ImageImageImage

Bosh Excited to be Back in the Post

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,859

Re: Bosh Excited to be Back in the Post 

Post#41 » by KingDavid » Sat Oct 4, 2014 9:13 pm

VC720 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyUD5Fa0M4[/youtube]

Just wanted you guys to have some insight and how he might play.

Thanks for this. We got a taste of it during the scrimmage on a few plays. He has some good footwork on him.

I want to see if that scrimmage was all a fluke though...if not, Spo made a mistake when deciding roles. Easiest baskets to make are when you're posted up. If he can dance around like that consistently, we should have went to him a lot more than just for jumpshots...

I mean he hit some turnaround midrange J's and I was wondering if I was looking at LMA. He draws contact and doesn't miss under the basket it seems like. His problem up in TOR was his consistency?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#42 » by 720 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 9:33 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Thanks for this. We got a taste of it during the scrimmage on a few plays. He has some good footwork on him.

I want to see if that scrimmage was all a fluke though...if not, Spo made a mistake when deciding roles. Easiest baskets to make are when you're posted up. If he can dance around like that consistently, we should have went to him a lot more than just for jumpshots...

I mean he hit some turnaround midrange J's and I was wondering if I was looking at LMA. He draws contact and doesn't miss under the basket it seems like. His problem up in TOR was his consistency?

He was actually a very consistent player in Toronto, you could count on him to bring 20/10 a game. He did however have major struggles in the playoffs, but that was mainly due to his inexperience at the time. He lacked a good enough supporting cast, he won't have that problem anymore now that he has wade and deng as his sidekicks.
WIldEagle18
Junior
And1: 295

Post#43 » by WIldEagle18 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 6:55 pm

KingDavid wrote:

Bosh was one of our best players, almost every night you can expect 20/10 from him. The problem with the Bosh-led Raptors was his supporting cast, the best wing we paired Bosh with was Anthony Parker. You can only ask for so much on a big like Bosh. I think he'll play even better for the Heat as the primary option, if you see his last year in Toronto he was putting up 24/10 on 50%, can he replicate it? Maybe, but the difference with the Bosh-led Raptors and the current Heat team is they have Wade who can also command the double team and you guys still have great supporting cast like Deng, Granger on the wing.

I think it's better for you guys that people are underrating Bosh since he became a third option, the people who really haven't seen him play in Toronto for 7 years will be surprise. Try watching some of old Bosh's performance with the Raptors, it was a real treat to see him play.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#44 » by realfung » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:55 pm

He is my keeper in my fantasy, go Bosh and go Heats!
EscapoTHB
Suspended
And1: 1,249

Post#45 » by EscapoTHB » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I wonder if teams will have good scouting reports on Bosh anymore. It seems like there's a lot of myths about his game, and I don't know how many people actually watched him in Toronto that much. Wonder if he might be able to start the season fast while teams update the scouting report?
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#46 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Fake pass, pump fake, blow-by and dunk.

How many players, let alone big men, have the BBIQ and skills to pull this off?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8PUaDOVyc[/youtube]

I'm not a Heat fan but I'm definitely rooting for Bosh this season. He is criminally underrated. Not only did he sacrifice his own game for playing with LBJ, people are attributing Bosh's success over the past 2 seasons to LBJ.

I look forward to Bosh establishing himself as the premier PF in the league.
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#47 » by cyclix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:03 pm

Bosh is a blackhole. You give him ball and he's only looking to create for himself, which doesn't help the offense overall, especially if you have great cutters like Wade and Deng. Love would thrive so much better if replaced with Bosh because he's a great passer, but our defense would take a hit.
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by cyclix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:06 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:Fake pass, pump fake, blow-by and dunk.

How many players, let alone big men, have the BBIQ and skills to pull this off?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8PUaDOVyc[/youtube]

I'm not a Heat fan but I'm definitely rooting for Bosh this season. He is criminally underrated. Not only did he sacrifice his own game for playing with LBJ, people are attributing Bosh's success over the past 2 seasons to LBJ.

I look forward to Bosh establishing himself as the premier PF in the league.

Honestly, I don't think Bosh is a TOP 5 PF (Aldridge, Love, Griffin, Davis, Nowitzki), but he is underrated, but not "criminally".
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,294

Post#49 » by goodboy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:11 pm

cyclix wrote:Bosh is a blackhole. You give him ball and he's only looking to create for himself, which doesn't help the offense overall, especially if you have great cutters like Wade and Deng. Love would thrive so much better if replaced with Bosh because he's a great passer, but our defense would take a hit.

lol no.

When he gets the ball he certainly makes the right plays, giving the extra passes ect. When he actually did get the ball the past 4 years he would most of the time actually dish out it out to the right man... hence he had such low shooting opportunities which WE were furious over since we wanted him to shoot more.

