ImageImageImage

Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Training Camp Edition

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Re: Official Miami Heat 2014-2015 Season - Training Camp Edi 

Post#581 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:56 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:We're not getting Horford. Why would we. Would you give up Bosh? We don't have the assets.

I would Trade Deng and Mario/Cole for the best young big or SG we can get. Give Deng's minutes to Ennis, Cole's/Rio's minutes to Nappier. Start building the future now so by 2016 we'll have a young experienced core.

Maybe Deng + Cole to Bucks for Larry Sanders?

Nappier/Rio
Wade/Dawkins/Tyler J
Ennis/Granger
Bosh/Mcbob
Larry Sanders/Mcbob

I like the idea, but doesn't Sanders have a pretty huge contract?
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#582 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:05 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:We're not getting Horford. Why would we. Would you give up Bosh? We don't have the assets.

I would Trade Deng and Mario/Cole for the best young big or SG we can get. Give Deng's minutes to Ennis, Cole's/Rio's minutes to Nappier. Start building the future now so by 2016 we'll have a young experienced core.

Nappier/Rio
Wade/Dawkins/Tyler J
Ennis/Granger
Bosh/Mcbob
Larry Sanders/Mcbob

Actually Sanders is making 11 Mil per year (for next 4 years) . Deng + Cole make 11.7 Mil per year together.

To me we're not really playing Heat basketball without a great defensive Center. Sanders can really be that in out system. Bosh/Sanders for the next 4 years could become the best front line in the NBA if all works out.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#583 » by dancing2thabeet » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:14 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
dancing2thabeet wrote:

Nappier/Rio
Wade/Dawkins/Tyler J
Ennis/Granger
Bosh/Mcbob
Larry Sanders/Mcbob

Actually Sanders is making 11 Mil per year (for next 4 years) . Deng + Cole make 11.7 Mil per year together.

To me we're not really playing Heat basketball without a great defensive Center. Sanders can really be that in out system. Bosh/Sanders for the next 4 years could become the best front line in the NBA if all works out.

For some reason, I thought he is making close to max. I like this idea even more now. He is big, tough, athletic, plays some good D and is very mobile for his size. The problems might be that he is a bit of a headcase and of course if the Bucks even do this trade.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
laploutocratie
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,274

Post#584 » by laploutocratie » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow Napier looks GOOD. That Chalmers signing becomes even more puzzling with Napier's emergence.
x XVII

6ixth_Man wrote:When I die, I want the Raptors to lower me into my grave, so they can let me down one last time
Mugiwara
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#585 » by Mugiwara » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:32 pm

We should go after Gasol. I miss having a true center.. :cry:

Bosh at the 4 with Gasol at 5. So deadly. :nod: :nod:
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#586 » by Mars » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Wade ready to go on attack, when given the call

Ira Winderman | Sun Sentinel
October 19, 2014

The numbers indicate a passive approach, nothing like the aggression needed to inspire hope in the wake of LeBron James' free-agency defection.

Just 17 free throws in five preseason appearances. Fewer rebounds than three of the team's other guards. A .408 shooting percentage. Already held out of the second night of a back-to-back set.

But Dwyane Wade warns that the concern needs to be tempered. He says it is as simple as his time has not come yet as the Miami Heat reconfigure.

"I'm still finding my way with this team and this offense," he said, as the Heat turn their attention to Tuesday's home exhibition finale against the Houston Rockets. "So I'm still trying to see where I fit in. I know I can get a shot any time I want, but it's about the quality of it more so than anything. I'm just playing the game and just seeing."

With so many newcomers, Wade said the priority has been easing those adjustments. His platform, he said, has yet to be installed by coach Erik Spoelstra...

Link
GUTS™
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#587 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:46 pm

laploutocratie wrote:Wow Napier looks GOOD. That Chalmers signing becomes even more puzzling with Napier's emergence.

I'd still take Chalmers over Cole any day. Cole really doesn't do anything special for me on the court. Atleast rio will have his moments.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,561

Post#588 » by Slot Machine » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Nappier/Rio
Wade/Dawkins/Tyler J
Ennis/Granger
Bosh/Mcbob
Larry Sanders/Mcbob

Highly doubt Bucks have any interest in that. Cole has negligible value. Deng, while good, is a win-now player on what is essentially an expiring contract. The Bucks already have Parker, Giannis and Middleton (someone else too I'm forgetting I believe) on the wings who all deserve heavy minutes.

Only way I think it's possible is if he has off the court problems for the second straight year and/or can't stay healthy or productive while on the court. That would be a flat salary dump and I don't think a guy with as much potential as Sanders ever has his value drop that low.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
shanedude
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,694

Post#589 » by shanedude » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Does anyone else here think Ira sucks? The fact that he's the main beat guy for the Heat is really disappointing.
Tyler Gang or Die
Mars
Lead Assistant

Post#590 » by Mars » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:02 pm

The days of Juice being our go to "beat" are gone forever...
GUTS™
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#591 » by DefenseWins » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Mike Ryan from 790theticket calls Ethan, CLEthan lmaooo

But yeah it sucks... Ira is now our main guy and I am not a huge fan of him. I know he has covered the Heat since forever, but I still don't like him.

