ImageImageImage

Rothstein & McAdoo Are Out

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Rothstein & McAdoo Are Out 

Post#1 » by Heat_team02 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:22 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/01/4 ... gtime.html

Two longtime assistant coaches for the Heat will no longer be regular contributors to the day-to-day operations of the team.

Hall of Famer Bob McAdoo and Heat coaching legend Ron Rothstein have been reassigned by the team, the Miami Herald confirmed Monday. McAdoo and Rothstein were both originally hired as assistants by Heat president Pat Riley. Yahoo Sports first reported the story.

With McAdoo and Rothstein likely off the bench, assistants David Fizdale, Dan Craig and Juwan Howard are expected to assume more prominent roles. Fizdale is considered one of the top assistants in the NBA and a likely future head coach in the league, Craig has a growing reputation as a talented skills coach and video researcher and Howard joined the Heat’s staff on a full-time basis last year.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Re: Rothstein & McAdoo Are Out 

Post#2 » by Maroko » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:50 pm

Thank for both of them, they helped us to be a great team .

However, it was about damn time and to be honest a bit late, we could have recruited some guys earlier in that offseason.
Great news for David Fizdale who deserves it and for Juwan Howard. Except for Zo (to be honest i still dont know his role in our organization), it's good to see some players who played for us getting a real role and a chance to be a part of the Miami Heat. I didnt say you have to play in order to be a good coach but i think we needed that move to really say we have a great family. I felt sad when i saw Tim Hardaway leaving us for the Pistons : did he get a chance to mentor Rio and Cole ? Would it have been successful ? I dont know but a chance : def yes !
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#3 » by ifrosty13 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:34 pm

Such a dramatic thread topic. They have just been reassigned.
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#4 » by RJM » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:19 am

We know. We covered it in the main thread.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#5 » by Maroko » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:01 am

Reassigned ? lol it's a political way to say "you are not good enough but you will keep your salary but do the little things"
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#6 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Sep 3, 2014 9:36 am

It's a political way to say "We need something fresh in this department, but you are good enough so you will keep your salary by doing something else."
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#7 » by TheSamMitchell » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:08 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:It's a political way to say "We need something fresh in this department, but you are good enough so you will keep your salary by doing something else."

This should have been done a long time ago. I'm surprised Fizadale is still around.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#8 » by dancing2thabeet » Wed Sep 3, 2014 5:57 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:It's a political way to say "We need something fresh in this department, but you are good enough so you will keep your salary by doing something else."

This should have been done a long time ago. I'm surprised Fizadale is still around.

Don't worry, Fizdale is getting a HC job soon enough.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
TheSamMitchell
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,864

Post#9 » by TheSamMitchell » Wed Sep 3, 2014 7:13 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:

Fizdale isn't intriguing enough to get a head coaching job. He assistant coached in a few places, then won a few championships via Lebron. I could see McAdoo getting an HC job before him.
aquaadverse
Banned User
And1: 154

Post#10 » by aquaadverse » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:51 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:
TheSamMitchell wrote:

Fizdale isn't intriguing enough to get a head coaching job. He assistant coached in a few places, then won a few championships via Lebron. I could see McAdoo getting an HC job before him.

Portland and Philly wanted to interview him a couple years back, but he declined.

http://allucanheat.com/2014/05/25/david-fizdale-stressing-head-coach/

http://www.ballstatedaily.com/article/2013/06/basketball-heat-assistant-eyes-head-coach-position

He'll get his shot.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,386

Post#11 » by Vertical Limit » Thu Sep 4, 2014 8:53 pm

I hope this doesn't mean Juwan Howard is now taking Bob McAdoo''s job, I want some real coaches there not some "bro".

Return to Miami Heat