ImageImageImage

LeBatard did the Billboard

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: LeBatard did the Billboard 

Post#141 » by HIF » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:14 pm

antistrat wrote:
HIF wrote:
antistrat wrote:
Nah, I come here every day - it's no big deal. It's already water under the bridge.

this is your 10th pointless post after saying that you'd leave.

Thanks for all the replies. I've moved on from this topic though.

:lol: Clearly
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#142 » by antistrat » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:26 pm

HIF wrote:
antistrat wrote:
HIF wrote:
this is your 10th pointless post after saying that you'd leave.

:)
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#143 » by contract » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:33 pm

antistrat wrote:
HIF wrote:
antistrat wrote:

:)

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
HeatGuyInChicago
Junior
And1: 107

Post#144 » by HeatGuyInChicago » Fri Aug 8, 2014 6:45 pm

I do not care if LeBron thanks Miami fans or not; however, it is a good business practice to thank the fans that purchased seats, jerseys, and watched you on TV. Fans are the reason why these guys make a ton of money. Done.
Darkstar
Junior
And1: 97

Post#145 » by Darkstar » Fri Aug 8, 2014 7:53 pm

Screw all of the non Heat fans and media who think it's okay for cavs fans to act like 2 year olds the way they did when he originally left but it's disgraceful when Miami fans are genuinely offended when he acts like the fans in Miami don't exist. Screw him to while we are at it.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#146 » by Shewasfly » Fri Aug 8, 2014 11:43 pm

I never expected him to thank Heat fans, so I guess thats why I didn't care when he didn't. I saw it coming.

LeBron has always been about himself and what edifies him. He truly believes he is the 2nd coming not of Jordan but of God himself (trust me I have the tea), and because he has the media backing him up and has since he was a teen, he has the world convinced too. Its a shame, but LeBatard should have known how protected he was and knew it wouldn't end well for him.
:tiredJB:
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#147 » by EscapoTHB » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:54 am

What kind of grown ass man has a homecoming at 29?

I hope espn drops lebatard s radio show so it can get back to business. Hate espn taking away my fave sports radio show because they are so far up lebron's butt.

Can't wait for monday. Should be hilarious.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#148 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:56 am

The thing that gets me is the PR firm who wrote his "Letter" clearly must have put something about Miami fans because lets face it they are a PR firm. Lebron or someone in his circle decided to omit it.
MFlash321
Junior
And1: 566

Post#149 » by MFlash321 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:57 am

Pretty crazy how this has flipped upside down completely. Now, LeBron is America's Sweetheart.
eramo011
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#150 » by eramo011 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 3:35 am

MFlash321 wrote:Pretty crazy how this has flipped upside down completely. Now, LeBron is America's Sweetheart.

Thats another thing that pisses me off about all of this. Miami gets the short end of the deal on all of this. We got the two rings and 4 finals appearances, but I GUARANTEE if he wins ONE freaking trophy with the Cavs, people will always disregard any of our TEAM accomplishments. They will essentially crown Lebron and disregard the fact he had a team of people that saved his ass in the finals.

I feel like no one likes to bring up the point that those Cavs fans hated Lebron with a passion when he left, burned his jersey, booed him...then slowly started to get on their knees and BEG for his return when they realized how crappy their team really was. Do they really want him back because he is Lebron? Or only because he is the only hope they have to save their cursed sports city. Its like getting dumped by a girl, watching her have sex with her new bf in front of your face over and over, having people rub it in your face constantly for years, and then taking her back because you somehow became more attractive over the years.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#151 » by jc23 » Sat Aug 9, 2014 10:14 am

MFlash321 wrote:Pretty crazy how this has flipped upside down completely. Now, LeBron is America's Sweetheart.

Not in Chicago.

Anybody know if lebatard went through with his plan yesterday? or did the suspension kill it.
Be curious, Not judgmental
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#152 » by NZB2323 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Shuttlesworth34 wrote:
toeybox wrote:
toeybox wrote:Gotta say, that's pretty pathetic. Scorn lover type BS. Should just let it go already LebBatard.

it's a joke, a well done joke at that.

Yes, we all know that it's a joke but still from people looking outside, it's seen as petty and childish. People already hate us and do you really want more people going in?

and the people who hate us will continue to hate us no matter what. the Hate for Miami fans has always been irrational and will continue to be irrational. We might as well embrace the hate and have fun with it like lebatard is doing[/quote]

I'm a Bulls fan who never hated Miami fans, but rooted against the Heat in the Lebron era. Now that you guys have Luol Deng at small forward instead of Lebron, I'll be rooting for you guys when you're not playing against the Bulls.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#153 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 am

TBH, I'm in w/ the poster above, I got nothing against Miami, and love Lebatard's show too. I generally don't root for the "favorite" (unless of course they're my team beforehand).
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#154 » by Paz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:52 am

Honestly, I don't mind the unwarranted animosity much. It's indicative of us succeeding. Only successful teams really get hated on in this fashion. It comes with the territory. I'd rather be vilified and successful than the opposite.

If we happen to etch out a miracle this year and reach the finals (loooooooong shot IMO), I can't even fathom the response we'd get as a team/fanbase. I am not saying that it would be bad, I'm just interested to see what it would be.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#155 » by Rock Hardy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 am

How do you guys like the idea of going silent on Xmas? What I mean by that is for the first quarter or so, we neither boo nor cheer when James is announced or touches the ball. Call it the Silent Night game, after the carol. NBA alums always say booing doesn't phase players, and silence would be more jarring. I think it would be cool. Everytime he touches the ball, nothing but sneaker squeeks and (hopefully) clanks. He said nothing to us, so we got nothing to say to him.

I only say do it for a quarter, because obviously it would be impossible to keep that up an entire game. It's not going to show us as bitter either, IMO. Booing would, but showing indifference like this would just be making a point. A simple point, and then after the 1st, Miami's said its part and moved on. Thoughts?
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#156 » by ifrosty13 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:50 am

I would love for that to happen, unfortunately, it won't catch on to everybody in that arena. We'd need to get someone like LeBatard and/or Zaslow on board with it and promoting it daily on the air to have a shot at that happening.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#157 » by FlashFlare » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

not to mention there will always be someone who'll ruin it just because
100% WADEaboo
Sonny Carson
Head Coach
And1: 3,726

Post#158 » by Sonny Carson » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:26 am

After thinking about it...

Dont like the billboard saying "Your welcome LeBron" too much. Only cause....he did just about what anyone could do to win those championships.

HOWEVER

The PERFECT troll job would have been to have a billboard about that Mavs series. A sarcastic "Thanks LeBron" would have been a poke in the gut and a newsflash to Cleveland that championships arent guaranteed. Now LeBatard doing what he did was a "light" moment. It shows he really didnt have an axe to grind with LeBron.

I'm just saying if he really wanting to be ruthless. He could have done something Mavs related and it would have been incredibly awesome and appropriate considering all the overconfidence of Cavs fans now days.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#159 » by improper » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Sonny Carson wrote:The PERFECT troll job would have been to have a billboard about that Mavs series. A sarcastic "Thanks LeBron" would have been a poke in the gut and a newsflash to Cleveland that championships arent guaranteed. Now LeBatard doing what he did was a "light" moment. It shows he really didnt have an axe to grind with LeBron.

I think Cleveland fans know better than anyone that championships aren't guaranteed.

Return to Miami Heat