ImageImageImage

Off-Season Thread 15.0 "Riley ain't scared"

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,081

Re: Off-Season Thread 15.0 "Riley ain't scared" 

Post#1861 » by Bourne85 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:48 am

DefenseWins wrote:Why are we interested in such bums man

The Murry fellow looks fine but singleton? I'm guessing this is for the 14-15th spots

Just get Johnson, Oden and Beasley and be done with it lol

I said this exact same think a few pages back, I said "I think Lebron leaving has made Riley lose it", I think I called him senile dementia as well haha. But looking at all these scrubs linked to us, all while much better options exist for the same minimum (Oden Beas) and got chewed out lol.

Just sign TJ Beas Oden and Actually PLAY them.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1862 » by IggieCC » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:52 am

PaulieWal wrote:
IggieCC wrote:

The Murry fellow looks fine but singleton? I'm guessing this is for the 14-15th spots

I think "interests" are leaks from those scrub players agents than anyone else. they want nba teams to notice.

I just want Oden and Beasley but someone here mentioned that LeBron is also recruiting Oden but I haven't seen that from anyone credible.

Yeah I can't think of anyone but those two at the moment. I feel like we still need a backup SG though.

If LeBron is really recruiting Oden, he is officially bordering the troll territory and it's just annoying as hell. I won't call him a troll until it becomes a fact though.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1863 » by PaulieWal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 am

IggieCC wrote: he is officially bordering the troll territory and it's just annoying as hell. I won't call him a troll until it becomes a fact though.

He's already there, yo. He recruited JJ, Miller, Allen, and Birdman. That's 4 (3) of our bench players lol. Next we will hear he also recruited Wade on the plane ride from Vegas to Miami but Wade told him to ****-off. :lol: :lol:
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#1864 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

The Lebron recruiting Oden is a theory

They need a Center and Oden played for Ohio State. He would get more playing time there as well.

I wouldn't be surprised, Lebron did go after Birdman as well. Thank god he did, we really need him lol
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#1865 » by Paz » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

Oden is coming back. I have a feeling. He would get all the playing time he wants here (if his back and knees hold up). I really don't like the fact that Lebron is trying to poach our players. Leave in peace but don't be dishonorable and try to leech our team man. That's a punk move. :nonono:
Sonny Carson
Head Coach
And1: 3,726

Post#1866 » by Sonny Carson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

I expect Le Batard to start leaking more info about LeBron leaving.

Again, the "he didnt respond to texts about players" was consistent to what was said before the press conference.

LeBron told Riley all discussion will go through his agent. Riley got pissed off and carried it over into his press conference which only pissed LeBron off (mentioning him having a girl when that was supposed to be kept secret, etc)

I love Riley, love listening to Le Batard. I know it sucks having to watch/listen to this ESPN suckfest thats going on.

We all know Le Batard gets his info directly from Riley (which is odd considered it was Le Batard who said Riley told him that LeBron/Riley discussed free agents at a wedding....when the convo was actually brief)

I'd rather we not focus on him at all. We cant win that battle with ESPN. We can win the war on the basketball floor though.

I dont give a damn what anyone says. The CAVS ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE HEAT!
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1867 » by PaulieWal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:03 am

Sonny Carson wrote:(mentioning him having a girl when that was supposed to be kept secret, etc)

Pretty sure that was a slip of the tongue. I am sure Riley didn't go out there thinking that I have to go through his weasel agent so I am going to tell the world that he is having a daughter. He probably texted LeBron after the presser to let him know that it was a mistake and LeBron didn't reply :lol:.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#1868 » by Bourne85 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:04 am

The media, and 104.3 the ticket just cannot stop talking about Lebron, it's getting annoying already.

But that's their job, and they WILL milk this to death. Today I actually had to hear power 96 and 99 jams etc instead of 104.3, it's too much already.

We get it, he planned this, he left, let's all move on my god.
MIA
Banned User
And1: 797

Post#1869 » by MIA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

Ikr... Singelton? who tf is Singelton :crazy:
letsgoheat
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#1870 » by letsgoheat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:08 am

Here's what our Christmas days jersey will look like

[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/491275304401244160[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/491289696710832128[/tweet]
MIA
Banned User

Post#1871 » by MIA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:10 am

The more I think about it, if we top off the roster with TJ, Oden and Beasley, we have a fairly young team. The only real vets we would have around the age of 30 are Bosh, Wade, Deng, and UD.
Sonny Carson
Head Coach

Post#1872 » by Sonny Carson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:12 am

PaulieWal wrote:
Sonny Carson wrote:(mentioning him having a girl when that was supposed to be kept secret, etc)

Pretty sure that was a slip of the tongue. I am sure Riley didn't go out there thinking that I have to go through his weasel agent so I am going to tell the world that he is having a daughter. He probably texted LeBron after the presser to let him know that it was a mistake and LeBron didn't reply :lol:.

:lol:

Understand it was a mistake. Just saying between that and the "gotta have guts and not run out the next door" comments.

He may have been like the hell with him, dont text me. :lol:

I dislike Screaming A Smith. But he made that point on tv a while back.

He understood what RIley was trying to do. But LeBron was the one known for showing up every game....so why were the comments directed (or at least implied) at him?

