ImageImageImage

Mickey's message & how lucky we are.

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Mickey's message & how lucky we are. 

Post#1 » by LEIF » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:25 am

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/a-message- ... cky-arison

The portion that makes me so proud to be a Miami Heat Lifer:

I’m here to tell you something else: we are not done; not even close.

Pat Riley is fond of saying that the only thing you can count on in life is change and those that embrace change are best prepared to emerge successfully. So while the names on the back of the jersey may change from time to time, the constant presence of the name “Miami” or “HEAT” on the front guarantees that our goal remains the same: to put a competitive team on the floor capable of competing for the ultimate prize. As a Miami HEAT fan, this is what you have come to expect from us. We are laser-focused on the present and the task at hand of defending our Eastern Conference championship with the East being described as “wide open,” while also positioning ourselves for maximum flexibility and maneuverability in the future.

Our roster is comprised of players capable of versatility and who are out to prove something to the rest of the league.

Like Dwyane said when he announced his return to the HEAT, I am a #HEATLifer. That’s how I want you to feel about your role as a Miami HEAT fan -- that you are a #HEATLifer – “all in” with us for what is sure to be an exciting 2014-15 season and an incredibly bright future where we will look to add to our three NBA championships.

Having a 1st class organization will pay off more than having any 1 THING, ANY 1 PLAYER(s) in the long run. Thanks Mickey Arison, for OUR Heat, becoming attached at that hip to Riles, building OUR culture and always staying committed to winning.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,166

Re: Mickey's message & how lucky we are. 

Post#2 » by PaulieWal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 am

I have no doubt that sooner rather than later we are going to be fielding another title contender. That being said the next couple of years should be a lotta fun. I am ready to see Bosh and Wade take the reigns and do something good with it.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Lord Hades
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Post#3 » by Lord Hades » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:59 am

#HEATLifer
"We've proven that we can do it and we'll do it again."
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#4 » by dr3am » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:10 am

HEATLifer bish :rockon:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#5 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 am

The fact that we are actually built for 2016 or something when we have flexibility while STILL being competitive enough (on paper at least) to surprise anyone right now, I just **** love this team
:hug:
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#6 » by Heat3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:40 am

it's a great feeling when the people running your team expect nothing short of excellence AND have the competence to achieve it. other teams are just happy to sell their customers hope without results.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#7 » by DefenseWins » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 am

I see people mocking us for this but atleast we have one of the best owners, if not thee best in the NBA. Atleast it wasn't some angry letter in comic sans. You can feel the Heat as an organization know they are being counted out and disregarded. It's a good mentality to have. I always liked being the under dog anyway. No more targets on our backs. This season I hope is enjoyable with the pressure off and the Heat wanting to prove themselves.

yes he amnestied Mike and it messed things up a bit, but let's say Lebron leaves and Mike didn't get amnestied. That's 7mil on the books and the Heat wouldn't have been able to get Deng and/or give Wade 15mil. We all know Mike is NOT worth 7mil. His health was also in question, he was worse than Wade. Looking back it was best for the future because we would have been stuck with Millers contract. The Heat tried to trade for Miller but nobody wanted him. Of course after a healthy season in Memphis, everyone now wanted him. But you just gotta live with that.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,166

Post#8 » by PaulieWal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 am

DefenseWins wrote:I see people mocking us for this but atleast we have one of the best owners, if not thee best in the NBA. Atleast it wasn't some angry letter in comic sans. You can feel the Heat as an organization know they are being counted out and disregarded. It's a good mentality to have. I always liked being the under dog anyway. No more targets on our backs. This season I hope is enjoyable with the pressure off and the Heat wanting to prove themselves.

yes he amnestied Mike and it messed things up a bit, but let's say Lebron leaves and Mike didn't get amnestied. That's 7mil on the books and the Heat wouldn't have been able to get Deng and/or give Wade 15mil. We all know Mike is NOT worth 7mil. His health was also in question, he was worse than Wade. Looking back it was best for the future because we would have been stuck with Millers contract. The Heat tried to trade for Miller but nobody wanted him. Of course after a healthy season in Memphis, everyone now wanted him. But you just gotta live with that.

True, but we could have also amnestied him this year if we needed to (assuming LeBron came back and we needed more cap space or even if LeBron left) or we could have asked him to not exercise his player option and could have brought him back on a cheaper deal for more years.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
KevKP
Starter
And1: 299

Post#9 » by KevKP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:34 am

And I believe in Wade. He's a baller and he will lead this team.
ImageImage

RIP Paul Walker
HEAT111
Veteran
And1: 1,803

Post#10 » by HEAT111 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:07 am

HEATLIFER!!

Dupas
Analyst
And1: 1,860

Post#11 » by Dupas » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 am

GO
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#12 » by Maroko » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:39 am

wm3 wrote:HEATLifer bish :rockon:

QUIZ
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 78,766

Post#13 » by QUIZ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 am

#HEATLifer
Don’t let us get one. — Nikola Jovic

Dru Smith very lucky he got that 500k this year. He should invest and manage a subway after all this-MettaWorldPanda
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,609

Post#14 » by DayofMourning » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 am

Only one more year till my 20th anniversary as a Heat fan;) Pretty amazing that this team has accomplished so much during that time. Its also been fun watching our most hated enemy, the Knicks, routinely taking us out during the postseason, and now we've surpassed their championship total and legacy! That's a helluva payoff for me, especially when I remember the heart break of so many could've beens.
SWadeUP
Starter
And1: 1,733

Post#15 » by SWadeUP » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 pm

#heatlifer

#suckwadeup
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,597

Post#16 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Let's do this. Some big crossroads in the next couple of years.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
heatchamp45
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#17 » by heatchamp45 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 pm

I have a feeling we will win a few more championships before i cease to exist. Im 45 right now.
playboyj305
Junior
And1: 79

Post#18 » by playboyj305 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 pm

I love my team!
Tartan937
Ballboy
And1: 20

Post#19 » by Tartan937 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Great statement by a great owner. In sports or in any major walk of life you are only as good as your leadership. Even without LBJ, the HEAT are in great shape with Mr. Arison and Pat Riley.
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#20 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:09 pm

lets go!

Return to Miami Heat