ImageImageImage

Dan Le Batard: Story behind the Story

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Dan Le Batard: Story behind the Story 

Post#1 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Dan is the man!
Hate him! Love him! You have to respect the man for doing what he believes is the right thing. He isn't for everyone but one thing everyone should agree on. He does it his way and he doesn't change for anyone.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1133 ... bron-james

ESPN didn't find this quite as funny as I did. I hadn't checked with my supervisors. I had gone rogue with a local stunt in a national venue in a rah-rah way that isn't really how ESPN does business. So I was told to suspend the plane flight and whatever shenanigans we had planned for LeBron's Akron homecoming. I said I would not and could not because we were building this up for days on the radio to a crescendo and to simply stop talking about it and not do it with no mention would be dumb, inauthentic, confusing and not me. I was polite about it, but I was insubordinate. I refused to budge. We were flying the plane. So I was suspended, as I should have been.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Re: Dan Le Batard: Story behind the Story 

Post#2 » by Maroko » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Thank you for sharing !

Great read and yes Dan is amazing ! He could have lost his job but glad they didnt fire him :D

So who paid the flight at the end etc ? Was it the money from his own pocket or from ESPN ?
daniel3
Lead Assistant
And1: 481

Post#3 » by daniel3 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:45 pm

It is pretty funny how he got the newspapers to carry his story anyway, while paying a fraction of the cost and after they came out beforehand to say they would never carry his ad (which he never was intending to do in the first place).
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#4 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 pm

So did he fly the plane?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#5 » by PaulieWal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:48 am

HEATlanta wrote:So did he fly the plane?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

No, that would have probably meant him and his staff losing their jobs. ESPN didn't suspend him for the billboards but for the plane.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
electroman6t
Freshman
And1: 56

Post#6 » by electroman6t » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 pm

daniel3 wrote:It is pretty funny how he got the newspapers to carry his story anyway, while paying a fraction of the cost and after they came out beforehand to say they would never carry his ad (which he never was intending to do in the first place).

Do you listen to his show at all? Because he was DEFINITELY up to something whether it was an ad or something else. I live in South Florida and all of you heat fans down here that are angry are very hypocritical. I hear the crying every time I turn on the radio. That's what's really funny.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,220

Post#7 » by Heat3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:26 pm

^huh? it's clear that you hear and read what you want to hear and read. your reply has nothing to do with what you quoted :crazy:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Return to Miami Heat