(which is obviously understood now...cause Riley was pissed. I dont blame Riley for that)

I just hate giving LeBronies the satisfaction of being "upset how he left"

I remember RealGm back in 2010. A lot of Cavs fans were saying the same things thats being said today. While it was true or at least seemed partially true........I really dont want to give them that satisfaction.

But it is what it is.

Cant wait till the season starts. Riley will have us competing to get back to the finals again. Trust.
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#1873 » by Bourne85 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:14 am

MIA wrote:The more I think about it, if we top off the roster with TJ, Oden and Beasley, we have a fairly young team. The only real vets we would have around the age of 30 are Bosh, Wade, Deng, and UD.

Yep and that's exactly what I want BUT only if we are gonna PLAY them and play them consistently. If not then I don't want ANY of them. Tired of seeing so much talent just sitting there on the bench, while corpse of Battier Lewis Haslem all get consistent burn.
letsgoheat
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#1874 » by letsgoheat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 am

letsgoheat wrote:Here's what our Christmas days jersey will look like

These look disgusting btw lol.
MIA
Banned User

Post#1875 » by MIA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:16 am

Bourne85 wrote:
MIA wrote:The more I think about it, if we top off the roster with TJ, Oden and Beasley, we have a fairly young team. The only real vets we would have around the age of 30 are Bosh, Wade, Deng, and UD.

Yep and that's exactly what I want BUT only if we are gonna PLAY them and play them consistently. If not then I don't want ANY of them. Tired of seeing so much talent just sitting there on the bench, while corpse of Battier Lewis Haslem all get consistent burn.

Luckily, Spo will essentially have no choice but to play the young guys now, with Battier and Lewis gone. Should be really intresting
MIA
Banned User

Post#1876 » by MIA » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 am

letsgoheat wrote:
letsgoheat wrote:Here's what our Christmas days jersey will look like

These look disgusting btw lol.

I hope these are the practice jerseys or something for before the game... They look like just that, practice jerseys. :o
Sonny Carson
Head Coach

Post#1877 » by Sonny Carson » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 am

Bourne85 wrote:
We get it, he planned this, he left, let's all move on my god.

+1

Do people forget that DWade actually won a title without LeBron? Do people forget that LeBron cost DWade and the Heat a a title in 2011? Do people forget that LeBron still has to prove he can with without Dwade/Riley/Spo/Bosh/etc.

It sucks he left. But **** him. We're not the Cavs. We actually have a history of winning.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1878 » by PaulieWal » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:19 am

Sonny Carson wrote:I remember RealGm back in 2010. A lot of Cavs fans were saying the same things thats being said today. While it was true or at least seemed partially true........I really dont want to give them that satisfaction.

But there is no comparison between Heat fans right now and Cavs fans in 2010. Sure some are upset but Cavs fans were on another level. That's a false equivalency, bro. A lot of us are also thankful, you are never going to have unanimity. I wasn't on RealGM in 2010 but I remember how much vitriol Cavs fans spread on social media and ESPN forums. There is no satisfaction to be had. The angry posters here were the calm Cavs posters back in 2010 lol.

Some of you are making too much of a big deal of "looking like Cavs fans in 2010". Are you guys kidding me? We couldn't be as pathetic even if we tried. They were personally attacking him, his family, calling him and his mom disgusting names. What we are seeing from some posters here right now is pretty normal whenever a big name free agent leaves the team. Hell even Lakers fans were worse after Dwight left.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1879 » by IggieCC » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 am

PaulieWal wrote:
IggieCC wrote: he is officially bordering the troll territory and it's just annoying as hell. I won't call him a troll until it becomes a fact though.

He's already there, yo. He recruited JJ, Miller, Allen, and Birdman. That's 4 (3) of our bench players lol. Next we will hear he also recruited Wade on the plane ride from Vegas to Miami but Wade told him to ****-off. :lol: :lol:

Yeah.. you are right :x

Kind of pathetic of him and I lost a lot of respect for him. Going back to Cavs for a noble cause or being home sick or whatever, that's fine but don't try taking the whole damn team with you.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
Bourne85
General Manager

Post#1880 » by Bourne85 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:22 am

PaulieWal wrote:
Sonny Carson wrote:I remember RealGm back in 2010. A lot of Cavs fans were saying the same things thats being said today. While it was true or at least seemed partially true........I really dont want to give them that satisfaction.

But there is no comparison between Heat fans right now and Cavs fans in 2010. Sure some are upset but Cavs fans were on another level. That's a false equivalency, bro. A lot of us are also thankful, you are never going to have unanimity. I wasn't on RealGM in 2010 but I remember how much vitriol Cavs fans spread on social media and ESPN forums. There is no satisfaction to be had. The angry posters here were the calm Cavs posters back in 2010 lol.

Some of you are making too much of a big deal of "looking like Cavs fans in 2010". Are you guys kidding me? We couldn't be as pathetic even if we tried. They were personally attacking him, his family, calling him and his mom disgusting names. What we are seeing from some posters here right now is pretty normal whenever a big name free agent leaves the team. Hell even Lakers fans were worse after Dwight left.

Oh my, I finally agree with you lol. Baby steps in the right direction maybe :D

And 1 and everything lol.

Return to Miami Heat