No way in shape or form the dude just looks to create for himself, easily one of the least unselfish players.
Bright
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by cyclix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:19 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
cyclix wrote:Bosh is a blackhole. You give him ball and he's only looking to create for himself, which doesn't help the offense overall, especially if you have great cutters like Wade and Deng. Love would thrive so much better if replaced with Bosh because he's a great passer, but our defense would take a hit.

lol no.

When he gets the ball he certainly makes the right plays, giving the extra passes ect. When he actually did get the ball the past 4 years he would most of the time actually dish out it out to the right man... hence he had such low shooting opportunities which WE were furious over since we wanted him to shoot more.

No way in shape or form the dude just looks to create for himself, easily one of the least unselfish players.

Boh was particularly never a good passer as he averaged 1.6 APG/1.8 TOPG in the BIG 3 era. He never really pass the ball, especially when he's in the midpost. He doesn't have that awareness factor of other player like a Love type. Hence, why I think Love will much better with LeBron, other than the better 3-PT shot
goodboy
RealGM

Post#51 » by goodboy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:26 pm

cyclix wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:

lol no.

Boh was particularly never a good passer as he averaged 1.6 APG/1.8 TOPG in the BIG 3 era. He never really pass the ball, especially when he's in the midpost. He doesn't have that awareness factor of other player like a Love type. Hence, why I think Love will much better with LeBron, other than the better 3-PT shot

Perhaps there is no doubting Love will contribute better aside LBJ. However it necessarily doesn't need to be passes to find the *open man* for the shot, he just makes the right plays to set up the offensive rhythm.

You also have to take into account that Bosh was further and further away drifting out of the post and made into a long 2/3point shooter, but thats besides the point lol.
Bright
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#52 » by ifrosty13 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:20 pm

LOL.. WUT!? This guy can't be serious. What a terrible analysis.
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by cyclix » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:47 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:
cyclix wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:lol no.

Perhaps there is no doubting Love will contribute better aside LBJ. However it necessarily doesn't need to be passes to find the *open man* for the shot, he just makes the right plays to set up the offensive rhythm.

You also have to take into account that Bosh was further and further away drifting out of the post and made into a long 2/3point shooter, but thats besides the point lol.

There are reasons why he was drifted further from the post.
1) He doesn't have a reliable post game. Bosh is much better facing up.
2) Bosh is a soft player.
3) Bosh has a good midrange game

Unfortunately, Bosh doesn't have big man skills/toughness, and thats what is going to absolutely hurt this team, unless if Wade says "**** it!", which I don't think he has that hunger in him anymore. I don't value Bosh as highly as some Heat fans in here. I just don't see it.

Athletic guys that can cut like Deng will be underutilized b/c once Bosh gets the ball, you don't see it again. 9/10 its shotjacking. This is why I really love the McRoberts pickup. He's like the ying to Bosh yang.
goodboy
RealGM

Post#54 » by goodboy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:01 pm

cyclix wrote:
HeatWillRise wrote:
cyclix wrote:Boh was particularly never a good passer as he averaged 1.6 APG/1.8 TOPG in the BIG 3 era. He never really pass the ball, especially when he's in the midpost. He doesn't have that awareness factor of other player like a Love type. Hence, why I think Love will much better with LeBron, other than the better 3-PT shot

There are reasons why he was drifted further from the post.
1) He doesn't have a reliable post game. Bosh is much better facing up.
2) Bosh is a soft player.
3) Bosh has a good midrange game

Unfortunately, Bosh doesn't have big man skills/toughness, and thats what is going to absolutely hurt this team, unless if Wade says "**** it!", which I don't think he has that hunger in him anymore. I don't value Bosh as highly as some Heat fans in here. I just don't see it.

Athletic guys that can cut like Deng will be underutilized b/c once Bosh gets the ball, you don't see it again. 9/10 its shotjacking. This is why I really love the McRoberts pickup. He's like the ying to Bosh yang.

A reason he drifted away from the post? Dude, it was Spo's game plan that made that happen which jeopardizes his post game. Bosh's post game was actually quite great in Toronto (if you have seen him plan then) He would post up and easily draw fouls like it was nothing (his foot work)

Lol @ bosh is a soft player, I guess witnessing the past 4 years made you come to that conclusion that he's soft since he was doing everyone's dirty work.

If you are depending on athletic guys from this roster then its game over, I wouldnt know what to tell you.
Bright
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,868

Post#55 » by Paz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 am

I think that it's safe to say that Bosh is no longer a post up threat whatsoever.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#56 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:19 am

it feels like he got away from the post even more as he said this
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#57 » by dancing2thabeet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 am

He gotta make some changes in the offseason. Maybe he should hit the gym with Napier and Tyler.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#58 » by HIF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:36 am

Bosh is a great second option. He's an average first option as shown in Toronto (record wise) and here when Wade is out.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to Miami Heat