest potential/ceiling and can give us the biggest impact RN

He can defend the 1 or 2
Penetrate like crazy
Create his own shot
And is a better passer than cole or chalmers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Just got back home and up after a long days rest..

I think we should slow down and let the front office do their jobs and not over react because we lost one of our marque players. We shouldn't panic and realize that if we don't get any of the top remaining FA's(options are slim anyway), we just need to circle the wagons and see how best to utilize to the fullest who we have.

We don't need to appear desperate by throwing money at players....We don't need to try and duplicate our prior success on paper right now....We need to demonstrate to players in 2016 that this is a place they want to be by becoming a playoff team WITHOUT LBJ.

We need to start developing our own players so we won't constantly looking for other teams left overs.
#HEATLifer
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#119 » by Heat3 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:29 am

WD wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:
WD wrote:Go ahead, tie up money trying to get BLEDSOE, while you're at it, keep trying for Melo/Pau/lance..if they can get it done do it otherwise, we're just shadow boxing.

What do you think we should do

IMO Bledsoe has the highest potential/ceiling and can give us the biggest impact RN

He can defend the 1 or 2
Penetrate like crazy
Create his own shot
And is a better passer than cole or chalmers

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Just got back home and up after a long days rest..

I think we should slow down and let the front office do their jobs and not over react because we lost one of our marque players. We shouldn't panic and realize that if we don't get any of the top remaining FA's(options are slim anyway), we just need to circle the wagons and see how best to utilize to the fullest who we have.

We don't need to appear desperate by throwing money at players....We don't need to try and duplicate our prior success on paper right now....We need to demonstrate to players in 2016 that this is a place they want to be by becoming a playoff team WITHOUT LBJ.

We need to start developing our own players so we won't constantly looking for other teams left overs.

I like it better when other teams figure who the good players are then we just take them :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#120 » by SlowPaced » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:41 am

Sign5 wrote:LeBron basically screwed us over in terms of that McBob deal which wouldn't have done if he made his decision early.

McRoberts is a very good signing, with LeBron or not. He's one of the best passing big men in the league, can shoot and is only 26.

Bledsoe would be an awesome signing. Hope it happens.

Return to Miami Heat