Tim Reynolds is a funny guy, but isn't as in depth as the other guys.

I think Sports Buzz or something from the Miami Herald does a good job at Heat coverage too.

But yeah Ethan is going where the money is and I don't blame him but, sucks for us Heat lifers who want some good info on our team lol.
Mars
Lead Assistant

Post#592 » by Mars » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm

SPORTS BUZZ

SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN
Barry Jackson | Miami Herald
October 19, 2014

HEAT CHATTER

###With Shabazz Napier continuing to improve and James Ennis flashing considerable potential, Dwyane Wade said the infusion of youth on this roster excites him.

"Our front office did a great job of finding these young guys at the right time," Wade said. "If they came before they wouldn’t have developed like they can now. Couple of these guys can really help us this year. We haven’t had that a lot since I’ve been here."

Napier had a team-high 25 points, four assists and just one turnover in 32 minutes in Saturday's win against San Antonio.

"He has figured out how to be successful within his limits of height," Wade said. "He’s a tough kid. I’ve seen that early in training camp. He’s only getting better every time he steps on the floor."

Link
GUTS™
Umbooki
RealGM
And1: 29,714

Post#593 » by Umbooki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:39 pm

A Bosh-Sanders frontcourt sounds really interesting, but if that sort of deal were to go down (and we lost Deng), I don't want to imagine how we'll deal with the LeBron, KD, and Melo matchups.

Do we really want Granger and Ennis guarding the best wings in the league?
G.cracker
Head Coach
And1: 958

Post#594 » by G.cracker » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:17 pm

I definitely like some of the flashes I have seen from Birch, Dawkins and TJ. Ideally we would send them to the d league to develop and perhaps pick up the best mid season, but if they are not on the roster, they are exposed to all teams to take. To that end, I feel Dawkins, while his long distance shooting may be necessary, is least likely to be picked up by others and would risk cutting him to the d league. TJ clearly has a lot to learn at this level and needs d league work the most, but his athleticism and energy are great and some lesser team may take a chance on him. Birch, while painful on offense, has been fantastic on the boards and blocking. His height makes me hope he can learn some offensive skills (Zo and Macadoo can help) unlike Joel. If sent down, I think he'll be snapped up right away. I'd keep Birch over Hamilton, and would prefer Dawkins over Shannon Brown, but Shannon may make more sense right now. But if Tyler starts to improve in the D league, I'd snap him up and cut or trade Shawnee Williams or Granger, as neither seems to fit into our long term plans. These three could potentially be good role guys or trade chips. What we have above them is filler.

If we had balls:

Bosh/ Bird/ Birch
McBob/ Shawne/ UD
Deng/ Granger/ Ennis/ TJ
Wade/ Chalmers/ Dawkins
Cole/ Napier
I'm like Global Warming, you can't ignore me.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#595 » by ifrosty13 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that Cole sharing the same agent as LeBron has to do with him being showcased to be traded?
Sc0pe92
Sixth Man
And1: 597

Post#596 » by Sc0pe92 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:21 pm

ifrosty13 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that Cole sharing the same agent as LeBron has to do with him being showcased to be traded?

No. You are overthinking
Sc0pe92
Sixth Man
And1: 597

Post#597 » by Sc0pe92 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:22 pm

I really hope we get rid of chalmers.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,081

Post#598 » by Bourne85 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Sc0pe92 wrote:I really hope we get rid of chalmers.

That's all I want for Xmas. Throw in cole. I'm on the shabazzzzz train.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#599 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

I like Birch, I see potential there.

When people compare him to Joel thery're missing 2 things :

1) Unlike Joel, Birch is an elite rebounder. Both are great defenders, but in today's NBA a good big man has to be a good rebounder. Joel was a bad one, Birch is excellent. It makes a huge difference on their impact.

2) Joel, probably due to starting playing at a late age, never had real offensive potential.

Birch scored 11.5 pointers per game with >50% in this third year in college. He's not very talented as a NBA offensive player, but he can develop into a decent one. He's young enough and has the basic skills.

Bottom line - A "Joel" With great rebounding and a decent offensive game is an excellent role player. Not an allstar but an extremely useful NBA big man. Birch is worth the gamble.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Heat_Fan_87
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#600 » by Heat_Fan_87 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:25 pm

napier/cole/rio
wade/brown/dawkins
deng/ennis/
mcbob/williams/ud
bosh/bird/birch/ham

that is what i see the roster looking like, ignore the depth...

Return to Miami Heat